Author Topic: Molly's Doppelganger Ring Crafting  (Read 9450 times)

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Molly's Doppelganger Ring Crafting
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2020, 04:36:02 AM »
Oh for the record, I don't think Murphy can help Harry on matters of mass destruction.. It felt good to be hugging her for sure, but it was clear that she had no grasp on what really was at stake.  But then again, perhaps it is too much for a mere vanilla human to get her head around.

I think she understands intellectually... I see that as more a coping mechanism, "deal with what's in front of me right now and leave the larger issues for later".

After Changes Murphy saw the supernatural world sliding into chaos and really couldn't do much except very locally, and even that required dealing with people like Marcone and Lara who she once would have seen as enemies.

I think she's narrowly focusing on the most immediate problem only as a psychological survival mechanism.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Molly's Doppelganger Ring Crafting
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2020, 11:22:29 AM »
I think she understands intellectually... I see that as more a coping mechanism, "deal with what's in front of me right now and leave the larger issues for later".

After Changes Murphy saw the supernatural world sliding into chaos and really couldn't do much except very locally, and even that required dealing with people like Marcone and Lara who she once would have seen as enemies.

I think she's narrowly focusing on the most immediate problem only as a psychological survival mechanism.

Possible, but it could go deeper than that, l think Nic did a lot more to her than just hurt her
physically.  It might be as simple as she doesn't understand Harry as well as she thought she did.
But then again this feels like a different Harry than we've ever seen.
At this point, the Council needs Harry more than Harry needs them (they'd lose any control over Demonreach). If this is a ploy, the right answer might be for Harry to call the bluff.

Yeah, but there is no time for that now, Eb should realize that.