Poll

Who would you like to see Harry married to?

Mab
4 (12.1%)
Molly
7 (21.2%)
Lara
8 (24.2%)
Elaine
4 (12.1%)
Sarrisa
0 (0%)
Nobody He's got the Kirk Curse
10 (30.3%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: October 17, 2020, 01:25:08 AM

Author Topic: Who should Harry marry  (Read 18373 times)

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Who should Harry marry
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2020, 01:52:21 PM »
I don't disagree, however Molly and Carlos did show some attraction to one another and "flirted" a little in White Night.  But apparently that seed landed on some very jagged rocks and met with disaster.
So, after Justine falls to Nemesis (child saved, of course) Thomas and Molly could hook up; after all in SF there seemed to be some attraction beyond just vamp and food.

But eh, that's far creepier than Harry-Molly :p

Sanya-Molly however sounds entirely appropriate, though Sanya is getting a bit old for it.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2020, 02:34:32 PM »

Molly still wears her heart on her cold sleeve for Harry, but after her experience with Carlos has resigned herself to that can never be.  That is the feeling I got as per their conversation in the limo after Mab sprung the nuptial news on Harry.  I also think she knew this was in the wind before hand, that would account for the literally frosty looks and if looks could kill exchange that she had with Lara when she and Harry returned to shore after defeating the kracken. Given that the Files is Harry's memoirs looking back, it is significant I think that he makes a point that that exchange between them went over his head and he missed it.  Definite dirty,icy water ahead.... 

To put it mildly, Molly doesn't approve.  Here is a wild thought, maybe Mab wanted Harry to kill Molly if she fell in battle, not because she is worried about how Molly would rule, but because that would blow up her wedding plans for Harry and Lara.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2020, 03:06:50 PM »
Up this moment the only logical candidate who Harry should marry is falling behind a lady who can't have sex and will kill you if you try and another one who eats you during sex. 

Really a good relationship asks for different qualities. I suppose we have Harry's best interests in mind otherwise Tessa showed interest.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2020, 03:11:53 PM »
Up this moment the only logical candidate who Harry should marry is falling behind a lady who can't have sex and will kill you if you try and another one who eats you during sex. 

Really a good relationship asks for different qualities. I suppose we have Harry's best interests in mind otherwise Tessa showed interest.

Well, you will notice Harry and Molly are very "brother/sister" these days, not just because Harry and Murphy were an item.  But Molly would respect that, then, and now that she is dead, time is on her side.

Offline StrayDog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2020, 05:10:29 PM »

I forgot about Tessa or maybe subconsciously knew she wasn't a candidate. The Kirk Curse is in the lead.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2020, 05:23:56 PM »
I forgot about Tessa or maybe subconsciously knew she wasn't a candidate. The Kirk Curse is in the lead.
Which is awful because it is a curse from a former denarian. Harry is a family man, he wants a happy marriage. If you choose the curse you actually stand behind it. In a way you strengthen it even maybe.

So revoke the curse and look for what is really good for Harry. That is what should means unless you are in league with the enemies of Harry who wish him evil.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2020, 06:23:16 PM »
Which is awful because it is a curse from a former denarian. Harry is a family man, he wants a happy marriage. If you choose the curse you actually stand behind it. In a way you strengthen it even maybe.

So revoke the curse and look for what is really good for Harry. That is what should means unless you are in league with the enemies of Harry who wish him evil.
Ah, but the thread title and poll ask a different question. Harry should marry Lara because otherwise he's toast. But that doesn't mean I would necessary like him marrying Lara the most (though it's certainly an intriguing option rife with drama).

Offline StrayDog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2020, 06:28:18 PM »

LOL Depending on the day and my mood, I frequently am in league with Harry's enemies then :D Wishing the best for Harry is what led me to vote for Lara as Harry's wife and well ... everyone knows my feeling about Molly .... [I know you just said it ;) ]

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2020, 06:54:32 PM »
Ah, but the thread title and poll ask a different question. Harry should marry Lara because otherwise he's toast. But that doesn't mean I would necessary like him marrying Lara the most (though it's certainly an intriguing option rife with drama).
Maybe the title but that can be interpreted in several ways but the explanation in the first post says “would you like to be with him”

But of course you could say he should marry Lara because Mab said so and she is boss and I don’t want reality overrun by outsiders and Mab knows best.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2020, 08:06:33 PM »

Look at it this way, if by some off chance that she agrees to marry him, at least Molly has
a better idea than most, she has soul gazed the guy.. But it ain't going to happen.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2020, 08:19:32 PM »

Look at it this way, if by some off chance that she agrees to marry him, at least Molly has
a better idea than most, she has soul gazed the guy.. But it ain't going to happen.
Not as long as she is the winter lady anyway, the mantle would go berserk.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2020, 08:24:26 PM »
Not as long as she is the winter lady anyway, the mantle would go berserk.
Harry has experience with a berserker in his love life  :-[

Offline StrayDog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2020, 08:33:47 PM »
Harry has experience with a berserker in his love life  :-[

A part of me would love to see Molly as the Winter Queen once Mab moves to Mother Winter.  From the looks of it Lara could break out a level of psycho that would give you ... ahem ... nightmares for years too.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2020, 01:40:13 AM »
All Y'all say it with me, Molly deserves better! ;P
To quote Harry Dresden quoting Clint Eastwood, deserves got nothin' to do with it. But seriously, I'm not so sure Molly deserves better. I don't think Harry is borderline narcissistic. Molly is in his havoc radius regardless. Jim said he made her Winter Lady because it was worse than just killing her. Molly was having a real hard time not being a warlock. I'm not sure if she's what one would call a good person.

Did you read Cold Case, Molly/Carlos ain't happening. That ship was never launched, it never was to be. It exploded at the dock, never to be rebuilt.
"This parrot is no more."

Offline StrayDog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2020, 02:40:53 AM »
To quote Harry Dresden quoting Clint Eastwood, deserves got nothin' to do with it. But seriously, I'm not so sure Molly deserves better. I don't think Harry is borderline narcissistic. Molly is in his havoc radius regardless. Jim said he made her Winter Lady because it was worse than just killing her. Molly was having a real hard time not being a warlock. I'm not sure if she's what one would call a good person.

This makes me want to see Molly grow into the Winter Queen role that much more!!