Author Topic: The Fomor already unleashed ... Battle Ground Chapters 1 & 2  (Read 8683 times)

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: The Fomor already unleashed ... Battle Ground Chapters 1 & 2
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2020, 04:51:58 AM »
And Harry pretty much postulates on a period of rampant growth to have the same effect in SK.

That was Bob, not Harry, but yeah... I just don't think the two are really mutually exclusive. Both Summer and Winter incorporate multiple aspects, including life and death ones.

Just because it kills us doesn't mean it's death. The planet would survive just fine.

Yeah, but Atropos isn't simply Death (that was Thanatos). She's the Death/Ending aspect of Fate.

Atropos is only the End of things whose *time has come to end*. Not the End of Everything - the Mothers are still in opposition to the Outsiders, who do represent that (MS says to MW "even you must think that better than empty night").

The drive to reproduce is not a drive to create things...

But it's clearly associated with the "Life/Growth" side of things rather than "Death/Decay".

Summer includes both growth and disease. Winter includes both the drive to reproduce and the drive to kill. It's not as simple as Winter = Death, Summer = Life.

Because things purely of spirit do not have bodies.

True - Bob or Ulsharavas for example.

But Faerie aren't pure spirit. They're body + spirit.

Humans are body + spirit + soul.

And angels are pure soul.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2020, 06:32:41 AM »
Angels are purely soul but Uriel has a human body underneath? I find the two mutually inclusive. The mothers do have a bit of a duality. I think as much as MW secretly cares, MS secretly wants to destroy it.. probably why their balance works so well at the top level..
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 06:48:15 AM by The_Sibelis »

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2020, 07:09:08 AM »
Angels do not have souls, they have a Grace, and appear able to incorporate a physical body when required without borrowing ectoplasm from the NeverNever to do so, presumably a direct energy to matter conversion (and vice versa) which explains Uriel’s ability to teleport, he assembles his body when required then dissembles it when it is no longer required moving in physical space. This appears to require a greater degree of power and processing capacity than using the Never Never.

Uriel can easily modify the form he uses, which suggests he can undertake a far more complex form of incorporation, involving a much higher degree of processing  than say Molly, who appears more locked in her form.

Lesser Fae appear to use the Ways to travel, so the Ladies  are probably the minimum power/processing  level to be able to do this. Mab can teleport herself and others (Lara in PT) and change her physical form somewhat in doing so without apparently borrowing from the NeverNever which suggests a higher power level/processing level than Molly, which makes sense.

I wonder if there are beings powerful enough to teleport without the processing power to keep from being an undifferentiated pile of protoplasm? It probably answers itself, not after the first attempt.

In lending Michael his Grace, Uriel is stuck with the body he has made for himself, it is effectively mortal, soulless and Graceless.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2020, 08:59:43 AM »
on: Today at 07:09:08 AM »Insert Quote
Angels do not have souls, they have a Grace, and appear able to incorporate a physical body when required without borrowing ectoplasm from the NeverNever to do so, presumably a direct energy to matter conversion
just as much conjecture as the theory that they do. That they have a body underneath that grace. After all, transmuting a body is a greater order of magnitude than loaning a grace. Seems without his grace he's just a guy in a meat suit.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2020, 11:09:47 AM »
Uriel is still connected to his Grace to the extent that Michaels use of it could cause him to fall, but yes he was just a man in a meat suit, with a nosebleed.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2020, 11:43:49 AM »
I wonder if there are beings powerful enough to teleport without the processing power to keep from being an undifferentiated pile of protoplasm? It probably answers itself, not after the first attempt.
The rpg IIRC files teleporting under "too annoying to bother with most of the time" and provides some rules in case players want to use it.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2020, 12:08:02 PM »
I was going to cite the in-books quote that Angels don't just have souls, Angels don't have anything *but* soul (and a ton of it). But then I realized it's a Bob quote, and he's far from an expert on such things.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2020, 12:32:17 PM »
I was going to cite the in-books quote that Angels don't just have souls, Angels don't have anything *but* soul (and a ton of it). But then I realized it's a Bob quote, and he's far from an expert on such things.
ok, I should specify. I think Archangels have a real body. Those things that need 3 circles in FM would, to me, appear to be a higher or more complete class of entity than an ecto suit or other manifestation.. the loup is a decent example. Though he was a mortal man, possessed of an immortal(well, as immortal as a spirit is anyway) he had a third characteristic that combined both elements. Sort of a synchronicity that made him the sum of his parts instead of just possessed. the average angel is probably just the spirit+soul fusion into a new being that Bob talked about.
*One possible reason, for the Archangel, would be a being who died and became this new entity but was also revived mortally in some way.... Which is part of the is Uriel TWC? theory. One person we know of who died and came back for sure.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 12:35:59 PM by The_Sibelis »

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2020, 01:24:11 PM »
The rpg IIRC files teleporting under "too annoying to bother with most of the time" and provides some rules in case players want to use it.

Not seen the RPG but makes sense, only the truly powerful can bother with it as a matter of routine.