Author Topic: Magic Mouse  (Read 1565 times)

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Magic Mouse
« on: July 26, 2020, 10:47:20 AM »
In Zoo Day we saw how Mouse’s Magic works, he can move energy about to make things smoother. This is almost the direct opposite of the Wizard Murphyonic Field which destroys technology, and before that soured milk, gave facial blemishes etc. Could Mouse now that he has clearly come into his full power,  allow Harry and Maggie to use technology without destroying it by counteracting the negative effect?

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mouse
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 12:31:21 PM »
In theory, yes? The Murphyonic field has interested me a great deal actually.. I think it has everything to do with the source of Wizardy. Namely Luck itself. If your consider wizards only effect technology, and Ghosts can freely effect technology as well, it becomes a byproduct of their aura. They effect technology because they can effect fate, but since they aren't supposed to by cosmic standards, it manifests as effecting technology. Note that every Law has a direct implication on using magic to abrogate the free will of another. An what's more, the superstition around the souring of milk/leaving it out, was that it attracted spirits which supposedly caused bad luck and focused it into the milk. So wizards souring milk was almost literally them expending their effect into a foci for it.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 01:13:01 PM »
In Zoo Day we saw how Mouse’s Magic works, he can move energy about to make things smoother. This is almost the direct opposite of the Wizard Murphyonic Field which destroys technology, and before that soured milk, gave facial blemishes etc. Could Mouse now that he has clearly come into his full power,  allow Harry and Maggie to use technology without destroying it by counteracting the negative effect?
Probability manipulation only goes so far against a constant passive effect.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 01:26:24 PM »
Probability manipulation only goes so far against a constant passive effect.
I'd disagree.. energy expended would be greater than energy naturally flowing. Depending on his technique and efficiency, it would simply require upkeep. He directly effects the Haunts by expending his energy upon them. Or to try to put it in physics, if you apply a force against gravity you can resist gravity, how far and how long you resist it depends entirely upon the methods used to do so. If he can directly exert his will upon the situation he must simply apply the right amount of Dv(thrust) in the right quantity for the right amount of time. Gravity is a constant, a passive effect. Unless they become agitated their effecting tech would remain a constant as well. Look at what harry did in DM, he held it back like a dam and when he let it all go it all flowed out at once. Surely if a few well placed tables and lights can do it, mouse wouldn't have any trouble applying the same technique to similar effect without directly fighting it, just making it flow more smoothly.
And hiya TCF!🤗
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 01:28:21 PM by The_Sibelis »

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2020, 08:22:05 AM »
I'd disagree.. energy expended would be greater than energy naturally flowing. Depending on his technique and efficiency, it would simply require upkeep. He directly effects the Haunts by expending his energy upon them. Or to try to put it in physics, if you apply a force against gravity you can resist gravity, how far and how long you resist it depends entirely upon the methods used to do so. If he can directly exert his will upon the situation he must simply apply the right amount of Dv(thrust) in the right quantity for the right amount of time. Gravity is a constant, a passive effect. Unless they become agitated their effecting tech would remain a constant as well. Look at what harry did in DM, he held it back like a dam and when he let it all go it all flowed out at once. Surely if a few well placed tables and lights can do it, mouse wouldn't have any trouble applying the same technique to similar effect without directly fighting it, just making it flow more smoothly.
And hiya TCF!🤗
Hello, I see you've gone through a few accounts.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2020, 10:07:28 AM »
So the consensus is that Mouse can’t counteract the Murphyonic field, but can alter the probability of failure, rendering it less likely over a given period of time, and probably cannot counteract a direct hex.

It does strike me that Mouses magic would work not only on the device but the practitioner. He helps smooth things out so that Maggie has a good day and doesn’t lose control, and it’s when Wizards are emotional then the Murphyonic effect is worse. For example a computer screen freezing would frustrate a wizard causing him to blow out the computer, and the frustration of that would have him taking out every device in the vicinity, in an escalation loop

Mouse would stop the screen freezing too long and/or prevent the wizard getting frustrated cutting the escalation loop. This could be useful if Maggie developers powers and goes to school, preventing her taking out all the IT in the classroom,  he genuinely would be an emotional support dog....and an IT support dog. Well he was named after a piece of computer equipment. This would allow Maggie to have a more normal childhood, which would be Mouses aim.