Author Topic: 22 Case Files and BAT  (Read 7027 times)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: 22 Case Files and BAT
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2020, 04:24:18 AM »
I'm not sure Windows 10 even has Microsoft Paint for me to use.  And that's the only elite product I'll use.  :P

But I'll think about it...

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2020, 04:52:24 AM »
The Denarian book sequence might be off now due to Battle Ground.  It might be 21 now. 

• 18 - Mirror Mirror - Parallel dimension book
  • 19 - BATTLE ROYALE - Wrestling book (name seems less likely now thanks to Battle Ground...)
  • 20 - PAST TIME - Time travel book
  • 21 - DEVILS KNIGHT - Denarian pre-apocalypse book
are these confirmed names then?!? Or as much so as they can be from the publisher?

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2020, 05:17:55 AM »
I'm not sure Windows 10 even has Microsoft Paint for me to use.  And that's the only elite product I'll use.  :P

But I'll think about it...
Oh yes, it has it (I know because I use it often)

are these confirmed names then?!? Or as much so as they can be from the publisher?

LOL! No!  :D (Only Mirror Mirror)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2020, 07:42:14 AM »
BATTLE ROYALE’s entire plot revolves upon Harry accidentally being given a chicken burger by his favourite burger chain instead of his normal order. It is 427 pages of Harry arguing with a teenaged disintereresred burger flipper, and losing.

It is the more character driven novel Jim has been going on about.

PAST TIME - Harry developes an interest in horology and it becomes his new hobby.

DEVIL’S KNIGHT - Harry enters into a chess match with an apprentice in a printers office, and is soundly beaten as he can never remember how the horsey thing moves.

Sadly all these pitches fell on his publishers deaf ears

The best way to probably get Jim to adopt a title is to bait the hook with a terrible pun, and noirish connotation just constantly using it isn’t going to work.

If the timetravel book is indeed the last of the regular files then FALL TIME is the punnish option as in full time, the main period of the game is is done and Harry is about to enter the penalty/injury time of the BAT. It’s another but different pun on full as in Fool Moon, and the world is about to take a Fall. Have it set in Autumn around Harry’s birthday then you have a triple pun.

Besides you just know big A Apocalypse is going to kick off on Harry’s birthday.

“It was my birthday, it was the end of the world, and there was no cake.”

The one thing guaranteed to make the Apocalypse worse.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 08:28:24 AM by Conspiracy Theorist »

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2020, 08:16:40 AM »
LOL! No!  :D (Only Mirror Mirror)
Don't give it away! You destroy Griffyn's fun.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2020, 02:45:23 PM »

Mirror Mirror is firm, I think. I'd heard Fight Night for the wrestling one, but that might just be fan speculation.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2020, 04:58:31 PM »
People are pushing Fight Night and Heel Turn, I myself like Fall Guys for the pun. Nothing however has been settled, it could be something totally different like Body Slam, or Take Down, or Ring Rage. Basically Jim is spoilt for choice on this one which is why he hasn’t announced this yet, he probably has a huge list of puns and is waiting to see which one causes physical pain to  Priscellie

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2020, 04:06:15 AM »
I think it was Fight Night last I'd seen anything even remotely official-adjacent, but it wasn't terribly official and it was years ago, so who knows now.

Don't give it away! You destroy Griffyn's fun.
Indeed. It's all correct and accurate, in one time line or another.  :o

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2020, 07:38:10 AM »
Sorry  :'(
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2020, 08:29:37 PM »
I wonder if Mirror Mirror is also the time traveling case as it seems like alternate dimensions pair well with time traveling.
Jim said he was thinking the last casefile would be the time travel book, so unlikely.

Offline fetchzee

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2020, 04:46:54 PM »
People are pushing Fight Night and Heel Turn, I myself like Fall Guys for the pun. Nothing however has been settled, it could be something totally different like Body Slam, or Take Down, or Ring Rage. Basically Jim is spoilt for choice on this one which is why he hasn’t announced this yet, he probably has a huge list of puns and is waiting to see which one causes physical pain to  Priscellie

I just thought of one to add to the list:

Choke Holds

Offline Wrane

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2020, 07:18:23 PM »
Hard Sell would work for the wrestling book as well.

Offline Larry Fowler

• Conversationalist
  • Best wishes to you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2020, 09:05:41 PM »
The larger the saga the more probable that I don't live to see the ending. But I want the story to be good, no matter how many books it takes.

Goodness gracious no!!!!  I don't often take the time to write on this forum (3 young ones including a 3 weeks old takes quite a bit of time), but I'm always happy to read your takes and theories on the dresden saga.

That said I'm looking forward to any books JB, will give us. :)

He who sees a mosquito land on his crouch, understands that violence does not solve every problem.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2020, 09:20:56 PM »
LOL! Every time I've read "Goodness gracious" I am reminded of "Astérix in Britain". I have the Spanish translation, and the British Celtic people spend most of their time exclaiming "¡Bondad graciosa!", which of course is the literal translation of Goodness gracious. The first time I've read that Astérix, I was a little child and had never heard that phrase. I thought it was an invention for the book. The first time I realized it was an actual phrasing (I think I was watching a tv series) I almost fall of my chair  ;D ;D

Also, thank you, that is a nice thing to say. And yes, I bet your little ones demand a little of your time.   Part and parcel of your job.  :P.

I am looking forward to a new Dresden book with more interest than I had in years, because I really want to find some answers but,as I just enjoy Jim writing, I will be happy when The Olympic Affair is ready.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Larry Fowler

• Conversationalist
  • Best wishes to you all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2020, 12:43:56 AM »
LOL! Every time I've read "Goodness gracious" I am reminded of "Astérix in Britain". I have the Spanish translation, and the British Celtic people spend most of their time exclaiming "¡Bondad graciosa!", which of course is the literal translation of Goodness gracious. The first time I've read that Astérix, I was a little child and had never heard that phrase. I thought it was an invention for the book. The first time I realized it was an actual phrasing (I think I was watching a tv series) I almost fall of my chair  ;D ;D

Also, thank you, that is a nice thing to say. And yes, I bet your little ones demand a little of your time.   Part and parcel of your job.  :P.

I am looking forward to a new Dresden book with more interest than I had in years, because I really want to find some answers but,as I just enjoy Jim writing, I will be happy when The Olympic Affair is ready.

Sorry for a late response. It's been such a long time since I have read an Astérix. I Use to look at those when I was a kid. They made a few movies out of those the second one «Mission Cléopatre» was quitte funny.

To the point I'll read every book JB will send our way. the more the merrier.
He who sees a mosquito land on his crouch, understands that violence does not solve every problem.