Author Topic: Will There Be A Power Struggle Among the Denarians Now?  (Read 2814 times)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Will There Be A Power Struggle Among the Denarians Now?
« on: October 14, 2020, 04:40:25 AM »

As of Skin Game, Nic and Tessa struggling against each other for the leadership of the Denarians.
Enter Marcone/Namshiel,  do you think he will sit back and take orders from either?  Or play second fiddle?  I look for him to play one off against the other, then take over himself.

Offline Telynn

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Will There Be A Power Struggle Among the Denarians Now?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 01:09:10 PM »
I didn't really think about Marcone trying to be the leader of the denarians.  That would imply more fallen show up and work under him.  I wonder how some of the others in his org will feel about that?  Sigrun for one won't like it much.  As said in another thread, she's liable to be pissed just to find out Marcone has a coin.  If she doesn't already know.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2020, 01:34:43 PM »
I didn't really think about Marcone trying to be the leader of the denarians.  That would imply more fallen show up and work under him.  I wonder how some of the others in his org will feel about that?  Sigrun for one won't like it much.  As said in another thread, she's liable to be pissed just to find out Marcone has a coin.  If she doesn't already know.

Yeah, but Marcone also likes the run the show.  Speaking of reactions to news, it will be interesting to see Nic's reaction when he hears that Harry has the Spear and that Marcone failed to try and steal it when Harry was vulnerable.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 05:36:46 PM »
No Harry has the Athame, the Spear of Destiny is the Athame plus Harry’s Staff. Harry only puts them together when they are needed together,

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 07:12:51 PM »
No Harry has the Athame, the Spear of Destiny is the Athame plus Harry’s Staff. Harry only puts them together when they are needed together,

Yup, he showed a lot of restraint, not even touching the Athame when it was on his belt least he inadvertently expose the fact that had it through his thoughts.  However Harry, at least thought he was totally vulnerable once he sent the Titan off.. However he may have underestimated the depth of his own will, because not long after he was able to get HWWBeside to reveal himself on the Beetle.

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2020, 07:48:32 PM »
Yup, he showed a lot of restraint, not even touching the Athame when it was on his belt least he inadvertently expose the fact that had it through his thoughts.  However Harry, at least thought he was totally vulnerable once he sent the Titan off.. However he may have underestimated the depth of his own will, because not long after he was able to get HWWBeside to reveal himself on the Beetle.
Be that a feat of Will as it may, Harry has special advantages against Outsiders.

We don't know he has special advantages against, say, Anduriel (though he still must've been pretty good to fend off Lash).

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2020, 09:12:52 PM »
I'd bet that most of the Denarians that aren't mindless thugs like Ursiel and Magog will try to run the show as soon as they have a competent host. They're probably constantly vying for position.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2020, 10:56:52 PM »
I'd bet that most of the Denarians that aren't mindless thugs like Ursiel and Magog will try to run the show as soon as they have a competent host. They're probably constantly vying for position.

Or hare off in independent directions, maybe with a thug buddy or two. If seizing the entire hierarchy isn't realistic, at least not being subordinate to anyone might be.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2020, 11:01:36 PM »
Be that a feat of Will as it may, Harry has special advantages against Outsiders.

We don't know he has special advantages against, say, Anduriel (though he still must've been pretty good to fend off Lash).

I think that is why Harry was trying so hard to neither touch nor think about the Spear, he was worried about Anduriel.

Offline ElJefe81

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2020, 11:29:50 PM »
I don' t think there is anything to compel Marcone or Namshiel to follow orders from Nic, nor do I think Nic would even bother trying.  My sense is that the Denarians that follow Nic do so because their Fallen have a similar mind to what Anduriel wants to accomplish.  From what we've seen of Namshiel, he has a different agenda.  Plus Marcone seems to have a similar obstinacy as Harry when it comes to letting someone bend him to it's will.  We're assuming Nic knows about Marcone because we're making the assumption that Nic/Anduriel for lack of a better word stalks the shadows of those he's interested in (Marcone would qualify for that, even before he took Nic down a few pegs).  I don't believe we know for certain that the Fallen have some sort of way of knowing when coins are taken up...it seems like generally Nic steals the coin, plants it on his intended target, then waits for the Fallen to come to him.

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2020, 08:03:39 AM »
Or hare off in independent directions, maybe with a thug buddy or two. If seizing the entire hierarchy isn't realistic, at least not being subordinate to anyone might be.

I think this is Baron Marcone's path.