Author Topic: occasional garble of buttons, links, reply-to text boxes  (Read 7202 times)

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
occasional garble of buttons, links, reply-to text boxes
« on: December 11, 2007, 06:38:35 PM »
I don't know whether there's a sensible answer to this beyond getting a more up to date browser (am using Mozilla 1.0.1) which would be unfortunate as I'm not in a workplace that allows that, but I've been having an intermittent problem, most often with long-ish threads, where beyond a specific point on a page, and on all subsequent pages, there will be some garbling of post titles, quote and modify buttons and so on when I mouse over them, and when I attempt to reply, all the buttons above the text window are garbled and some or all of the text in the text window, both mine and the post to which I am replying, will be invisible. 

I mention this now because I have an example; it appears to be consistently happening with page 4 of the "Reasoning behind political views" thread in the Touchy Topic forum, from the top, and also affecting page 5 of that thread.

It doesn't happen very often and I can come back to threads from home eventually anyway, so I'm not asking for this to be a high priority, but I thought it was worth mentioning.
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Re: occasional garble of buttons, links, reply-to text boxes
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 06:47:41 PM »
I *do* think that's a browser-based problem (does your workplace also allow MSIE?  How do the same threads look with that?), but I'll at least check out the thread you're talking about.  I'm on 2.0.0.11, so I'll at least be able to check if it's an "old vs. modern" problem.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 06:50:37 PM »
Looks like an old browser thing, man. :P
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 09:52:19 PM »
Looks like an old browser thing, man. :P

Well, darn. Thanks for looking so quickly.
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.