Author Topic: [BG spoilers!!] Margaret LeFay  (Read 8149 times)

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: [BG spoilers!!] Margaret LeFay
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2020, 01:17:38 AM »
There's no reason to suspect Margaret was different in age to Luccio,  and Luccio was past childbearing age when we first see her.  Did Margaret time travel?  That's all it takes.  How better to hide then to just skip 60 or so years.  She would have been untrackable while she was traveling.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2020, 03:03:39 AM »
There's no reason to suspect Margaret was different in age to Luccio,  and Luccio was past childbearing age when we first see her.  Did Margaret time travel?  That's all it takes.  How better to hide then to just skip 60 or so years.  She would have been untrackable while she was traveling.
There is actually. She got a child.

Wizards power is different so why not wizards aging? We have simply not enough data points to decide what is normal, what is exceptional and what is impossible.

And she knew the gatekeeper. Maybe it is just a trick from his book.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2020, 04:10:51 AM »
There is actually. She got a child.

Wizards power is different so why not wizards aging? We have simply not enough data points to decide what is normal, what is exceptional and what is impossible.

And she knew the gatekeeper. Maybe it is just a trick from his book.
Yeah, the books are all about magic. So anything is possible.  Given that it would seem pointless to speculate. Yet here we are, speculating.  However I have no strong predilection for any point of view. I simply offered a possible take.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2020, 06:35:33 AM »
I thought simply that some women are fertile during more years than others. The difference could be magnified in wizards, so in lieu of some years of difference it became a couple of decades.
But yes, an easier explanation is that she lived in the NN. She probably ate faerie food quite often too, which may have an influence. Or, of course, she may have been more than a human wizard to begin with.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2020, 09:58:16 AM »
I thought simply that some women are fertile during more years than others. The difference could be magnified in wizards, so in lieu of some years of difference it became a couple of decades.
But yes, an easier explanation is that she lived in the NN. She probably ate faerie food quite often too, which may have an influence. Or, of course, she may have been more than a human wizard to begin with.
She might even have been winter knight, why not?
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Feral Plum

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2020, 06:43:27 PM »
A line in Blood Rites,
      Harry:     Just plain folks? I don't even think you are human.
      Kincaid:  I'm as human as you are.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2020, 07:33:56 PM »
A line in Blood Rites,

Well, half human, looks aren't everything..

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2020, 01:38:29 AM »
She probably ate faerie food quite often too, which may have an influence.
The influence is that it turns to ectoplasm and evaporates when one returns to the mortal world. Which is bad enough when it hasn't been digested and turned into blood and organs and stuff.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2020, 05:13:45 PM »
A line in Blood Rites,
That is a dig at the council’s narrow minded view of what humans are. Including themselves but assigning no value to other creatures also at least partly human. Wizards are not that human themselves depending how you look at it and I would not like a organisation that declared mee free game because I was not human enough for them.
SH[Elaine+++]