Poll

Who is going to die in Battle Ground?

Other (Specify in the thread to have them added)
2 (0.8%)
Harry
1 (0.4%)
Murphy
24 (9.3%)
Thomas
2 (0.8%)
Butters
1 (0.4%)
Sanya
3 (1.2%)
Andi
5 (1.9%)
Marci
8 (3.1%)
Eb
31 (12%)
Listens to Wind
20 (7.8%)
Martha
10 (3.9%)
Cristos
3 (1.2%)
Arthur
2 (0.8%)
Rashid
2 (0.8%)
Ancient Mai
1 (0.4%)
Luccio
5 (1.9%)
Carlos
10 (3.9%)
Wild Bill
11 (4.3%)
Chandler
7 (2.7%)
Yoshimo
8 (3.1%)
Etri
5 (1.9%)
Evanna
6 (2.3%)
Lara
1 (0.4%)
Mac
2 (0.8%)
River Shoulders
4 (1.6%)
Sarissa
0 (0%)
Fix
9 (3.5%)
Ivy
1 (0.4%)
Kincaide
4 (1.6%)
Bob
0 (0%)
Bonnie
0 (0%)
Billy
5 (1.9%)
Georgia
4 (1.6%)
Marcone
0 (0%)
Hendricks
6 (2.3%)
Gard
3 (1.2%)
Goodman
1 (0.4%)
Freydis
6 (2.3%)
Riley
3 (1.2%)
Mike the Mechanic
1 (0.4%)
Artemis Bock
1 (0.4%)
Nick Cristian
1 (0.4%)
Sonar Vadderung
3 (1.2%)
Ferrovax
0 (0%)
Father Forthill
3 (1.2%)
Justine
6 (2.3%)
Sir Stuart Winchester (deader)
0 (0%)
Mortimer Lindquist
2 (0.8%)
Elaine
0 (0%)
Irwin Pounder
1 (0.4%)
Inari Raith
1 (0.4%)
Rawlins
4 (1.6%)
Stallings
5 (1.9%)
Rudolph
10 (3.9%)
Bradley
0 (0%)
Tilly
1 (0.4%)
Toot-Toot
2 (0.8%)
Lacuna
0 (0%)
Uriel
0 (0%)
Tera West
0 (0%)
Erlking
1 (0.4%)
Titania
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: Battle Ground Casualties [Peace Talks Spoilers]  (Read 14753 times)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Ground Casualties [Peace Talks Spoilers]
« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2020, 04:30:30 AM »
Given what Jim has said the book has very little connection to that episode.  It sounds more like the City On The Edge Of Forever rather than Mirror, Mirror.  I have two expectations for it.  Evil Harry will wear a hat and he will have a goatee.

That certainly doesn't fit the City On the Edge of Forever.  Someone saves Murphy or Susan and the really screws up the current timeline so Harry has to go back and make sure one or the other dies to restore it.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 11, 2020, 06:29:19 PM »
The BG trailer and Jim's statement about what Harry would be his first frivolous purchase with the money from the diamonds has me feeling (not thinking, it's more of an instinct) that Marcone is going to die. While I strongly feel Marcone is going to die, I don't think it. His story isn't done. There's too much tension between him and Harry for Marcone to die fighting a common enemy at this point. On the other hand, it would be a good play on expectations.

Molly and Butters are both better and worse allies than they were before. They're both much more powerful but also more limited by additional responsibilities.

If Toot goes, it'll be too much.

yessss! This is part of why my theory for mirror mirror involves a sliders/quantum leap style adventure. Getting back to his own timeline may not be enough, he might have to fix every divergence caused by his death and removal..
I doubt that's going to happen. It's probably too much for one book ... but if I was Jim, I would maybe mention something about it happening so I could go back and do short stories or something with it because I absolutely love the idea of Harry being the traveling hero. I love DF, Quantum Leap, early Sliders, and just the idea of the wandering hero. I would totally be down for a spin-off of Harry going from world to world fixing them.

What Mirror, Mirror should be is Harry’s It’s A Wonderful Life, that the decisions he has been making are the correct ones, and what’s the bet that Uriel simultaneously exists across all realities (and able to do nothing in virtually all of them) and acts as the role of Clarence to Harry. This might suggest Mirror, Mirror takes place on Christmas Day, after the events of Christmas Eve, which I believe would be the earliest it could take place.

The result would be a more confident, energised Id type Harry. With perhaps the recovery of ‘lost’ people like Morgan or Susan to make the best of both worlds, just as Armageddon is about to break loose on our world.
Yes, please.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 11, 2020, 10:53:37 PM »
There is little chance of an Interdimensional Council of Harry’s in Mirror Mirror (which would be kind of be like a three stooges reunion of every actor playing the stooges in character), which is a pity.

Reviewing the BG Trailer, and sample chapters things do not look good for the Kraken or The Man in the Suit (Person of Interest reference?). They have a moustache, both Rudy and Chandler grew one foe PT and both have expensive/well tailored suits in PT.The lack of proper character name suggest it is very spoilery.

I also think some poor giant is going to have Murphy take out her height issues on it with an RPG. She menaced the petite Genowskwa with a fake in SG, so foreshadowing. Murphy is a bully who never picks on someone her own size.

We have seen nothing of Toot, Harry speculates that the Guard were watching out for him on his return for Molly. I think Toot will survive but will be changed, growing into a young Sidhe and shedding his wings. Imagine him and Lacuna as overactive 13 year olds, putting another responsibility on Harry.

Mollys power set includes weather manipulation now, she should be able to weaponise tornadoes. That doesnt bode well for the Bull Sharks.