Author Topic: The Stars and Stones  (Read 1633 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
The Stars and Stones
« on: February 08, 2021, 05:03:27 PM »
This may be obvious to others, I don't know.  I was just thinking about how Mavra spoke of it, and it didn't sound like a single event, meaning the first time.  I'm thinking that the Stars and Stones is a repeating event, when something big happens.  Kind of like how on Halloween you can kill Immortals.  But the Stars and Stones is a much much bigger type of event. 

What do you all think?  If the theory is true, what kind of event do you think it would be that repeats itself, and how often?  I'm guessing it's something that happens every thousand years, or maybe even more years than that.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 05:05:02 PM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: The Stars and Stones
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 10:08:28 PM »
Sure. Why not?

It could be the aligning of the stars and planetary bodies (stones) in some certain way. We've seen plenty of that in the books and real world belief systems.

I don't know how often, but I'm going to go with rare. Rare even for the immortal/near immortal types.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2021, 05:04:31 PM »
Sure. Why not?

It could be the aligning of the stars and planetary bodies (stones) in some certain way. We've seen plenty of that in the books and real world belief systems.

I don't know how often, but I'm going to go with rare. Rare even for the immortal/near immortal types.

Agreed.  I think it happens way less than every thousand years.  I wonder if the last time it happened is when the Sidhe took over the Gates. 

I think it may be a time when all the gods and titans become mortal.  When power can be taken from those not strong enough to keep it.  New alliances will be formed, new people/beings will take on positions of power.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 05:07:23 PM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2021, 06:28:49 PM »
I think it happens way less than every thousand years.
We do have some hint about how frequently it happens. Jim has said that the players who were around last time it happened are preparing this time. I don't have his quote at hand, so I can't say for sure if it was the players who were around or the players who know about it. If it's the former, it gives us some limits depending on who we can agree is preparing. If wizards are preparing, then it can't be much more than 3 centuries since the last time it happened. If not wizards but beings like Mab and Lord Raith are the youngest ones we can identify as preparing, then we can say it's at least a thousand years but probably not more than 1,500 years since the last time.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2021, 06:32:24 PM »
We do have some hint about how frequently it happens. Jim has said that the players who were around last time it happened are preparing this time. I don't have his quote at hand, so I can't say for sure if it was the players who were around or the players who know about it. If it's the former, it gives us some limits depending on who we can agree is preparing. If wizards are preparing, then it can't be much more than 3 centuries since the last time it happened. If not wizards but beings like Mab and Lord Raith are the youngest ones we can identify as preparing, then we can say it's at least a thousand years but probably not more than 1,500 years since the last time.

Or every 666 years.  I mean that's when a Starborn is able to be born.  Maybe it's tied to a certain period of time after the Starborn's reach adulthood?  Maybe Starborns are able to straight up kill Immortals?  Take their power for themselves.  Drakul is supposed to be a half immortal.  Maybe Drakul was simply a Starborn who grabbed the power of someone, and it's contained within him now...  As Jim said a being trapped in mortal form?  Perhaps the Starborn enslaved the power for himself.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 06:34:34 PM by groinkick »

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2021, 06:48:45 PM »
Or every 666 years.  I mean that's when a Starborn is able to be born.  Maybe it's tied to a certain period of time after the Starborn's reach adulthood?  Maybe Starborns are able to straight up kill Immortals?  Take their power for themselves.  Drakul is supposed to be a half immortal.  Maybe Drakul was simply a Starborn who grabbed the power of someone, and it's contained within him now...  As Jim said a being trapped in mortal form?  Perhaps the Starborn enslaved the power for himself.
Jim said Drakul was not a scion but something entirely inhuman trapped in human form. Now, he could have been a mortal that transformed into something entirely inhuman and then got trapped in human form.