Author Topic: Why, Thomas, Why? (Peace Talks Spoilers)  (Read 15083 times)

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Why, Thomas, Why? (Peace Talks Spoilers)
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2020, 07:38:36 PM »
No, it doesn't. It doesn't explain why they target Molly specifically, why her magic was cannibalized by fear bringer or any of a host of issues I have. That's one person's perspective, it does not include everything. It does not explain why I fishy named lady directed Molly towards using fear as a weapon. Michael was speaking more of why he went on a mission when his daughter might need him which is perfectly valid. And that doesn't make sense as an attack on harry, because after all, they just figured out direct attacks do not work as you already said. Doesn't explain the TT background either. It's actually towards how the good guys moved to counter, not the original plan of the black hats.
On the other hand it would explain why Arctis Tor closes itself to Harry mid adventure, scarecrow was eating Molly at that time, once he got to the Nfected bit he changed, which is why he says things like he's been serving the queen of air and darkness since before human memory, which would be before valid existence, things oblivated. The recognition in his eyes, or the "or what follows" Jab which is a reference to HWWBH. Pretty sure there's more im Forgetting.. also if you were to prescribe to the walkers equal Riders theory then him as the headless horseman is also a big cluebat to his real identity, the name Darby Crane is not a coincidence here. Nor are their nature's of eating fear a coincidence I think, it intentionally makes them a mirror for fearbringer.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 07:54:05 PM by The_Sibelis »

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2020, 08:28:56 PM »
The fishy lady is Sandra Marling.  And I think Jim has forgotten her. 

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2020, 08:40:22 PM »
The fishy lady is Sandra Marling.  And I think Jim has forgotten her.
yea, Marling, a fish. Like Ms Somerset.. NN beings either aren't too good at fake names or real like their irony, maybe a little of both lmao..(which is why I'm still wondering about commissioner Fairweather, though that one was probably forgotten for a much more convoluted plot against Murphy)

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2020, 10:25:09 PM »
Only one Nemfected character at a time please.  Lea beat her to the punch in PG. I've spoilered my thinking so I don't derail this thread any further and I'm sure that people are tired of me going on about this.

(click to show/hide)

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2020, 02:35:57 AM »
I've never heard your theory before... And it's kinda confusing... Where did you draw your conclusions from? I haven't read PG in awhile..

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2020, 03:50:23 AM »
I've never heard your theory before... And it's kinda confusing... Where did you draw your conclusions from? I haven't read PG in awhile..
(click to show/hide)

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2020, 04:18:45 AM »
Ok ok.. mmm
(click to show/hide)

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2020, 05:15:58 AM »
I choose to believe DR is too basic and foreign to be Nfected, to believe otherwise pretty much screws reality without recourse and seems like an easy out for nemesis that would have been tried already.

Alfred is probably too powerful (when on the island... and he's always on the island). I don't think Nemesis can infect just anything.

Lea was fighting back to some degree, so she might be near the upper power limit of what Nemesis could control.

I think there's a WoJ that it just wouldn't work at all on Uriel because he's far too powerful.

So there might be a middle ground... maybe someone like Ferrovax would be weakened by fighting the N-fection but wouldn't be controlled. And Alfred on Demonreach might be stronger than that (he could apparently overpower Mab).

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2020, 05:20:19 AM »
I think Nemesis can infect mortals.

I think it's likely possible given the way the Gatekeeper talks about it in CD... if everyone on the White Council was totally immune there wouldn't be the need for so much secrecy, at least within the Council.

But I think it's probably low-return compared to N-fecting one of the powerful Fae. Mortals can act against their nature without Nemesis, so on the one hand it can probably get mortals to do what it wants by other means, and on the other hand if Nemesis works by changing your nature - well, they could still act against the new changed nature.

If a non-starborn wizard were to do what Harry did to the cornerhounds -- opening his mind up to the Outside -- would that kind of Corruption be Nemesis? Or just another kind of madness?

Probably the latter. More like being mentally destroyed by an emotion-feeding entity like the phobophages in PG, except that the result might be a more "functional-but-dangerous" insanity, IMO.

Re: Justine's madness -- if Thomas's feeding was the only thing keeping her sane, what's going to happen to her when Thomas is locked away in a cell??

Thomas wasn't feeding on her for years after BR... she used medications.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2020, 12:19:28 PM »
Ok ok.. mmm
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)