Author Topic: Lord Raith, Empty Night..  (Read 1378 times)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Lord Raith, Empty Night..
« on: October 11, 2020, 12:11:55 AM »

There is a passage from Blood Rites, Harry reaches for Lord Raith with his sword cane and feels,nothing.

Page 348 Blood Rites

I reached out through the cane for Lord Raith---And felt nothing. Not just empty air and drifting dusty, but nothing. A cold and somehow hungry emptiness that filled the space where he should have been.  I'd felt something like that before, when I'd been near a mote of one of the deadliest substances that any world of flesh or spirit had ever known.  My power, my magic, the flowing spirit of life,just vanished into it without getting near Raith.

I couldn't touch him.  The void around him was so absolute, I knew without needing to doubt that there was nothing in my arsenal of arcane skills that could affect him.

I believe what is in and around Lord Raith is Empty Night, that is what the Outsiders want to do if they breech the Gates..  They are connected to the White Court, is Lara for or against them?  And is trying to marry Harry off to Lara a huge mistake on Mab's part?  Or is it another one of her masterful chess moves?

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Lord Raith, Empty Night..
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 09:00:05 PM »
I think Empty Night is the end of the creation, or at least one of the universes in creation.

I don't think Lara is aligned with the Outsiders. I do think Lord Raith was.

Offline StrayDog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 01:45:56 AM »

There is a passage from Blood Rites, Harry reaches for Lord Raith with his sword cane and feels,nothing.

Page 348 Blood Rites

I believe what is in and around Lord Raith is Empty Night, that is what the Outsiders want to do if they breech the Gates..  They are connected to the White Court, is Lara for or against them?  And is trying to marry Harry off to Lara a huge mistake on Mab's part?  Or is it another one of her masterful chess moves?

Another question is did Lara try to kill Lord Raith and couldn't because he's aligned with an Outsider? I hadn't thought of the whole Papa Raith angle so this is quite intriguing. There is still the Blampire angle too.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2020, 02:52:52 AM »
Iirc empty night is originally referenced in anne rices vampire books, meaning no mortals about to prey on. It's been talked about that here it means all mortals are dead. Empty Night.