Author Topic: Mister POV - New Microfiction  (Read 3242 times)

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Mister POV - New Microfiction
« on: August 05, 2020, 01:07:32 AM »
The newest micro fiction is a POV from Mister, which probably dashes some fan theories as to Misters true nature, but not potentially others.

It is clear that Mister is totally cat, whatever else he is. I would point to one visual clue in the comic though:

(click to show/hide)

I would also point out, the derogative term applied by Mister to humans is one that Bob has applied to humans, I would need to check the rest of the books, but this may be a Faerie usage.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 08:29:29 AM by Conspiracy Theorist »

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Mister POV
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 01:25:12 AM »
Yea doesn't necessarily ruin too many theories except he's totally a cat, but since my theory involves him being the anima, the animalistic part, of a god. It still could be..
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 03:13:15 AM by The_Sibelis »

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Mister POV
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 02:56:40 AM »
Totally, it is quite clear he DEMANDS worship

The Title “Everything The Light Touches” is a Lion King reference, would that make Harry Rafiki?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 04:28:38 PM by Conspiracy Theorist »

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Mister POV - New Microfiction
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 05:55:13 PM »

Wow, Mister has a bobtail...  My cat, Gabby is more of a "lord" than Mister, or "Lady" I should say, when she kneads[yup claws slightly out] my chest she always turns her butt and tail towards my face..Once in a great while she will knead the small of my back, which feels wonderful.  Mouse acknowledges Mister's seniority otherwise he wouldn't put up with that crap..  With cats, warm and soft always wins the day... ::)

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2020, 06:47:56 PM »
Mister is often referred to as “my bobtail tomcat” the tail was missing when Harry found him as a kitten.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2020, 06:50:35 PM »
Mister is totally cat and totally white god. That is the mistery of the holy duality. So of course he is just a cat. And he is the white god.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2020, 06:58:53 PM »
I think that Mister the White God theory is now officially Kaput.

The reason that Mister looks like himself under the Sight is that there is nothing more terrifying or more grand than a cat, and nothing that he would rather be.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2020, 07:58:34 PM »
I think that Mister the White God theory is now officially Kaput.
That is because you don’t understand the mystery of the holy duality. That is understandable because it is a mystery. You have to accept it or faith or study Mister theology for years.
The reason that Mister looks like himself under the Sight is that there is nothing more terrifying or more grand than a cat, and nothing that he would rather be.
Of course the idea that the white god incarnates as a human is just antropocentric nonsense. The state of this universe suggests a cat is obvious.
(click to show/hide)
Why would he? He can be a cat. The idea that the white god incarnated as a human to suffer is something only the Greeks could came up with. He clearly came down as a cat to teach by example.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 05:38:28 AM by Arjan »
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2020, 10:41:08 PM »
I would also point out, the derogative term applied by Mister to humans is one that Bob has applied to humans, I would need to check the rest of the books, but this may be a Faerie usage.
Ferrovax too.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2020, 12:00:38 AM »
Interesting, then it is a generalised supernatural slur for mortal humans.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2020, 10:43:21 AM »
Interesting, then it is a generalised supernatural slur for mortal humans.

Is it a slur?  Or just their generalized term for all primates?  Humans are primates, but take offense because they think they are a step above, not unlike cats.   What got me was the crap that Mouse put up with from Mister. Obviously Mister abused Mouse when he was a wee puppy.. ::)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2020, 11:34:43 AM »
Is it a slur?  Or just their generalized term for all primates?  Humans are primates, but take offense because they think they are a step above, not unlike cats.   What got me was the crap that Mouse put up with from Mister. Obviously Mister abused Mouse when he was a wee puppy.. ::)
That is the crap people put up with from the god(s) all the time. A clear indication of theological truth.
SH[Elaine+++]

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2020, 01:12:42 PM »
Arjan you don’t understand, Mister (like all cats) considers himself to be superior to the White God, in the Apartment he is the ultimate authority, to be the White God would be to confuse him with a much lesser authority, subordinate to Mister. Nemesis had better watch out they don’t get infected by cat should they pass the outer gates.

Monkeys is definitely a slur against these Johnny come lately humans, with their bipedal carriage and opposable thumbs they think they are gods gift, when any self-effacing god would be embarrassed to acknowledge them as theirs.

One has to wonder how monkey came to be part of Misters vocabulary in the first place, unless his rambles have taken him to the zoo, he could only have picked it up from Lea and Mab. Remember when Mab has Mister on her lap?

I think he was placed in Harry’s Household as PT has a vivid memory of Harry where his dad rescued a kitten in similar circumstances. Would Mab manipulate Harry by exploiting a cherished childhood memory of his father?. In a heartbeat. His spy reports are probably limited to “My bowl is empty/litter box is full”. He may have picked it up from Bob of course, on their joint rambles, but his vocabulary would likely have include “stripclub” rather than”monkey” if that were the case.

If Mister were a scion of Cat Sith he would likely reflect some of his progenitors Faerie heritage, he would be much larger than most cats and would have a longer tail. He is larger than most cats and his tail has been removed. Cat Sith is black with a white locket on his chest, Mister is grey, the dilute of black and might have the white spotting gene in recessive. A solid Grey from such a father is entirely possible.

Changelings who haven’t chosen are very long lived. Mister has been with Harry 3 years before Storm Front which would make him 17 years old by PT/BG, a good age but not decrepit in a cat. Harry remarks Mister isn’t as young as he used to be in PT, but that is a matter of fact, he is 17 years old. it should become apparent in the next few years whether Mister is scion or cat. It should also be noticed that Mister was referred to as “Dread Beast” by the little folk, if he has had a regular diet of the little folk then when he eats enough will he will go Malk?

I think the only other thing which might trigger a changeling’s choice in Mister would be a challenge on his own territory from a full Malk. Mister has had no interaction at all with Cat Sith

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2020, 02:17:07 PM »

I wonder if a monkey would think it a slur if someone called it a "human?" ::)

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2020, 02:35:22 PM »

I wonder if a monkey would think it a slur if someone called it a "human?" ::)
yes.
reminds me of the word Faerie when you say it like that lol.