Author Topic: Jury Duty and the Peace Talks  (Read 7063 times)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Jury Duty and the Peace Talks
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2020, 01:55:39 PM »
The exceptions are simply not apliccable on a large enough scale but they do point to the white court being evil.

But is it the feeding by the Hunger Demon that makes them evil or their lust for power in general?
Back to Thomas as a hair stylist, Evanna just didn't say he was a great lover, she called him an artistof love making, none of that if controlled can be called evil.  In general we've thought, and Harry has thought that there is nothing evil about Thomas, but then there is that moment on the beach. 
Peace Talks page 3

Suddenly he looked less like a human being and more like something carved out of marble.  Angry, angry marble. I felt my shoulders tense up in the presence of a creature I knew was genuinely dangerous.

When has Harry ever called his brother a "creature"?  That is a dehumanizing label, perhaps it
was that vision of Thomas that allowed Harry carry out the imprisonment of Thomas on Demonreach?   

But back to the White Court in general, if they quietly went about their feeding, not killing or really hurting anyone, they might not be considered evil.  However it is their lust for power and dominance over others that is evil.  So is that the Hunger Demon or the human host that is evil?

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2020, 02:07:06 PM »
There are lots of people with a lust for power and dominance over others. We would not call them good people, but we don't round them up for slaughter either.

The big red flag with the White Court is going to be their mind-control and manipulation magic. That's pretty terrifying, and gets two out of the seven laws of magic for a reason.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2020, 02:27:07 PM »
And they eat your life. Literally. That is a terrifying concept.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2020, 02:40:26 PM »

Especially since you die with a smile on your face..  Oh crazy thought just entered my head... Malcolm, a healthy man, widowed, trying to raise his young son.. As a healthy man, Malcolm would have "needs and drives" like any other healthy man.. If he dated, could a White Court Vamp have killed him?  I mean how does life force drained by pleasure during sex read in an autopsy?  There
wouldn't be anything physical, would there?  The rumor is he died of an aneurysm, that is a natural cause, but Chauncy said he was murdered.  Well, Malcolm could have been murdered by a White Court Vamp, and though it is said it was an aneurysm, has anyone actually read the autopsy?  Or was one actually done?

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2020, 05:02:42 PM »
There
wouldn't be anything physical, would there?

Nope, see the beginning of WN... there is no medically apparent cause of death for a WC victim, at least for a Raith. (Skavis are likely suicides, and Malvora, maybe a heart attack?)

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2020, 09:02:00 PM »
They have to rape.
That doesn't fit Thomas. They have alternatives.

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2020, 09:13:21 PM »
Eh.

I am a blood donor. People live by draining my life. Are they evil? No, because I give it willingly and recover well enough. And on some level I give because it makes me feel good.

Raith is evil because it takes from the unwilling, and kills. Not because it leeches bits of others' life to live, and in the process can make the other briefly happy.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2020, 10:12:07 PM »
That doesn't fit Thomas. They have alternatives.
Realistically? Only Thomas did it and he could not keep to it either.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2020, 10:17:00 PM »
Eh.

I am a blood donor. People live by draining my life. Are they evil? No, because I give it willingly and recover well enough. And on some level I give because it makes me feel good.

Raith is evil because it takes from the unwilling, and kills. Not because it leeches bits of others' life to live, and in the process can make the other briefly happy.
And that is addictive. Extremely addictive. Which is evil in itself.

SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2020, 06:47:49 PM »
Realistically? Only Thomas did it and he could not keep to it either.
Are you saying Thomas is raping Justine, the girls she brings over, and the svartalves?

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2020, 07:14:11 PM »
Are you saying Thomas is raping Justine, the girls she brings over, and the svartalves?
It was not jest Justine.

Justine was managing his diet at some point, she could influence his mood by choosing the right girls. Being fed upon by the white court is addictive.  We hé attraction to Thomas is not natural. The lust is artificial forced upon the victim and that is rape.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2020, 07:43:19 PM »
It was not jest Justine.

Justine was managing his diet at some point, she could influence his mood by choosing the right girls. Being fed upon by the white court is addictive.  We hé attraction to Thomas is not natural. The lust is artificial forced upon the victim and that is rape.
I did mention those girls. Assuming the girls don't know about the addiction and Justine brings the same girls repeatedly, that doesn't take away from my point that Justine isn't subject to the addiction because she has True Love protection and I seriously doubt the svartalves are subject to Thomas's wamp mind control. Thomas has repeatedly proved that wamps don't have to rape to feed.

You said they "have to" rape. The best you can do is make some assumptions about how Justine manages Thomas's feedings and conclude based on those assumptions that Thomas does rape. That he can feed without raping anyone proves that wamps don't have to rape.

If wamps were real, would I be in favor of exterminating them? Probably because the good ones, i.e. the Raiths, are mind bending immortal rapists. My point is just that they don't have to be.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2020, 08:29:10 PM »
I don’t think he can help it, the feeding is addictive. The attraction felt by his victims is like a drug. That makes it rape in my book. Not as bad as most Raiths I know but even the mildest form has problems.

SH[Elaine+++]

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2020, 09:12:16 PM »
I don’t think he can help it, the feeding is addictive. The attraction felt by his victims is like a drug. That makes it rape in my book. Not as bad as most Raiths I know but even the mildest form has problems.

Remember that Thomas isn't going out on the street to whammy some unsuspecting, non-consenting woman. (Or let his Hunger whammy them for him, like he used to.)

Justine is going out and finding a woman who is willing (or perhaps eager) to come home to have sex with her and her smoking-hot boyfriend. (Perhaps she showed them pictures?) No mind-whammy involved. Willing consent.

And it doesn't seem like they are taking repeat customers, so there's no addiction issues.

What more would you like to see Thomas and Justine doing, to be certain that the women really do consent?

The svartalves *are* repeat customers, but they also know exactly what they're getting into, and Evanna doesn't appear to be at all under Thomas's sway, given the events of Peace Talks.