Author Topic: [major BG spoilers] About the Council.  (Read 11966 times)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: [major BG spoilers] About the Council.
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2020, 06:40:54 PM »
Yeah, that's how I read it as well. If you read their interactions as Carlos thinking Harry knows that Molly went gonzo on him due to the Mantle, and Harry not actually knowing about that, it sheds a lot of light on why Carlos is frustrated at him because it does seem like Dresden is threatening him and being an utter dick about it to boot...
And he is still a virgin. That makes him even more sensitive.

WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2020, 06:42:13 PM »
If Carlos was in an hospital, probably no visits. His own murphyonic field does not need to be reinforced by Harry. It's not a good idea to have 2 wizards in the same hospital. And I don't think Harry has being in Carlos' place ever.
I can't either, except for one thing, both have to want to. 
I can see Harry in Mac's quite often, doing things with people to prepare (like Marcone did). So if Carlos decided to give it a try, he could. Or it could be destiny, that they meet by chance there. Anyway, I am not saying it will happen but that it should happen.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2020, 06:53:43 PM »
It would be nice, but I can't see it happening any time soon.

Harry is too pissed at Carlos for being suspicious of his blatantly suspicious behavior.
Carlos is too pissed at Harry for being a cagey, agressive asshole at him.

Harry burned his bridges there pretty badly. It'll be a while before they can reconcile, if they ever do.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2020, 07:02:37 PM »
It would be nice, but I can't see it happening any time soon.

Harry is too pissed at Carlos for being suspicious of his blatantly suspicious behavior.
Carlos is too pissed at Harry for being a cagey, agressive asshole at him.

Harry burned his bridges there pretty badly. It'll be a while before they can reconcile, if they ever do.

Yeah, I wouldn't be shocked if Carlos was the friend that stabbed him in the back.  I also think what Harry pulled at the Peace Talks did the most damage.  For two reasons, Carlos was trusting Harry to have his back, and it was a major embarrassment for Carlos.  The latter I think did the most damage to their relationship, not Harry not leveling with him.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2020, 08:19:27 PM »
Just how would the Merlin sell this to the general assembly without it sounding like "yea, we kill anyone that votes against us."
I agree with everything you said, but I literally laughed out loud for this one.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2020, 10:18:08 PM »
Yeah, I wouldn't be shocked if Carlos was the friend that stabbed him in the back.  I also think what Harry pulled at the Peace Talks did the most damage.  For two reasons, Carlos was trusting Harry to have his back, and it was a major embarrassment for Carlos.  The latter I think did the most damage to their relationship, not Harry not leveling with him.
The thing at the peace talks also left scars and probably had a very real chance of putting Carlos back in a wheelchair on top of hurting like hell.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2020, 10:33:46 PM »
But Harry helped him survive the encounter with Drakul and his bunch, which is one of the reasons why blaming Harry for so many deaths irks me so much.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2020, 02:02:38 AM »
But Harry helped him survive the encounter with Drakul and his bunch, which is one of the reasons why blaming Harry for so many deaths irks me so much.

He did, but Carlos is a proud man, he may be even just a bit jealous.  Harry admits that Carlos is better at many forms of magic than he is.  Here's Carlos, yes, his body will heal, he is a wizard, but for the most part for now at any rate, he is pretty much stuck in a thankless job.  Yeah, he might be the North American Commander, but Luccio holds the strings.  Then there is Harry who seems to be the hero at almost every turn, and to add insult to injury he skipped a grade when he became a full wizard at 16.  So while Harry and Carlos seemed to be friends, if you scratched the surface, Carlos also has a lot to resent as far as Harry goes.

Offline StrayDog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2020, 02:10:49 AM »
Would Carlos even level with Harry or anyone else as to how he got hurt?  It may have been a huge blow to his pride that he got so beat up trying to have sex with the Winter Lady..

Yeah, probably not close enough friends to share that one. Another thing is that he didn't just get beat up, seemed like Mab kept him stable so he didn't die while the Council sent help. Goes way past being beat up. Getting almost killed trying to shop lift some booty off the Winter Lady while on assignment will not play well in any office.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2020, 03:13:43 PM »
Yeah, probably not close enough friends to share that one. Another thing is that he didn't just get beat up, seemed like Mab kept him stable so he didn't die while the Council sent help. Goes way past being beat up. Getting almost killed trying to shop lift some booty off the Winter Lady while on assignment will not play well in any office.

Yup, humiliation from the Winter Court on top of his serious injuries, then what Harry did to him at the Peace talks, more humiliation handed to him from a rep of the Winter Court.

Offline StrayDog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2020, 04:20:16 PM »
Yup, humiliation from the Winter Court on top of his serious injuries, then what Harry did to him at the Peace talks, more humiliation handed to him from a rep of the Winter Court.

Can you imagine how that conversation went at the ... ahem ... debriefing with the Senior Council? " You tried to do what?!??!!? With who???? You mean the CONVICTED warlock, neuromancy to boot, turned Fae!!!?? Next time stick it in a light socket and flip the switch !!"

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2020, 04:33:58 PM »
Not actively screwing over your allies in a fight is kind of a minimum requirement rather than something to be lauded.
It was after assignment and she'd been flirting with him while he had zero idea that she was fae and thought she was still Harry's apprentice.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2020, 04:41:34 PM »
Not actively screwing over your allies in a fight is kind of a minimum requirement rather than something to be lauded.It was after assignment and she'd been flirting with him while he had zero idea that she was fae and thought she was still Harry's apprentice.
He knew she was the winter lady. They both had no idea what that meant
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline StrayDog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2020, 04:50:19 PM »
It was after assignment and she'd been flirting with him while he had zero idea that she was fae and thought she was still Harry's apprentice.

In general, the assignment ends when you are off site. Of course Mab would present the incident as such to the Council and/or the Council (who convicted Harry of murder and sentenced him to death in Star Chamberesk fashion) would take it on Carlos' word. Especially given Molly is a warlock and the Council love Harry so much.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2020, 06:51:07 PM »
He knew she was the winter lady. They both had no idea what that meant
To be fair, apparently Molly didn't either and Mab didn't teach her that important little fact.  Otherwise I cannot see Molly deliberately hurt Carlos, nor tying to pleasure herself if there was any chance that Carlos or any other mortal would get hurt.  Here is a thought though as to why Mab said nothing.  Mab most likely is aware that there is a degree of attraction between Molly and Harry.  So was this not the perfect object lesson for her Winter Lady without risking the health and safety of her Knight?