Poll

Who would you like to see Harry married to?

Mab
4 (12.1%)
Molly
7 (21.2%)
Lara
8 (24.2%)
Elaine
4 (12.1%)
Sarrisa
0 (0%)
Nobody He's got the Kirk Curse
10 (30.3%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: October 17, 2020, 01:25:08 AM

Author Topic: Who should Harry marry  (Read 18462 times)

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Who should Harry marry
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2020, 02:55:14 AM »
This makes me want to see Molly grow into the Winter Queen role that much more!!
:D

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2020, 07:57:06 AM »
You want to REALLY go off the reservation? Here's one.... LASH!

Wasn't she supposedly dead and gone when Harry was plucking the guitar and suddenly played well, and she said "Anything I can, my host"? And she was still around enough to gestate Harry's younger daughter... maybe something of her is still back there, he freed her of Lasciel.

Something that might come about with Harry and Molly - she is now his boss - so he will see her more as an equal and less an apprentice (Harry doesn't think of himself as much less than Mab other than raw power). But... maybe not while Charity and Michael are still alive. It would look creepy. So maybe in 50 years. Meanwhile, maybe she can get her rocks off with Mac. He isn't human.  And he seems good at pretty much everything else....

Nautical? Molly and Carlos? Think the Vasa.....

Oh, and remember Lara and Harry would be a POLITICAL marriage - either or both could have something on the side if they are discreet. Papa Raith apparently did. Just if he falls in love... do not touch skin. Be a formal consort and wear gloves a lot...  she pictured him in white silk once, when she asked if he wanted to stay with the WC.... could she be getting her Knight in white satin? (Apologies to the Moody Blues)

Offline Ed0517

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2020, 08:00:20 AM »
Oh, and meant to add for Lash - if the Knight spends more time in Winter - maybe he can make a body of ectoplasm for her psyche to inhabit... just while they are in Fairie.... see how they get along... then ... how old is that little girl that Marcone shot by accident? The one in the Wisconsin nursing home? If her mind is gone, maybe the body is for rent?

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2020, 11:29:41 AM »
Oh, and meant to add for Lash - if the Knight spends more time in Winter - maybe he can make a body of ectoplasm for her psyche to inhabit... just while they are in Fairie.... see how they get along... then ... how old is that little girl that Marcone shot by accident? The one in the Wisconsin nursing home? If her mind is gone, maybe the body is for rent?

Perhaps, but that I think would be a huge mistake.  Who knows? Maybe Marcone made a bargain with Namshiel to heal the now young woman if he can.

Offline Telynn

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2020, 01:05:38 PM »
Perhaps, but that I think would be a huge mistake.  Who knows? Maybe Marcone made a bargain with Namshiel to heal the now young woman if he can.

Oh, you know he's at least asked about it.  That would be very important to him.  I mean he went after the Shroud of Turin just on the hopes it would help her.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2020, 01:50:25 PM »
Oh, you know he's at least asked about it.  That would be very important to him.  I mean he went after the Shroud of Turin just on the hopes it would help her.

I think before all of this is over, that now young comatose woman is going to play a significant role in Marcone's fate.  While yeah, Jim can change his mind, but in Storm Front, that little corner of guilt/humanity/maybe weakness that Harry saw in the soul gaze.  Marcone's attempt to heal her with the Shroud in Dead Beat, his hiring of her mother for his secretary, it is a "weakness."  Here is a thought, she may become a subject for blackmail on Nic's part to control both Marcone and Namshiel.

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2020, 05:20:10 PM »
Or blackmail by Namshiel to keep Marcone on his leash. "Sure, one day we'll fix that, but first we must..."

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2020, 05:29:31 PM »
Or blackmail by Namshiel to keep Marcone on his leash. "Sure, one day we'll fix that, but first we must..."

That too,  there is some evidence that Jim has been of two minds with Marcone, there are even rumors that he considered him as a Knight of the Cross at one time.. Now he seems to have gone to the other extreme with him.  Yet what he did for Chicago was good, right?  But then again it is a way that some terrorists and drug cartels get the local populace on their side.

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2020, 09:25:29 PM »
Harry has the real Shroud.

We know that Marcone has one trait of decency about harming or involving children, especially the wounded girl. Marcone would do almost anything to save her, that is the driving motivation that led him to where he is today. 

So if Harry is ever in desperate straits and needs a favor from Marcone, he can offer the use of the shroud(preferably on the shore of Demonreach).

Offline Telynn

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2020, 09:29:36 PM »

We know that Marcone has one trait of decency about harming or involving children, especially the wounded girl. Marcone would do almost anything to save her, that is the driving motivation that led him to where he is today. 

So if Harry is ever in desperate straits and needs a favor from Marcone, he can offer the use of the shroud(preferably on the shore of Demonreach).

Marcone already tried the Shroud.  It didn't help the girl.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2020, 09:59:53 PM »
Marcone already tried the Shroud.  It didn't help the girl.
He tried the Shroud of Turin, which was a "fake." It's noted in SG that the Shroud is older than the Shroud of Turin.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2020, 10:45:16 PM »

Yeah sure, let's just hand over a Magical WMD over to a Denarian, I see zero flaws in this plan.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2020, 03:43:24 AM »
Vincentric said on the shore of Demonreach. Then it's a win-win.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 14, 2020, 01:24:12 AM »
If Harry has half a brain, he would have the girl delivered to the island by someone, not Marcone himself due to the coin,  and then try to heal her. But I don't think he would ever use the girl as a bargaining chip. No, there is a chance that he knows how the Shroud works and it is not like that. But if healing is an option, I think Harry will call Marcone and do it for the woman's sake. No price, no deal. Of course, Marcone would feel grateful if it works.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2020, 02:55:07 AM »
Molly is the logical candidate for Harry, if she became mortal again.  However, I have a feeling that while Harry is getting himself out of the Winter Knight's job, Molly will make the choice to remain an immortal.  It's mostly just a feeling, but Molly has said that her work as the Winter Lady is important.  I can't picture Molly running away from her responsibilities unless there was someone ready to jump into her current position.  I suppose Lea could do the job, but that doesn't feel right to me either.  (Even if I ignore the possible virginity element to the job.)   
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 07:06:16 AM by KurtinStGeorge »
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx