Author Topic: New questions that come from PT and BF  (Read 10396 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: New questions that come from PT and BF
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2020, 11:48:06 PM »
I think Michael told him that  :o
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2020, 11:55:01 PM »
I think Michael told him that  :o
Kringle did.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2020, 06:10:48 PM »
By the way, I understand we don't see it on screen, but I assume Harry did tell the Knights about Marcone. If he didn't, I will be mad.
Harry might worry that he shouldn't tell them because that would push them to do something. Harry does believe they are safest when they are being guided by the WG instead of him getting them involved.

Offline Lehane

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2020, 06:23:10 PM »
Harry might worry that he shouldn't tell them because that would push them to do something. Harry does believe they are safest when they are being guided by the WG instead of him getting them involved.

Oddly enough Marcone having the Coin causes Butters becoming a Knight of the Cross added emphasis given that he would be there to counteract Marcone's influence on the Paranet and its Chicago members.

As for Anduriel listening at the shadows on the Knights, those Swords house Angels as well and Anduriel been described as a bit of a coward. Given the 3 swords routinely counter 30 Coins I don't think cowardly is an adjective that can be applied to the Angels in the Swords.

On the Noose and its weakness, the Knights have said that they aren't there to destroy the holders of the Coins but to redeem them. That includes (however vexing it can be) Nicodemus and Deidre as Michael showed in Skin Game. The Weakness of the Noose only has value in killing Nicodemus.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2020, 12:23:54 AM »
Agree about the noose.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2020, 04:21:57 AM »
On the Noose and its weakness, the Knights have said that they aren't there to destroy the holders of the Coins but to redeem them. That includes (however vexing it can be) Nicodemus and Deidre as Michael showed in Skin Game. The Weakness of the Noose only has value in killing Nicodemus.

That is the bit that Murphy could not go along with, and why except for one night, she wasn't Holy Knight material.

Offline Wicked Woodpecker of West

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2020, 01:13:02 PM »
I believe that she knows this and is keeping her enemies close, and she still has payback to Namshield for attaching her home

Dunno, it seems in Battle Ground she get what's going on with Marcone only after Dresden outed him as Sir Baron.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2020, 01:51:58 PM »
Dunno, it seems in Battle Ground she get what's going on with Marcone only after Dresden outed him as Sir Baron.

She should know, Marcone has been part of the Accords for some time.  It was at his place that she used to spar with the einherjar.

Offline Wicked Woodpecker of West

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2020, 02:04:52 PM »
Murphy spared with E.
We're talking about whether Mab knew about Denarus.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2020, 02:13:56 PM »
Murphy spared with E.
We're talking about whether Mab knew about Denarus.
Probably not. “Much is explained”

The question is does Mab still want payback from Namshiel.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2020, 04:15:28 PM »

A thought just hit me as I was walking the dogs around the park.  Maybe Mab wants to marry Harry off to Lara so she can feed on him and weaken him.  This way she still has an effective Knight, but his power is kept in check so he is less likely to defy her.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2020, 04:35:39 PM »
A thought just hit me as I was walking the dogs around the park.  Maybe Mab wants to marry Harry off to Lara so she can feed on him and weaken him.  This way she still has an effective Knight, but his power is kept in check so he is less likely to defy her.
Unlikely. She will need all his power the coming years and she is quite sure she can handle him. Everything points to Mab arranging Harry to become even more powerful. Maybe even immortal.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2020, 05:48:14 PM »
I agree with Arjan, Mab prefers a powerful Harry.
Missing you, Md 

Offline TrueMonk

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2020, 01:19:19 AM »
That is the bit that Murphy could not go along with, and why except for one night, she wasn't Holy Knight material.

Maybe that was what you meant, but that night also had the bonus of there being allmost no one who had to be saved from their own evil. Allmost like shooting zombies.

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2020, 03:55:50 AM »

My best guess is that Mab most definitely wants payback from Namshiel, but she's made an investment in Marcone.  He's useful to Mab's plans. However, the thing about any investment; whether it's a financial or a business asset, is that eventually it get's used up, fully depreciated, depleted, scrapped or cashed out.  If Marcone insists on holding onto his new partnership with Namshiel, Mab won't protect him from the consequences of his actions.

Plus, Marcone has made the same bet that he will remain in charge of all of his decisions; that Thorned Namshiel will remain the junior partner in their deal, that Nicodemus has claimed he has with Anduriel.  If we see Marcone start to make questionable decisions, I mean decisions that run counter to the Marcone we know, it may be a sign that Marcone is losing his bet and it will be a time when Mab starts to think that Marcone's value to her has been seriously diminished, that maybe it's time to write him off.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx