Author Topic: What if Harry used a Darkhallow to consume all the creatures on demonreach?  (Read 4282 times)

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: What if Harry used a Darkhallow to consume all the creatures on demonreach?
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2020, 05:54:16 PM »
I am sure gods have much better defenses against that sort of things than ghosts or vanilla humans have. They wouldn't be gods otherwise.

Kemmler's desciples wanted the erlking to eat his ghosts, not to eat him.
no, they wanted to consume the ghosts directly..? Gods are only super powerful, they aren't impermeable, a big godly tornado is going to still be a big godly tornado.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2020, 06:07:59 PM »
I don't know. I think the fact that we've learned that Alfred can release parts of prisoners is potentially relevant to this conversation
oh I have sooo many theories on DR even before that... Funnily enough one that involved the mantles being made from a part of those beings and part of the reasons the fae are so put upon by certain elements of Nemesis is because they are part of her.(though I don't put a great deal of stock in that one). Or that the sleepers, as they are called, dream. And that dream creates its own domain, and those combined domains are what humans think of as the NN..

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2020, 09:20:55 PM »
I don't know. I think the fact that we've learned that Alfred can release parts of prisoners is potentially relevant to this conversation.

Look, everyone knows I'm a big fan of 'Demonreach is fueled by archangelic Grace'.  But if not, then there has to be a source of magical energy to fuel Alfred's wards and defenses, right?

So is it theoretically possible that Alfred is 'releasing' a percentage of each inmate's magical power, and Alfred is distilling it into a non-evil source of energy that he can use to power the prison and its defenses?  And the leftover energy (likely the bulk of it because the extraction process likely isn't efficient) is what's creating the dark ley line?

If that's so, then couldn't there theoretically be a scenario where Demonreach creates a tap for Harry? It'd release a ton of dark energy into the ley line, but allow him to tap a pure source of energy to use?  Either for a massive spell, or a Darkhallow, or something along those lines?

I'm not saying it's likely, but it seems like it's not outside the realm of possibility.
I don't know about all that, but we do know that the Swords of the Cross can purify stuff. Michaels made nasty stagnant water smell of roses. Butters cleaned the eyes of people in the battle of the bean. Esperacchius and Fideliacchius protected those around them from dark wills both at the battle of the bean and Chichen Itza.

Harry has multiple, more powerful, artifacts from the crucifixion. Maybe they could be used to purify the ley line, a part of it, or something.

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2020, 09:26:55 PM »
I don't know. I think the fact that we've learned that Alfred can release parts of prisoners is potentially relevant to this conversation.

Look, everyone knows I'm a big fan of 'Demonreach is fueled by archangelic Grace'.  But if not, then there has to be a source of magical energy to fuel Alfred's wards and defenses, right?

So is it theoretically possible that Alfred is 'releasing' a percentage of each inmate's magical power, and Alfred is distilling it into a non-evil source of energy that he can use to power the prison and its defenses?  And the leftover energy (likely the bulk of it because the extraction process likely isn't efficient) is what's creating the dark ley line?

If that's so, then couldn't there theoretically be a scenario where Demonreach creates a tap for Harry? It'd release a ton of dark energy into the ley line, but allow him to tap a pure source of energy to use?  Either for a massive spell, or a Darkhallow, or something along those lines?

I'm not saying it's likely, but it seems like it's not outside the realm of possibility.

And the generally evil feeling of Demonreach is just the drippings leaking out from the grant purifier being slightly imperfect? Sounds like a decent theory.

Offline b4utoo

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Dumb? Pretty sure performing The Dark Hollow wouldn't work since there are beings in there that are more frightening than the Titan. Which I'm sure they probably stopped the Dark Hallow from even affected them then probably knock Harry upside the head