Author Topic: Did I miss something? [Battle Ground Spoilers]  (Read 2144 times)

Offline Cruness

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Did I miss something? [Battle Ground Spoilers]
« on: October 02, 2020, 01:32:11 PM »
Hey all, been a while since I've posted anything. But something has been eating away at me and I wonder if anyone else has caught it.
Below be spoilers for Battle Ground ye have been warned!

(click to show/hide)

Did I miss something? What do you all think?

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Did I miss something? [Battle Ground Spoilers]
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 01:36:56 PM »

Yeah, Alfred got Harry back to shore, where Harry did give Alfred both the Spear and the Eye, told him to put them away, but he didn't want to know where.  So later in the Accord meeting he could truthfully claim he didn't know what happened to the Eye.. Technically he was telling the truth..

So last we heard Justine was still on the Water Beetle going somewhere on the lake.  So does Harry get a new boat now?

Offline Cruness

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 01:53:18 PM »
Lara mentions the boat being found run aground in indiana, and was repairable, in the last chapter.

I just went back to the line. Harry only gives Alfred the eye. The spear is not mentioned at all.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 03:43:55 PM »
Lara mentions the boat being found run aground in indiana, and was repairable, in the last chapter.

I just went back to the line. Harry only gives Alfred the eye. The spear is not mentioned at all.
I thought it was, the Placard and what happened to Mac are not mentioned either.  The wake was at Mac's place, but he isn't mentioned.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 04:39:50 PM »
I thought it was, the Placard and what happened to Mac are not mentioned either.  The wake was at Mac's place, but he isn't mentioned.
Mac's place was intact which is telling.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2020, 05:13:10 PM »
Mac's place was intact which is telling.

Yes, but I'd of loved to have seen a conversation between Mac and Harry in the aftermath.  How
Murphy arrived at her fateful decision.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2020, 09:59:49 PM »
Hey all, been a while since I've posted anything. But something has been eating away at me and I wonder if anyone else has caught it.
Below be spoilers for Battle Ground ye have been warned!

(click to show/hide)

Did I miss something? What do you all think?

I agree with you, I was very worried about that. I thought that perhaps his mind had been compromised again and he has made to forgot about it but I think Alfred would have asked him for the Spear. Or perhaps not. I found it very, very worrisome, because the Spear is a real major Weapon, specially if Justine or Marcone are who took it. I was also worried because Harry mentioned taking his coat off in the boat, so perhaps the Spear was there? And Justine took it? But again, how Harry forgot about it.

Or he did something with it that he did not tell us...and that is almost as worrisome.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2020, 11:16:23 PM »

Also he anticipated using the Spear at some point because he had the svartalves make a special fitting for it at the end of his staff.  That had to have been when he still was living at the apartment.  So that says he anticipated using it in the near future..  Also why was little Maggie sleeping on the sofa in the apartment when there was a perfectly good second bedroom that Molly never used because she wasn't ever there?