Author Topic: !!SPOILERS!! Battle Ground Thoughts and Recap !!SPOILERS!! READER BEWARE  (Read 12419 times)

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: !!SPOILERS!! Battle Ground Thoughts and Recap !!SPOILERS!! READER BEWARE
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2020, 04:08:28 PM »
1. Mister is at home in the Castle, probably laying on the water heater, catching a nap.
2. I think the ending was changed, that in the original story he was still a member of the White Council.
4. The wake is at Mac's at the end. And I would guess that the Placard is hung next to the Accorded Neutral Ground Sign. Mac may need a bigger wall.
7. Everybody and their brother is a Starborn, but yes you read right.
9. This is somewhat alluded to in Cold Days when Mother Summer asks Harry to think about Maeve becoming Queen. One danger would be that posed by Galadriel in LOTR.
‘And now at last it comes. You will give me the Ring freely! In place of the Dark Lord you will set up a Queen. And I shall not be dark, but beautiful and terrible as the Morning and the Night! Fair as the Sea and the Sun and the Snow upon the Mountain! Dreadful as the Storm and the Lightning! Stronger than the foundations of the earth. All shall love me and despair!’
@Yuillegan
The thing about throwing rocks is the problem of gunfights.  While you are shooting at them, they are shooting at you.

Offline Rigil Kent

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • GURPS: Red Sky (Dresden Files RPG)
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2020, 04:22:45 PM »
I did not like the Librarians introduction at all. Specially because we don't need more factions.
I actually think they were long overdue. Looking at it, the notion that the American federal government - or heck, any national government - just sitting back and not getting involved with the supernatural in any capacity is hard to swallow. They sit back and allow the White Council to dictate terms which, admittedly, has several centuries of capabilities on them, but still. There is no way, IMO, that individual national governments would not try and get involved in some way (whether that means fighting the supernatural, recruiting it, trying to suborn it, or even join it…) So there long needed to be some sort of organization in place that keeps trying to get Accorded Nation status but keeps falling short for some reason...

(In a Dresden Files RPG that I was running, I was about to introduce an overwatch organization called AEGIS (intentionally making a joke about SHIELD there) which was run by an Athena Grey who would naturally turn out to be the Athena down the road... so I am a little biased toward them showing up, though. :P)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 04:26:21 PM by Rigil Kent »
"My plan is sheer elegance in its simplicity."

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2020, 08:45:09 PM »
I actually agree with you about it making sense, Rigil, but I think is too late to introduce them now, when things are so complicated. From a storytelling point of view, I think it only makes things messier.

I liked that about your RPG. Any relationship with Goodman? And yes, the Athena would be fitting.

1. Mister is at home in the Castle, probably laying on the water heater, catching a nap.
2. I think the ending was changed, that in the original story he was still a member of the White Council.
4. The wake is at Mac's at the end. And I would guess that the Placard is hung next to the Accorded Neutral Ground Sign. Mac may need a bigger wall.
1- It makes sense for Christmas, but when Harry goes to the Carpenters after the fight he mentions Mouse and Maggie but not Mister when speaking about his little family. It made me sad.
2- Perhaps
4- It's at Mac's? I totally missed it. They mentioned how Mac himself was doing? I think he (and Harry) saved a lot of people that night. I also think he will miss Murphy.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2020, 11:07:37 PM »
Well Hope had him in Peace Talks so he was off pouting some at the Carpenters I guess.