Author Topic: Spoilers: Peace Talks: Cubs Curse  (Read 2519 times)

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Spoilers: Peace Talks: Cubs Curse
« on: July 20, 2020, 08:34:48 AM »
Soo a couple months back someone made a thread about how the Chicago Cubs were doing well for once and speculated why.

Well
[spoilers]
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 10:10:13 AM by Con »

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Spoilers: Peace Talks: Cubs Curse
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 09:52:35 AM »
This is the first of Harry’s friends to die in Peace Talks/Battlefield.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 02:54:25 AM »
To be fair to Cubs fans, he's not human.

Offline Grifter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 07:54:33 PM »
I do appreciate that timeline-wise, these PT/BG events occurred in either 2014 or 2015, and the Cubs then won in 2016. 

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 08:05:59 PM »
To be fair to Cubs fans, he's not human.
So what?
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2020, 08:26:09 PM »
It's not human sacrifice because Gwyn Ap Nudd isn't human. It's a joke in response to, what I can only assume is, a joke.

Gwyn Ap Nudd was probably my favorite character introduced in a side story. I would have liked to see more of him. It seems the Welsh can never get a fair shake. River Shoulders is the other contender.

Offline Vairelome

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2020, 11:23:52 PM »
This is the first of Harry’s friends to die in Peace Talks/Battlefield Ground.

Austri's death was announced earlier in terms of page count, but yeah, Gwyn ap Nudd probably got offed before that.

...Which raises the question, how long ago did Nudd get killed, and unless it was "on the way to the party," why didn't anyone else know?  And, now that I think of it, do Nudd's death and the attempt on Etri constitute a pattern?

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2020, 05:45:53 AM »
I mean as much as peoplle hate this word I think it applies. MANTLE!.

If it wasn't a mantle various legendary Fae and their titles would be dead already by now.

So whoever takes over the Tylwyth Teg, will probably get the Gwyn Ap Nudd mantle/title, but without the personal vendetta against the cubs.

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2020, 11:39:59 AM »
And, now that I think of it, do Nudd's death and the attempt on Etri constitute a pattern?

Gulp. That's a scary thought. Someone offing the leaders of unaligned Fae factions? The not-scary version is that the fomor are trying to absorb more groups into their collection of misfits and left-behinds. The scary version is that Titania is collecting strength for a big move against Mab, because she's been nemfected.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2020, 11:54:27 AM »
The Twyleth Teg are probably Wildfae, neither Summer nor Winter nor a member of the Accords. They are hereditary enemies of the Fomor, so this was a score settling, nothing more and the head a message “see our long term enemy who has thwarted us and kept us down for centuries, that’s his head that is, so when we say we can take you all, you better believe it”

Offline Vairelome

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2020, 06:10:39 PM »
The Twyleth Teg are probably Wildfae, neither Summer nor Winter nor a member of the Accords. They are hereditary enemies of the Fomor, so this was a score settling, nothing more and the head a message “see our long term enemy who has thwarted us and kept us down for centuries, that’s his head that is, so when we say we can take you all, you better believe it”

Agreed; my suggestion is that Nudd's death was claimed by the Fomor (and by extension, in theory, the Black Council/Outsiders), and this suggests a parallel to the assassination attempt on Etri (unless that was something more convoluted, which might break the parallel) being ultimately sourced in the Fomor/Black Council/Outsiders.

I'm not necessarily suggesting that Thomas is Nemfected; he was likely a patsy.  But his controller would have been connected to Team Outsider, as opposed to various other theories, like "Eb coerced Thomas into attacking Etri as an attempt to get rid of Thomas, in order to protect Harry."

(Something that cuts against the parallel is that I think Mab was aware of the attack on Etri either a bit before or immediately when it happened, but she seemed to be surprised by the death of Nudd.  It doesn't necessarily destroy the parallel, but I thought it was worth noting.)

...And now I have a new theory!  One of the other mysteries were "who controls the cops/FBI that were watching Justine."  ...Has anyone seen the Erlking recently?  Since, you know, two other heads of Wyldfae courts were just attacked, and one killed?

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2020, 10:44:16 PM »
Perhaps Harry should try summoning the Erlking to make sure he is safe. perhaps not.

Generally the Fomor are pressing the nations of the Accords because they are organised for mutual defence that is what the Black Council want to undo the Accords. The Fomor want Nudds head, the Black Council helped with Nudd and expect the Fomor now to help with the Accords. I think it is that simple.

Quite often there is more than one plot going on in a Dresden File Novel, this may be the case here.