Author Topic: Brighter Future Society Assets, Resources, and Services  (Read 6492 times)

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Brighter Future Society Assets, Resources, and Services
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2020, 12:09:32 AM »
The warlock bit is tricky though, fine line between a kid simply making a mistake out of ignorance, with a new born talent and one who has made a habit of it.  The former can be redeemed the later cannot and the Merlin was right about them.

According to Zoo Day, Mouse seems to be able to do something about the warlock taint.

Harry would still have to be selective, because 1) the Council doesn't know that Mouse can do that and 2) cleaning off the addiction to doing bad things is only helpful insofar as the warlock being rehabilitated doesn't actually want to keep doing more of them.

As for involving Tilly, that's a double-edged issue. If they get him too close, the Librarians are going to assume he's compromised by the supes (WOJ is that they never reached out to Murphy because they thought she was too close).

Tilly is someone they'd probably eventually contact with questions, so long as they don't think he's going to run back to tell Harry about it. Harry's best move is to mostly leave him at arm's length so his account that Harry seems OK in his limited experience will be treated as somewhat objective.

Ideally, pay Tilly a courtesy call to inform him he's back in town after having to lay low, but don't get too close. He's more useful as a potential intermediary to eventually open diplomatic contact with the other Feds than to recruit as an immediate ally.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 12:24:59 AM by Snark Knight »

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2020, 12:54:03 AM »
Harry really ought to put Mouse out to stud, a real asset for the BFS.

Frankly the world needs more Mouse.

Offline Telynn

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2020, 12:58:49 AM »

As much as I love Mouse being Maggie's bodyguard, I miss him being in the fight with Harry.  He is an awesome fighter.

Offline BrainFireBob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2020, 02:12:58 AM »
The huge werewolf population of Chicago would argue otherwise. They are Paranetters which means minor talents, for vanilla mortals the only option is Hexenwulf.

Cite, please. This is intrepretive fanon. Alphas never said to have talent- they wanted involvement

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2020, 02:23:29 AM »
Cite, please. This is intrepretive fanon. Alphas never said to have talent- they wanted involvement

They must have had some low to mid-tier independent potential, to have independently figured out the application of shapeshifting to rough healing that they had as of Aftermath. The shift is a spell; they need some level of power of their own to do it.

There's no indication they were practicing or even aware of their own potential before Tera West found them and taught them, though.

Offline BrainFireBob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2020, 01:39:27 PM »
All humans have potential. This is my core objection. Any human can learn to do magic, recall.

Offline ElJefe81

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2020, 02:50:25 PM »
    That's what those diamonds are for.
I think the question is whether Harry splurges on nice stuff or if he falls back into what's familiar and furnishes the castle via Goodwill :)[/list]

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2020, 04:46:21 PM »
    I think the question is whether Harry splurges on nice stuff or if he falls back into what's familiar and furnishes the castle via Goodwill :)[/list]
    It must be representative especially if he wants to build a power base. Really he needs a big hall to feast with his private army, the survivors deserve that. He should ask Freydis to furnish that one.
    WG+++: The White God is Mister.
    SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
      • View Profile
    « Reply #23 on: October 07, 2020, 05:14:02 PM »
    Harry will want his private quarters away from his business, so he can establish a threshold (the warding is brilliant but Harry would want a threshold as well) which he should be able to do with his daughter living with him.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
      • View Profile
    « Reply #24 on: October 07, 2020, 05:33:21 PM »

Not that easy,  how many Foo Dog bitches are out there?  How many are sound?  We know from Zoo Day, that some don't turn out so well.  Harry will most likely have to contact Tibet or Nepal to find Mouse a mate, then he might have to explain how he came to have a Foo Dog in the first place.. Trust me, breeding dogs responsibly can be a real headache. 

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
      • View Profile
    « Reply #25 on: October 07, 2020, 06:07:04 PM »
    Not that easy,  how many Foo Dog bitches are out there?  How many are sound?  We know from Zoo Day, that some don't turn out so well.  Harry will most likely have to contact Tibet or Nepal to find Mouse a mate, then he might have to explain how he came to have a Foo Dog in the first place.. Trust me, breeding dogs responsibly can be a real headache.
    He can probably create scions with normal dogs and Harry can arrange that. You have to ask Mouse for consent of course.
    SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
      • View Profile
    « Reply #26 on: October 07, 2020, 06:16:41 PM »
    He can probably create scions with normal dogs and Harry can arrange that. You have to ask Mouse for consent of course.

Yes, Mouse might be a bit shy.. ::)  Also be careful with scions with other dogs.  Now I have no problem with mixes, however some combos are not good and can even be dangerous.  Wolf/dog
    mixes for example, they are beautiful to be sure, there are exception of course, but many of the wolf hybrids tend to have an aggressive temperament.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
      • View Profile
    « Reply #27 on: October 07, 2020, 06:34:35 PM »
    Yes, Mouse might be a bit shy.. ::)  Also be careful with scions with other dogs.  Now I have no problem with mixes, however some combos are not good and can even be dangerous.  Wolf/dog
    mixes for example, they are beautiful to be sure, there are exception of course, but many of the wolf hybrids tend to have an aggressive temperament.
    But a foo dog/Werewolf mix would be very interesting  ;D
    SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
      • View Profile
    « Reply #28 on: October 07, 2020, 08:06:27 PM »
    I think there's mention somewhere in the Paranet papers. My brother keeps talking about how learning to shift foreclosed being minor practitioners. He says it's from the Paranet papers, but I don't recall it.

@Mira: Now you've gone and convinced everyone here that Mouse should have a bunch of babies with a wolf!  ;)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
      • View Profile
    « Reply #29 on: October 07, 2020, 08:17:21 PM »
    I think there's mention somewhere in the Paranet papers. My brother keeps talking about how learning to shift foreclosed being minor practitioners. He says it's from the Paranet papers, but I don't recall it.

@Mira: Now you've gone and convinced everyone here that Mouse should have a bunch of babies with a wolf!  ;)
    A werewolf! I am sure Marci is available.
    SH[Elaine+++]