Author Topic: words starting with br-  (Read 1288 times)

Offline flying peach

• Participant
    • View Profile
words starting with br-
« on: October 08, 2020, 01:19:51 AM »
So, Ebenezer and Mab are discussing Harry and "She nodded to Ebenezar and said, “Br—”

Butcher, Jim. Battle Ground (Dresden Files) (p. 49). Penguin Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.

My current wag is that she was going to call him brother. This would give an additional reason Harry's mother was called Margaret Lefay and why Kinkaid told Harry that he was as human as Harry was.

Edit: Even though from the story so far it appears that Mab is much older then Ebenezer (so I'm not sure how that would workout) but it's still my guess.

Edit 2: It also explains why in (Winter Knight?) the Summer crone told Harry that the Winter crone liked him. It would also explain why no mention has been made of Ebenezer's wife, Harry's grandmother. Surely at some point  Harry would be like "tell me about grandma." Maybe (this is kind of out there) Eb has the blackstaff because he took it from grandma when he split.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 01:25:49 AM by flying peach »

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: words starting with br-
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2020, 01:33:52 AM »
There is some woj that Harry’s grandmother from mothers side was a mortal. Not even a wizard.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Rigil Kent

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • GURPS: Red Sky (Dresden Files RPG)
Re: words starting with br-
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2020, 02:00:45 AM »
Later, however, there's this bit:
Then she stepped back and inclined her head slightly to Ebenezar. "Excuse me. I must coordinate with my sister's forces. Brief him on the plan, if you please."
I suspect it was just that.
"My plan is sheer elegance in its simplicity."