Poll

Who is going to die in Battle Ground?

Other (Specify in the thread to have them added)
2 (0.8%)
Harry
1 (0.4%)
Murphy
24 (9.3%)
Thomas
2 (0.8%)
Butters
1 (0.4%)
Sanya
3 (1.2%)
Andi
5 (1.9%)
Marci
8 (3.1%)
Eb
31 (12%)
Listens to Wind
20 (7.8%)
Martha
10 (3.9%)
Cristos
3 (1.2%)
Arthur
2 (0.8%)
Rashid
2 (0.8%)
Ancient Mai
1 (0.4%)
Luccio
5 (1.9%)
Carlos
10 (3.9%)
Wild Bill
11 (4.3%)
Chandler
7 (2.7%)
Yoshimo
8 (3.1%)
Etri
5 (1.9%)
Evanna
6 (2.3%)
Lara
1 (0.4%)
Mac
2 (0.8%)
River Shoulders
4 (1.6%)
Sarissa
0 (0%)
Fix
9 (3.5%)
Ivy
1 (0.4%)
Kincaide
4 (1.6%)
Bob
0 (0%)
Bonnie
0 (0%)
Billy
5 (1.9%)
Georgia
4 (1.6%)
Marcone
0 (0%)
Hendricks
6 (2.3%)
Gard
3 (1.2%)
Goodman
1 (0.4%)
Freydis
6 (2.3%)
Riley
3 (1.2%)
Mike the Mechanic
1 (0.4%)
Artemis Bock
1 (0.4%)
Nick Cristian
1 (0.4%)
Sonar Vadderung
3 (1.2%)
Ferrovax
0 (0%)
Father Forthill
3 (1.2%)
Justine
6 (2.3%)
Sir Stuart Winchester (deader)
0 (0%)
Mortimer Lindquist
2 (0.8%)
Elaine
0 (0%)
Irwin Pounder
1 (0.4%)
Inari Raith
1 (0.4%)
Rawlins
4 (1.6%)
Stallings
5 (1.9%)
Rudolph
10 (3.9%)
Bradley
0 (0%)
Tilly
1 (0.4%)
Toot-Toot
2 (0.8%)
Lacuna
0 (0%)
Uriel
0 (0%)
Tera West
0 (0%)
Erlking
1 (0.4%)
Titania
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: Battle Ground Casualties [Peace Talks Spoilers]  (Read 14876 times)

Offline Grifter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Ground Casualties [Peace Talks Spoilers]
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2020, 09:50:46 PM »
One "other" vote for Titania.

I'm picturing her taking a shot at Mab and it doesn't go well.
Added! I thought I'd included her but I guess not

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2020, 09:58:53 PM »
I doubt Murphy is going to die off page. She could die, and Harry "get's in everyone's face" in the wrap up chapter which often takes place a few days after all the action. This way Harry could have enough time to calm down enough to not just light everything on fire but still be in an emotional state where he derides the assembled White Council who is about to vote on expelling him or whoever it whose face he get's in with likely similarly severe consequences.

In Christmas Eve, Harry has a vision of "bloody Asphalt,"  then he mentions all of the dead, people he has known.. Yes, but all of those he has known?  Or one specifically?  He seems to think in typical Harry fashion if he had handled thing differently there wouldn't have been all that death.  So did the Titan offer some bargain?  Did he screw up very badly with the Spear or the summoning/binding crystal?  Or none of it could have been avoided though he did the best he could, but it wasn't enough.  I doubt he is going to be kicked off the Council after this, but I don't think he will really care after this, one way or the other.

However having said all of that, if Murphy bites the dust, I don't see Harry going berserk.   That isn't to say he won't be full of pain and grief, but sometimes going berserk isn't going to cut it, there is pain and grief that goes beyond that.. I think this is one of those times.  I can see Murphy being that bloody pool on the asphalt, Harry succeeding in binding the Titan and shipping her off to Demonreach..  But the Fomor survive, and a lot of people wanting revenge, Harry getting in their faces trying to prevent it.. But he fails because what is left of the Council and the other Allies are out for blood, and it goes very bad for both sides... That is what I think is going to happen.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2020, 01:20:18 AM »
The Titan has an army, Harry took out the Titan BUT THAT STILL LEFT AN ARMY. I doubt the army would surrender so it would be a bloody grind eliminating them unit by unit and there would be a lot of civilian casualties. This not something Harry has faced before, it has always been take out the bad guy and game over, or the battle is away from civilians, like Raith Deeps. A victory but NOT a clean victory is on the cards.

