Author Topic: What did Drakul mean?  (Read 1958 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
What did Drakul mean?
« on: March 20, 2021, 03:04:43 AM »
When he told Dresden he "only wished my son had your will" or something like that.  What was he referring to specifically?  He also seemed to be genuinely angry when Dresden spat out "dad!"
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline b4utoo

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: What did Drakul mean?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2021, 05:14:20 AM »
Um ... thinking it's pretty much self-explanatory. Dracul has high standards Dracula really doesn't stand up in his eyes. And since when does Harry ever give up. There you have it. Dracula Dracula obviously have a strained relationship. And Harry obviously pointed it out. And Dracul didn't like it... that will be 39.95 plus tax shipping and handling

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2021, 09:32:22 AM »
If I remember correctly this when Drakul was trying to fluence Harry, but Harry had already taken  a similar attack from the Lords of the Outer Night, Corpsetaker, Odin, Hades basically everyone and was still his own man.

Dracula hadn’t and not only hadn’t but had sought to please his father by establishing the Black Court as new flunkeys for Drakul. If instead he had established the Black Court to spite his father and spit in his eye that would have impressed him. Dracula is the Eric in the eyes of his father.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2021, 02:17:53 PM »
When he told Dresden he "only wished my son had your will" or something like that.  What was he referring to specifically?  He also seemed to be genuinely angry when Dresden spat out "dad!"
offhand, either a reference to his starborn abilities or just his straight up ability to resist the tide. Thinking when Dracula turned he lost himself to the OTHER thing entirely. We know his attempt to make the black court went badly, but not why.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2021, 03:32:13 PM »
Really?, your good for nothing son bring’s home a bunch of his new “friends” who proceed to eat you out of house and home, don’t show you and your home proper respect as “guests” and draw unwelcome attention to you. So of course you have a word with your good friend Lord Raith, who knows how to control his kids, and he doxes all your sons “friends” for you, in return for a bit of magical protection.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2021, 05:24:38 PM »

Well, if Dracula is indeed his son, he has become a bit of an iconic joke, drinking the blood of beautiful women, but hardly a "Prince of Darkness."  Even Harry back in Grave Peril went as him to Bianca's costume party, which is an indication.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2021, 07:47:12 PM »
Well, if Dracula is indeed his son, he has become a bit of an iconic joke, drinking the blood of beautiful women, but hardly a "Prince of Darkness."

Well he became the first Black Court vampire.  I'm wondering if he couldn't control the "darkness" the way Drakul has...  Instead he was consumed by it, and eventually a slave to it while Drakul has mastered it. BCV's are walking, talking, corpses....  They are basically slaves the same way a member of the Red Court, or White Court are slaves to their demons.  I suspect it's because Drakul is a demon lord...  Not a slave, but a ruler over demons.

Even Harry back in Grave Peril went as him to Bianca's costume party, which is an indication.

Wasn't Drakul wearing a tux under his robes?  I wonder if this is a hint he was actually AT the party, and saw Dresden......
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 07:57:55 PM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.