Author Topic: Killing King Corb  (Read 4203 times)

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Killing King Corb
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2021, 05:17:11 AM »
Korb thinks the prophecy protects him, but what if it is his punishment?

What if he ends up trapped at the bottom of the sea in the Marianas Trench in the cold and dark in perpetual torment and pain, no hope of rescue until the Sun goes red gas giant and boils off the oceans in their entirety, finally ending him.

Sounds like a VERY Mab to me.

Offline K.L.O.E.

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2021, 10:54:17 PM »
Korb thinks the prophecy protects him, but what if it is his punishment?

What if he ends up trapped at the bottom of the sea in the Marianas Trench in the cold and dark in perpetual torment and pain, no hope of rescue until the Sun goes red gas giant and boils off the oceans in their entirety, finally ending him.

Sounds like a VERY Mab to me.

Oh that is a good take. Karmic to the max. Possibly one of the worst ways to suffer eternity and Mab would enjoy it.

Ohhhh f@#$... You know what has the light of the sun? A nuclear fricken submarine that's what..hadn't even considered the reality behind that until reading your response.

Right? What was impossible in the past sort of becomes moot once we master Nuclear Fusion. It will still be something we haven't thought of.
Kyle Lowry
Everything

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2021, 12:26:44 PM »
Jim likes playing with prophecy, you think it means one thing, and actually it’s something totally different. Free will is a big thing in the Dresdenverse, and prophecy badly circumscribes free will, unless it’s cryptic nature actually aids free will by providing for a drastically different yet still accurate result.

Basically anyone seeking to rely upon prophecy in the Dresdenverse is screwed, it does not mean what you think it means, especially concerning Harry.

Corb thinks death is the worst that can happen, he really needs to meet the ghost of Lloyd Slate. Death can be a blessed relief around Mab.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2021, 04:15:16 PM »
Jim likes playing with prophecy, you think it means one thing, and actually it’s something totally different. Free will is a big thing in the Dresdenverse, and prophecy badly circumscribes free will, unless it’s cryptic nature actually aids free will by providing for a drastically different yet still accurate result.

Basically anyone seeking to rely upon prophecy in the Dresdenverse is screwed, it does not mean what you think it means, especially concerning Harry.

Corb thinks death is the worst that can happen, he really needs to meet the ghost of Lloyd Slate. Death can be a blessed relief around Mab.

Yeah the darkest part of the sea seeing the sun could mean Korb being locked up on Demonreach for most of eternity.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2021, 10:30:51 PM »
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2021, 04:56:05 PM »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline K.L.O.E.

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2021, 06:01:02 PM »
Kyle Lowry
Everything

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2021, 02:16:29 AM »
Basically anyone seeking to rely upon prophecy in the Dresdenverse [around Harry] is screwed.
FIFY.

@Dina:   ;D