Author Topic: Ramirez [Spoiler/WAG]  (Read 2530 times)

Offline Lord Kinbote

• Participant
    • View Profile
Ramirez [Spoiler/WAG]
« on: July 22, 2020, 01:07:53 AM »
Seems pretty obvious that Ramirez spent the night between the gatherings in the company of Lara. 

When Dresden goes to pick up Lara on the way to the second night's gathering, she said she had been "practicing diplomacy" and ate "a large meal."  At the gathering, Dresden immediately runs into Ramirez, who's hurt and complained of "tangling with the wrong monster" but in the line of duty "as it turned out."

So what's the head of security for the White Counsel and the real head of the White Court liasoning about?  Exactly who was Ramirez representing?  Doubtful Eb was in the loop, given how he feels about the White Court.  Or maybe his and Lara's extreme reactions at the end were the result of Dresden unknowingly screwing up some joint White Counsel/White Court plan or deal, or maybe their respective double cross of the other?  Or was Ramirez free lancing, working for a third party?

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Ramirez [Spoiler/WAG]
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 03:54:03 PM »
At the gathering, Dresden immediately runs into Ramirez, who's hurt and complained of "tangling with the wrong monster" but in the line of duty "as it turned out."
He was referring to the events of the short story Cold Case.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 06:03:23 PM »
Agreed, but Ramirez is a pretty and injured virgin (guaranteed no true love protection), attracting the attention of a Apex Sexual Predator.

After Battle Ground, who should Ramirez hook up with? All the endorphins and Adrenalin, it is inevitable that you will see some unlikely hookups. The current list of available ladies from Peace Talks includes:-

1. Lara
2. Evanna
3.Yoshino
4.Martha Liberty
5.Sigrun Gard
6.Freydis Gard

My money is on Martha Liberty

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 06:12:42 PM »
Agreed, but Ramirez is a pretty and injured virgin (guaranteed no true love protection), attracting the attention of a Apex Sexual Predator.

After Battle Ground, who should Ramirez hook up with? All the endorphins and Adrenalin, it is inevitable that you will see some unlikely hookups. The current list of available ladies from Peace Talks includes:-

1. Lara
2. Evanna
3.Yoshino
4.Martha Liberty
5.Sigrun Gard
6.Freydis Gard

My money is on Martha Liberty
Out of all these Freydis is the only halfway sane option if he can impress her.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2020, 07:34:50 PM »
I didn’t include Hope Carpenter on the list. They could hook up, but once he found out whose sister she is he would probably just curl up in a ball and cry uncontrollably for several days. Carlos doesn’t need that. Neither does Hope. Charity might approve though.

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2020, 09:08:10 PM »
I didn’t include Hope Carpenter on the list. They could hook up, but once he found out whose sister she is he would probably just curl up in a ball and cry uncontrollably for several days. Carlos doesn’t need that. Neither does Hope. Charity might approve though.
Of Hope's suitor curling up and crying after finding who her sister is?

Yeah :p

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2020, 09:31:44 PM »
I've always pictured him in my head with Elaine. But that would be tragic, too, because if the Elaine=Kumori and Cowl=Justin theory is correct...

Honestly, I don't see him happily ever after. Not everybody finds somebody. Just look around people you know. Friends, colleagues, neighbours, ... Some people never find the partner for life. For different reasons, and they are all different people. Some people found their partner and lost him/her again. Some love without being loved back.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2020, 10:02:33 PM »
Geez! Hope is a minor! (frankly, the moment about Harry commenting on her looks were very creepy, even when I love Harry)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Grifter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2020, 10:21:47 PM »
Geez! Hope is a minor! (frankly, the moment about Harry commenting on her looks were very creepy, even when I love Harry)
At what point do we start worrying about a 39/40 year old man mentally noting a 14/15 year old girl's "uncommonly generous" adolescence?  :o

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2020, 10:24:33 PM »
When we reach about 12 or 13 years, I believe. Perhaps even before.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2020, 03:12:31 AM »
Noticing a little girl you care about isn't a little girl anymore and is surrounded by boys when you were once a boy noticing all the little girls your age aren't little girls anymore is very disturbing because you know exactly what those boys are thinking.

That's how I read it because I've been through it. It's like my best friend's dad told us when we were kids. It's better to have a boy because when you have a boy, you only have worry about one peepee, when you have a girl, you have to worry about everybody's peepee. It's generally true from a dad's perspective. And yes, peepee is the word he used.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2020, 03:46:37 AM »
All your sins coming back to haunt you.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2020, 03:51:59 AM »
It is all in one with Carlos tremendous bad luck in love, he finally finds someone and has to wait years for her to achieve her majority, and gets Charity as a mother in law, and Molly as his sister -in law.

Harry is discovering new things about the dad thing all the time, and by the time Maggie is dating Harry is going to be the scariest thing on the planet. Good luck potential suitors.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2020, 04:33:12 AM »
All your sins coming back to haunt you.
And not just yours, but all your friends' too.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2020, 07:05:39 AM »
Noticing a little girl you care about isn't a little girl anymore and is surrounded by boys when you were once a boy noticing all the little girls your age aren't little girls anymore is very disturbing because you know exactly what those boys are thinking.

That's how I read it because I've been through it. It's like my best friend's dad told us when we were kids. It's better to have a boy because when you have a boy, you only have worry about one peepee, when you have a girl, you have to worry about everybody's peepee. It's generally true from a dad's perspective. And yes, peepee is the word he used.

Precisely. Now imagine that you are a little girl (like, for instance, li'l Dina, many moons ago). When you reach 12 or 13 years (or before, for some girls) you realize what many men of all ages are thinking. And then you begin to worry, what is exactly what Grifter asked. "When". I just answered him.
It is very creepy to know predators are watching you and that is what I mean with Harry's thoughts been creepy. It's like a gazelle taking a peep on a lion's mind.
Missing you, Md