Author Topic: And Amoracchius goes to... [Peace Talks Spoilers, Battle Ground Speculation]  (Read 9121 times)

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
We know that Susan was incapable of picking up a Sword in DM.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
We know that Susan was incapable of picking up a Sword in DM.

Yes, and she was afraid when  Harry handed her the Sword of Love, it worked because she was there for the love of her child. 

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
I put this in another thread but I wondered if the lightsaber would be able to cut the demon inside Thomas (doubtful) or Justine's baby (more probable). If that would be the case perhaps Thomas will answer the call. But I don't think this is going to happen now so perhaps Marcone will take the sword for one night, to fight the Titan. And I believe Harry will tell the three Knights to hold their swords together. The light will probably weaken the Titan enough to allow Harry to place her in the Pokeball.
Another option is that Merlin himself takes the sword, out of love for Mab.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
I don't think Amoracchius is going to come into play at all in BG because Harry has it at Demonreach, but he doesn't retrieve it when he retrieve's the placard and "athame."

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Correct, besides we don’t see Amorrachus attached to the end of Harry’s staff on the cover of Battle Ground

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
I don't think Amoracchius is going to come into play at all in BG because Harry has it at Demonreach, but he doesn't retrieve it when he retrieve's the placard and "athame."

I don't think so either..  Now it may depend on how long Thomas stays out of the action.. It could be he stays where he is at until the BAT, then Harry frees him to take up the Sword.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
While I don't think this will come into play in BG, Thomas can likely wield Amoracchius. He picked it up in GP. It didn't burn him.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
While I don't think this will come into play in BG, Thomas can likely wield Amoracchius. He picked it up in GP. It didn't burn him.

True, though some would say the Sword allowed him to handle the it because he was rescuing it from custody by either Bianca or Mavra..   

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
I'm pretty sure some have argued that he can't touch it at all because it's the Sword of Love.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
I'm pretty sure some have argued that he can't touch it at all because it's the Sword of Love.

That too, however after the crap hit the fan, the only one in the hall that thought to save the Sword was Thomas.  Not even Michael thought about that, he was too busy trying to save Harry.  As we have learned recently, apparently there is an angel residing in the Nail in the hilt of the Sword, it would know what Thomas was trying to do.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
I may be wrong but I believe Thomas had it by the scabber, not touching the actual sword.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
I may be wrong but I believe Thomas had it by the scabber, not touching the actual sword.

He brought it back in a rifle case to be precise.  Somebody had to put it in the case though..

Offline Dina

• View Profile
Yes, but he could have grab it with something not with his bare hands.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
We now know there is an angel powering the blade, which knows what it is doing, this why some Knights serve foe decades and some for days and how the faithsabre can cut an anvil, or a monster but not Sanya.

It would permit Thomas to touch the sword, but would have been inactive, it detects the intention of the wielder and of any person or monster against whom it is wielded.

Things like wedding rings are purely passive, they hurt Whamps nothing to be done and mortals can’t control the True Love effect on a Whamp, only withdraw their touch but an angel can, the sword is not a passive wedding ring, nor a control less mortal.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Wasn't the sword weakened to the point where Mavra could swing it around without harm when Thomas retrieved it?
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.