Author Topic: Money [BG Spoilers]  (Read 9291 times)

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Money [BG Spoilers]
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2020, 04:48:06 PM »
He'll need help for the lights and electricity, but plumbing(even hot water) is old tech and not something that he'll hex.

And as I said in another thread, Harry probably has a salary as the Winter Knight, he's just been too stubborn to ask for anything from Mab. Once the thought hits him that it's part of the deal he already made and his just due, it can most likely cover his expenses at the castle and the diamonds will do the renovations. Molly has an eight figure expense account, Harry can make do with a seven figure one.

Yes but his salary is payable in Bitcoin (the modern Faerie Gold)

Online vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2020, 06:13:16 PM »
Yes but his salary is payable in Bitcoin (the modern Faerie Gold)

That's what Paranoid Gary is for.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2020, 09:00:29 PM »
What I am wondering is why Harry is contracting Michael to help him make the castle livable and not the the elves?
Did he, or was it just suggested? Anyway, Michael could be the general contractor and the elves could be sub contractors for all those parts. Also, Harry might not trust them or they might be unwilling.

And as I said in another thread, Harry probably has a salary as the Winter Knight, he's just been too stubborn to ask for anything from Mab.
Jim has said he doesn't.

Offline BrainFireBob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2020, 09:01:59 PM »
Means he probably has right of requisition, then. He might be able to order Sidhe to help- if he is willing to trust their work.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2020, 09:10:35 PM »
I was wondering the same thing, was he killed in battle?  Or is he busy elsewhere and Evanna was just acting rep.  Titania wasn't there but Sarrissa was for example.

I believe Evanna was lying to help Harry, he pointed to her to confirm that the apartment was damaged and unlivable.  She confirmed it, though we know it survived the fire, unless it was damaged later in the attack.  I think she meant they could no longer make him welcome because his home there was no longer livable.

What I am wondering is why Harry is contracting Michael to help him make the castle livable and not the the elves?  Yes, I know friendship and all, but the reason Harry had hot water and modern light and heat was because of elf technology/magic.   Now Harry might not mind taking a cold shower when it is ten below zero in the winter time, but he has a daughter now, who might.
Harry trusts Michael and they will work very well together. Working with the svartalves will be far more expensive and tricky. He might still hire them for some stuff if he can get the money.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]