Author Topic: The Accords, the Council, and Harry  (Read 5603 times)

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: The Accords, the Council, and Harry
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2020, 03:33:13 AM »
It's unclear even who was a member of the Accords, let alone who got kicked out.
“Marcone is not someone to cross lightly,” I said. “Not only that, but he’s a member of the Accords.” “I’m not,” Nicodemus said. “Not any longer.” “I am,” I said. “Twice. As a Wizard of the White Council and as the Winter Knight.”

Butcher, Jim. Skin Game: A Novel of the Dresden Files (p. 206). Penguin Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.
So I guess that Harry can be as many members of the Accord as he wants, but Nic is out.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2020, 06:07:46 AM »
Thanks, morriswalters.
Disinherit, excommunicate, shun, ostracize, disown?

One time I had the Spanish vocab word "frustrar" and couldn't recall the English word. The irony was not lost on me.
Thanks! The word I had in mind was disown.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline BrainFireBob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2020, 06:24:35 PM »
I favor the Za Lord being a Signatory

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2020, 08:41:29 PM »
I favor the Za Lord being a Signatory
That'd step on the toes of the Faerie queens, I expect. They kind of claim all the Fae, like the WC claims all human mages. It's why imprisoning the faeries in White Night was a calculated insult from the Raiths.