Author Topic: Bradley, A Canidate For the Sword of Love?  (Read 6213 times)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Bradley, A Canidate For the Sword of Love?
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2020, 05:08:39 PM »
I'm not sure how dangerous being in I.A. is. Most on duty deaths of cops are traffic accidents. That means most of the risk goes out the window when you're not spending all day on patrol in your car.

He wasn't always an A.I., and he still swears an oath.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2020, 05:22:34 PM »
He wasn't always an A.I., and he still swears an oath.
He probably wasn't always a single father.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2020, 05:49:42 PM »
He probably wasn't always a single father.

What has that to do with the price of tea in China? 

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2020, 06:25:32 PM »
  What has that to do with the price of tea in China?
Because the point I'm making is that if he's a single dad, he might very well have transferred to IA to avoid being in dangerous situations, in order to stay safe for his daughter.  If that's the case, then he wouldn't necessarily jump into sure danger as a KotC.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2020, 06:55:35 PM »
Because the point I'm making is that if he's a single dad, he might very well have transferred to IA to avoid being in dangerous situations, in order to stay safe for his daughter.  If that's the case, then he wouldn't necessarily jump into sure danger as a KotC.
This.

Honestly, I'm ambivalent on what happens with Bradley. I don't really see KotC in his future, but Mira's right that there's sufficient groundwork so that it wouldn't be surprising if he ended up being Harry's contact in SI for 5 years or so, and he slowly became comfortable dealing with the supernatural. Like both Butters and Murphy did.

It also makes sense that he'd start looking for a job in Hawaii if they transferred him to SI.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2020, 07:06:07 PM »
This.

Honestly, I'm ambivalent on what happens with Bradley. I don't really see KotC in his future, but Mira's right that there's sufficient groundwork so that it wouldn't be surprising if he ended up being Harry's contact in SI for 5 years or so, and he slowly became comfortable dealing with the supernatural. Like both Butters and Murphy did.

It also makes sense that he'd start looking for a job in Hawaii if they transferred him to SI.
Yup.  From a writer's perspective, JB spent too much time reminding the reader that Bradley is a good fighter for it to be completely irrelevant.  And maybe he'll get involved, and maybe even take up Amoracchius.  But I'm currently more inclined to think that it would be a slow build for him, with him maybe repaying the debt he owes Harry by training people how to fight.  Especially if Harry starts running a survivalist training camp out of his castle.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2020, 07:08:40 PM »
I'm not sure if Jim can pay off all the threads he's laid out in the books. Which is fine. The best stories are never finished. Sometimes someone comes back to try, and it just ruins everything. I'm looking at you Star Wars films not 4-6.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2020, 07:32:57 PM »
I'm not sure if Jim can pay off all the threads he's laid out in the books. Which is fine. The best stories are never finished. Sometimes someone comes back to try, and it just ruins everything. I'm looking at you Star Wars films not 4-6.
Hey, Rogue One was great. And that was the least necessary one out of all of them.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2020, 07:59:42 PM »
Yup.  From a writer's perspective, JB spent too much time reminding the reader that Bradley is a good fighter for it to be completely irrelevant.  And maybe he'll get involved, and maybe even take up Amoracchius.  But I'm currently more inclined to think that it would be a slow build for him, with him maybe repaying the debt he owes Harry by training people how to fight.  Especially if Harry starts running a survivalist training camp out of his castle.

This is a good idea too (the training or some help around these lines)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2020, 11:37:58 PM »
Hey, Rogue One was great. And that was the least necessary one out of all of them.

It was the only necessary one, it made the great flaw of Star Wars, the capability of a single small ship to destroy the Death Star it’s great virtue, it was sabotage all along and the secret bought at great cost of life.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2020, 11:43:46 PM »
Yes, and it was very, very good. (on a side note, I also liked SW:Rebels)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2020, 11:53:49 PM »
He has soulgazed Harry, he has seen his inner Sharknado.
true, but whatever he saw also made him decide to let Harry go do what he needed. Maybe he saw a monster like most seem to, but he saw a monster with a purpose.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2020, 12:36:09 AM »
Yes, and it was very, very good. (on a side note, I also liked SW:Rebels)
Fine, fine. Numbered Star Wars movies not 4-6. SW: Rebels wasn't a movie.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2020, 01:22:13 AM »
Fine, fine. Numbered Star Wars movies not 4-6. SW: Rebels wasn't a movie.
It was just a side note  :) I know what you meant.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2020, 01:33:56 AM »
It was just a side note  :) I know what you meant.
:) Yeah. There's plenty of good to excellent SW content that isn't any of those terrible, awful, no good movies.