Author Topic: Molly in Cold Case  (Read 1410 times)

Offline LostInTime

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Molly in Cold Case
« on: March 31, 2021, 01:45:26 AM »
Something jumped out at me in a line from the end of Cold Case.

Winter law showed me a vivid image. An endless war fought at the far borders of reality. A war against the pitiless alien menace known simply as the Outsiders. A war fought by millions of fae to prevent the Outsiders from invading and destroying reality itself. A war so long and bitter that bones of fallen were the topography of the landscape. It was why the Winter Court existed in the first place. Why we were so aggressive, so savage, so filled with lust and the need to create more of our kind.

This is right after Molly was saddled with the Winter Lady mantle. That last line, "Why we were so aggressive... the need to create more of our kind."

I was mulling this over on a drive tonight and thinking if it was the inclusive 'We' or the Royal 'We'. The Royal We would be bad, but not terrible. Just Molly acknowledging that she is part of the ruling family of Winter fae. But when I got home and read it again, I realized that it is the inclusive 'We', because of the 'our' that follows it.

Right after she had the mantle thrust upon her, she was self-identifying as a Winter fae.
The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog.

Offline bigdangmoose

• Posty McPostington
  • "The Rack will be with us" - Molly
    • View Profile
Re: Molly in Cold Case
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 10:26:39 AM »
Right, but she was doing that throughout the entire story. She would say something to the effect of her being part of the fae and then catch herself and refer to her being human. So by the end she could have finally decided that she is where she needs to be, or she was so overwhelmed by the thought of the endless war that the thought of fae or human never crossed her mind.
You still have Zoidberg, YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG!