Author Topic: Thomas “Contained” Question:  (Read 2309 times)

Offline SerScot

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Thomas “Contained” Question:
« on: July 23, 2020, 11:17:47 AM »
Could Demonreach keep holding Thomas’ Hunger Demon but release Thomas on Harry’s command?  The Island clearly has the power ro suppress the Hunger Demon while Thomas is in its custody.  Could the Demon remain contained while Thomas is freed?
"Maybe there will be a laundry emergency at the Carpenter house, and Harry shows up with detergent saying, 'I am Harry of the White Council. And I come back to you now at the turn of the TideTM.'" -  Vairelome 9/25/2011

Mab =/= Molly

Malcom =/= KotC

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas “Contained” Question:
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 12:21:24 PM »
Could Demonreach keep holding Thomas’ Hunger Demon but release Thomas on Harry’s command?  The Island clearly has the power ro suppress the Hunger Demon while Thomas is in its custody.  Could the Demon remain contained while Thomas is freed?

Most likely, but the question is how to separate it from Thomas without killing him.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 02:42:38 PM »
Mind you this is my WAG and feel free to think I'm nuts.  This is a two body problem.   One is Thomas the other is the child.  Butters will do the deed for the child. The child is an innocent having never killed.  The only evil is the demon.  Thomas has to repent and renounce the evil he has done.  And then Jim can put a stake through the heart of the demon.  It might be a product of his imprisonment in combination with the angel in the sword. It's also possible that the demon itself will be changed and Thomas will become like Susan, using the demon without letting it kill.  Pick your poison.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 03:14:23 PM »
Agree about the baby (if there is a baby). Not sure what will happen to Thomas. I just hope he lives (and my second wish is that he is not mad at Harry). Christmas Eve still terrifies me.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline SerScot

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2020, 09:48:59 PM »
Agree about the baby (if there is a baby). Not sure what will happen to Thomas. I just hope he lives (and my second wish is that he is not mad at Harry). Christmas Eve still terrifies me.

I think it should:

But in my heart, all I could see was blood on asphalt, and all I could feel were empty places inside me where people should have been.

Plural.

:(
"Maybe there will be a laundry emergency at the Carpenter house, and Harry shows up with detergent saying, 'I am Harry of the White Council. And I come back to you now at the turn of the TideTM.'" -  Vairelome 9/25/2011

Mab =/= Molly

Malcom =/= KotC

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2020, 10:43:31 PM »
It's a limited list of possibilities.Thomas is probably out for Battlegrounds, unless the English guy gets involved.  I think Ramirez may be the betrayer, he seems to be carrying a lot of anger at Molly.  Murphy may go to work for Vadderung after dying heroically.  We know the Carpenters seem to be intact and Molly, Mab and Kringle seem to be okay.

That leaves the Knights, the Werewolves, SI, Mac, Elaine, LTW, Eb,Rashid, Luccio, Justine and the baby, Lara, and Lea among the characters that have been more than fillers. And of course Will and Georgia.

My personal guesses are one Knight.  All of SI. Butter's girlfriends, Eb, LTW, and maybe Luccio.  Murphy gets a powerup and a Dresden bodyguard assignment and in a fit of irony gets to watch Harry grow old.  Will and Georgia make it out clean.  Now in two months I'll probably look like and idiot.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2020, 01:50:56 AM »
I think it should:

Plural.

:(

Even worse..."Six months was not a long time in which to say so many goodbyes".

So many, so there are more than 2, I am thinking probably 4 or 5 people.

I think all the young Wardens, Sanya (which bothers me for several reasons, one of them is that the "who will get the sword" contest are exhausting), Eb, LTW, Rashid...and perhaps Thomas. I agree about Murphy getting a power up, but I still could be wrong.
But I hope after all this book about saving him, Thomas survives. And Mister, of course.

I know Grey will be ok  :)

Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline SerScot

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2020, 02:43:19 AM »
I think Murphy may be offered a “power up”.  I suspect she will decline and go see her Dad.  :(

Mab =/= Molly

Malcom =/= KotC

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2020, 03:45:42 AM »
Thomas is clearly still contained by Christmas Eve, and Harry has no idea how to cure him, it’s Susan all over again.

However at this point I don’t think the Baby has been born, it’s birth may be the final piece for Harry to cure Thomas. The child was conceived at the point of True Love, that is inescapable, what if it’s hunger isn’t a demon, but a cupid? Sustained not by lifeforce, but by True Love, a constantly renewing source of energy. That may allow Harry to convert Thomas’ demon and Harry doesn’t have to use someone else’s lifeforce to revive him, which is the moral dilemma for Harry.

Blood on the asphalt does suggest multiple deaths of people he knows, if the theories as regards Mac are correct and he is Ethnui’s husband, yes him, as his narrative purpose is done.

Murphy yes, probably with a power up which comes at a price, if she goes Einenjhar her days would be numbered as she will finally die when Odin dies at Ragnarok/BAT the battle with the Outsiders, she is under a death sentence. Her absence at Christmas Eve, not unexpected, she is the new girl and has to wear the Elf costume, which she has no intention of wearing in front of Harry, ever.

I think either or both of Stallings or Rawlings will die with her, and at least one of the wardens, probably Yoshi who in her dying breath admits to Carlos she always had a thing for him and now wishes she could have consummated it with him frequently and lewdly. Carlos will die a virgin, but in about 3 centuries time. Steed will suffer the tremendous loss of a perfect suit, it will take him decades to get over such a profound bereavement. Wild Bill will probably die, to Carlos horror making exactly the same pronouncement to him as Yoshi.

I think Hendricks will buy it and go Einenjaren, he bought the beard specially for it in Peace Talks. Still keeps working for Marcone, and on his thesis.

I think Harry will have to take Eb down and inprison him. I think Listens And Martha will die robbing Harry of all of his support on the Senior Council except the GateKeeper.

The knights will survive, as will the Alpha’s. Rudy will survive but need a new clean pair of trousers, and an analyst or therapist or some combination of the two. Toot survives, his final form after a Darkhallow in the BAT is Galactus looking for the Discworld.

Fix buys it he has been superfluous since the last Summer Lady died. Marci becomes the new Summer Knight as Jim always describes her as wearing a summer dress (except once) and the Faerie Courts hiring pool is terribly small, seriously.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2020, 04:31:59 AM »
Murphy gets a powerup and a Dresden bodyguard assignment and in a fit of irony gets to watch Harry grow old.
I like the twist.

Offline mrbassman

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2020, 04:55:18 AM »
Just use the shroud mate. Throw it over his crystal like the tablecloth it is.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2020, 06:53:09 AM »
Thomas is clearly still contained by Christmas Eve, and Harry has no idea how to cure him, it’s Susan all over again.
Why "clearly"? I see nothing suggesting this. I mean, it can be, but no indication for that.
And I agree the baby is not born yet (unless whampires have a different pregnancy duration)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2020, 09:52:49 AM »
Because it is the most horrible thing Jim could do to Harry. In a multiverse of possibilities and Harry co-exists with Jim, if I were Jim I would be worried that one day Harry would turn up with a baseball bat, and go Snakeboy on his ass.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2020, 09:59:52 AM »
That is a very good answer
Missing you, Md 

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2020, 10:15:00 AM »

No power up for Murphy, at best it will be an ending like for Frodo..