I actually think that is where Little Chicago will come into play, and Harry will need Bob, running the mopping up operation making decisions to save a Hospital or a suburb from Fomor action, when he doesn’t have the forces to do both.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2020, 03:10:06 AM »
The Titan has an army, Harry took out the Titan BUT THAT STILL LEFT AN ARMY. I doubt the army would surrender so it would be a bloody grind eliminating them unit by unit and there would be a lot of civilian casualties. This not something Harry has faced before, it has always been take out the bad guy and game over, or the battle is away from civilians, like Raith Deeps. A victory but NOT a clean victory is on the cards.

I actually think that is where Little Chicago will come into play, and Harry will need Bob, running the mopping up operation making decisions to save a Hospital or a suburb from Fomor action, when he doesn’t have the forces to do both.

Except in the middle of a battle it is kind of hard to run back to headquarters to consult little Chicago.   Also in Christmas Eve. when Mab tells Harry what the little ring does that she gave little Maggie, she says aside for the music it will give her "power" for a few hours, I assume it might be
something like making it snow.  However Harry asked her if that meant that little Maggie would have the power to turn his heart to ice?  Mab tells him nothing like that.. But why does he ask?  I am thinking Harry hopes that it would, thus he'd lose the power to feel emotion as in the original story by Hans Christian Anderson.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2020, 03:17:41 AM »
“Just out of curiosity,” I said, “is it going to be possible for her to freeze someone’s heart and turn them into an ice statue?”
Mab looked baffled. “Those are the powers in the motion picture. Should I have cheated her?”
I'm pretty sure he's being literal and just referencing the children's movie only.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2020, 03:26:12 AM »
I'm pretty sure he's being literal and just referencing the children's movie only.

Maybe, or he is in so much emotional pain that he would like to turn cold and unfeeling like little Kay..  I am talking the original story here not the movie.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2020, 04:57:54 AM »
I think he simply was afraid that Maggie hurts/kills someone by accident, playing with the ring.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2020, 10:05:51 AM »
I don’t think Harry’s Hat will survive Battle Ground.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2020, 03:25:22 PM »
I don’t think Harry’s Hat will survive Battle Ground.

It was a urban legend anyway... ::)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2020, 06:16:33 PM »
He has a crown of thorns now
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2020, 06:28:00 PM »
The hat will be hit so hard that it will be erased backwards through time, killing the hatmaker. That’s why people think it is an urban legend.

I wouldn't wear the Crown of Thorns, they make me think of thorn manacles for a god.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 06:29:58 PM by Conspiracy Theorist »

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2020, 08:28:20 PM »
The hat will be hit so hard that it will be erased backwards through time, killing the hatmaker. That’s why people think it is an urban legend.

I wouldn't wear the Crown of Thorns, they make me think of thorn manacles for a god.

They will also make you break out and leave a mark...

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2020, 09:20:17 PM »
Maybe, or he is in so much emotional pain that he would like to turn cold and unfeeling like little Kay..  I am talking the original story here not the movie.
I got you were talking about The Snow Queen. I just think your stretching here.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2020, 10:03:22 PM »
I got you were talking about The Snow Queen. I just think your stretching here.

Have you read the original?  The first bit about the mirror that was shattered? The bit where if even
a grain of this mirror managed to enter a person, it would turn his or her heart into unfeeling ice?  Yeah, it may be a stretch but the original tale is not even remotely like the Disney tale.  Given Harry's grief he may wish for a heart of unfeeling ice.  Hans Christian Anderson's fairy tales make
interesting reading, they have a lot of religious moralistic over tones, and often are a bit morbid..
Take "The Little Match Girl," a poor child is out in a snow storm selling matches, freezing to death, lights her matches in an effort to keep warm while having a vision of her Grandmother's house at Christmas, in the end they find her dead frozen to death with a smile on her face.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2020, 10:20:18 PM »
I think it's a stretch to say it's a reference to The Snow Queen instead of Frozen, that Harry's even familiar with the claim that Frozen is based on The Snow Queen, and/or that Harry's familiar with The Snow Queen.