Author Topic: Why Conjouritis, Why??  (Read 9421 times)

Offline TaygetaTauri

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Why Conjouritis, Why??
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2020, 07:26:45 AM »
I had a COMPLETELY Different take on The Conjouritis. I thought it might relate to Maggie and HER powers. NOT Fun Fact: childhood diseases are sometimes worse in adults (chickenpox is), Maggie could have a less noticeable form of the same disease, Harry is bigger and stronger with more magic, so it's more disruptive. Here's the thing about children, the spread germs VERY efficiently, they bring cold from school and EVERYONE gets sick! Being a parent often means being sick because your kid gave you a cold, sometimes your cold is worse than theirs. If you missed a childhood disease in your own childhood, your own child could bring it home from school or from friends. Maggie goes to school and had been shown interacting with children in the magical community (the Svartalves in this novel) so she could have brought something home from any of the places she goes and the kids she plays with. Dresden has become a full time parent, sometimes it's gross, and sometimes it makes you sick.  However I do concede that my mind might be on children spread things in school and bringing them home only because of the "Summer of COVID."

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2020, 10:17:49 AM »
I had a COMPLETELY Different take on The Conjouritis. I thought it might relate to Maggie and HER powers. NOT Fun Fact: childhood diseases are sometimes worse in adults (chickenpox is), Maggie could have a less noticeable form of the same disease, Harry is bigger and stronger with more magic, so it's more disruptive. Here's the thing about children, the spread germs VERY efficiently, they bring cold from school and EVERYONE gets sick! Being a parent often means being sick because your kid gave you a cold, sometimes your cold is worse than theirs. If you missed a childhood disease in your own childhood, your own child could bring it home from school or from friends. Maggie goes to school and had been shown interacting with children in the magical community (the Svartalves in this novel) so she could have brought something home from any of the places she goes and the kids she plays with. Dresden has become a full time parent, sometimes it's gross, and sometimes it makes you sick.  However I do concede that my mind might be on children spread things in school and bringing them home only because of the "Summer of COVID."

That has been my view all along, and the obvious answer.  Poor Harry has no wizard parents to relate this to.  Eb could have elaborated more than he did about it, but he didn't.

Offline Gigglestomp

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2020, 04:21:18 PM »
Conjuritis is just foreshadowing the next way jim tortures harry. Its a disease wizard kids often get. Harrys to old to normally get it, which is why it's funny. But the disease isn't to torture Harry its the implications.

Wizard kids get it, and harry never built up an immunity.

*Wizard* kids. Maggie. She's got power. This foreshadows it. And kids are petri dishes. He got it from her because he was never exposed as a kid.

Jim likes to torture Harrys body but it gets old if you dont hit him in the brain, heart, and soul too.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2020, 04:28:49 PM »
Conjuritis is just foreshadowing the next way jim tortures harry. Its a disease wizard kids often get. Harrys to old to normally get it, which is why it's funny. But the disease isn't to torture Harry its the implications.

Only if you have never been a parent and caught one your kid's so called "childhood diseases."  Normally the symptoms are ten times worse to even serious in an adult.. So no laughing matter.

Offline Gigglestomp

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2020, 04:33:06 PM »
Tell that to ebenezar and lara

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2020, 06:43:28 PM »
Tell that to ebenezar and lara

Lara has never had kids as far as I know, I don't think Thomas counts because I bet he wasn't ever allowed to play around other kids.  Eb has never been around them..  Like I said, easy to laugh if you've never caught a so called childhood disease as an adult.

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2020, 07:33:37 PM »
Also, does Lara even have any personal experience with being sick? I'd think the White Court healing would probably make disease a non-issue.

Offline pcpoet

• Conversationalist
  • life is a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2020, 07:47:25 PM »
I suspect that Lara has raised sevral of her siblings over the years.  remember both inari  Thomas's younger sister and Thomas were raised by lara.  I am sure as kids that thomas and inari  got to play with other kids because the white court has a tradition of waiting till they feed and kill before informing them they are vampires
I am who I am that's all that I am from my head to my toe that's all that I am.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2020, 08:16:26 PM »
Yes, and all of Thomas male teenage friends kept pushing him for a sleepover at his family’s place. It was annoying when they were 13, it must have got embarrassing when they were doing it when they were 19.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2020, 08:29:52 PM »
Also, does Lara even have any personal experience with being sick? I'd think the White Court healing would probably make disease a non-issue.

Indeed, as I said, unless she has caught chicken pox or measles as an adult, she has no clue.

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2020, 12:46:05 AM »
Indeed, as I said, unless she has caught chicken pox or measles as an adult, she has no clue.

Yeah - and I don't think she could due to Whampire healing. Lara probably hasn't been sick in 200 years (or however long she's been a full Whampire) and doesn't have a clear memory of what it's like.

The Raiths must have some degree of disease protection, I'd think.