Author Topic: I am 99% sure that Cowl is Dresden from the future  (Read 11382 times)

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: I am 99% sure that Cowl is Dresden from the future
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2020, 10:09:53 PM »
No, that was Susan...

Susan is also Future Harry?

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2020, 10:21:56 PM »
I used  the phrase may be, not is.  I offered a theory of time travel for the Dresden Files. And what little support there is for it in the text.

Rant incoming. 
(click to show/hide)

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2020, 11:30:48 PM »
I don’t think Margaret is ever coming back, but yes in Mirror Mirror expect to see a parade of characters who died since Grave Peril, Susan, Morgan, various Ladies, Ace, Kirby, Lloyd Slate, Madrigal and Madeleine Raith, etc however as that time-lines Harry is likely a Destroyer, it is doomed and everybody dies.

The one thing you forgot to add to your list of grievances is that everyone is a Mantle.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2020, 11:34:32 PM »
I blame Jim.  Yet I keep spending money. sigh........... ;)

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2020, 02:10:11 AM »
He knows his skill vaguely because he's likely older several decades, so how could he imply he knows about it to Harry without revealing his identity?

Of course he needs to be manipulative and lie to Harry, imagine if he would outright say

"I have a vague memory of your, or should I say my skill, so let's see what my past self was all about"

Why even say anything? It obviously didn't manipulate Harry, because he doesn't seem to have based any attempt to figure out who Cowl is on the comment.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2020, 01:40:04 PM »
Why even say anything? It obviously didn't manipulate Harry, because he doesn't seem to have based any attempt to figure out who Cowl is on the comment.

Yeah, you know it could very well be that Cowl is Cowl, and Kumori is Kumori, characters with their own place in the story not Harry or Elaine or someone else coming back from the future.  We also have to be careful with the time travel stuff or parallel universe stuff, one can go to that well once too often.  I know it is fun to say wouldn't be cool if X,Y, and Z changed because Harry went back in time or crossed over into an alternate universe, but at the same time that could screw up a lot of other story lines that you think are so cool. It also makes for very lazy writing, screw up a character? Oh fix it with time travel..

Also Mirror Mirror, in the alternate universe Harry may not even be interested in Susan.  Or Murphy may be a corrupt cop, Eb may have taken in six year old Harry, or both Margaret and Malcolm live.. Or they never get together and Harry and Thomas become full half vamp brothers.  What I am saying is if Harry is different, everyone is different.  Or Harry is the only one who isn't different, he is the constant in both universes.  This is how the original classic Trek played out, everyone was the opposite with the exception of Spock who had integrity in both universes, he is also wasn't in the transporter accident that caused the event to happen in the first place.  One more thing on that, Kirk urged the other Spock to assassinate the other Kirk, thinking that would improve things in that alternate universe.  But would it? Actually very irresponsible of Kirk to suggest it because he is throwing a monkey wrench into the machinery according to his own moral values and walking away assuming that the effects will be good.  Violation of the prime directive once again, short term it may seem like a good thing, but is it in the long term?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 01:46:55 PM by Mira »

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2020, 01:41:35 PM »
I used  the phrase may be, not is.  I offered a theory of time travel for the Dresden Files. And what little support there is for it in the text.

Rant incoming. 
(click to show/hide)
Amen to the rant..   ;)

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2020, 02:18:10 PM »
Amen to the rant..   ;)
yea, even I have to admit the genoska coming back flummoxed me entirely. That's the kind of thing an immortal with a mantle could do, but he wasn't, he had to be mortal to use the coin..

Offline magical_liopleurodon

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2020, 03:00:23 PM »
Cowl is Peter Parker + Carnage symbiote from another dimension with the abillity to do magic

Offline magical_liopleurodon

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2020, 03:01:08 PM »
Kumori is Felicia Hardy

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2020, 04:07:28 PM »
Cowl is Peter Parker + Carnage symbiote from another dimension with the abillity to do magic

DR Who,  he/she is a Time Lord and can regenerate! ;)

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2020, 04:38:41 PM »
DR Who,  he/she is a Time Lord and can regenerate! ;)

That would mean the entire Black Council is nothing more than different future regenerations of Cowl all working together, including Kumori and Peabody, the final regeneration. It would explain how he keeps getting ‘killed’ but comes back.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2020, 04:40:47 PM »
That would mean the entire Black Council is nothing more than different future regenerations of Cowl all working together, including Kumori and Peabody, the final regeneration. It would explain how he keeps getting ‘killed’ but comes back.

Harry is Cowl> Cowl is Kumori > Kumori is Harry.

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2020, 09:57:33 AM »
yea, even I have to admit the genoska coming back flummoxed me entirely. That's the kind of thing an immortal with a mantle could do, but he wasn't, he had to be mortal to use the coin..

Yeah, if he'd died, the bond with the coin would be broken.

So presumably he never actually died, due to Wolverine-level or better "recover from being squished to pulp" healing.

Unless it was an illusion and not actually him that got squished? I'll have to re-read that sequence and see if there was a time when he was out of sight and could have done something like that.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2020, 10:28:20 AM »
He as good at veils.