Author Topic: Mac Kineely  (Read 4966 times)

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
Re: Mac Kineely
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2020, 07:19:55 PM »
Re: Hecate...

The six queens of fairy are all pieces of Hecate, with the bulk of the goddess's power vested in the Mothers. Hecate intact would be vastly greater than Mab alone.

Also, I think Hecate was a goddess, not a titan, though I'm not sure how formal the distinction is.
All titans were deities.  Titan is just a deity in the generation before the Olympians in Greek mythology.

Also, I wouldn't be confident that Hecate would be vastly greater than Mab alone.  There were more deities added to the pot before the six-way split.  The Fates were in there, and I think there's a strong argument for Demeter as well.
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill

Offline Grifter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2020, 07:28:44 PM »
Re: Hecate...

The six queens of fairy are all pieces of Hecate, with the bulk of the goddess's power vested in the Mothers. Hecate intact would be vastly greater than Mab alone.

Also, I think Hecate was a goddess, not a titan, though I'm not sure how formal the distinction is.
From the pedia of wiki
] Her earliest appearance in literature was in Hesiod's Theogony in the last third part of the 8th century BCE[4] as a Titan goddess of great honor with domains in sky, earth, and sea.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2020, 09:28:37 PM »
The MANTLES are parts of Hecate, only one of the mothers is the original I think all the rest have moved around, certainly the current Ladies, thanks to Dresden.

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2020, 09:36:50 PM »
Hecate being a Titan makes the point that while her power is still around, she isn't, or at least not as she was.  It seems that the only Titan left as she was is Ethniu.

Or we're arguing in the wrong direction, and she was just the last Titan born.  Seems unlikely, but hey, it's possible.
A new thought, what if Ethniu is the Last (Free) Titan?  The rest could have been eaten up into other mantles or locked up with Alfred.
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2020, 10:12:25 PM »
A new thought, what if Ethniu is the Last (Free) Titan?  The rest could have been eaten up into other mantles or locked up with Alfred.
I still like the idea that the whole "assault on Demonreach" near the end of Cold Days was (mostly) a cover-action for the underwater / stealth jailbreak by the Fomor of "the last Titan" who is their "Empress."

Some sort of major obscurement has kept Alfred from perceiving the single jailbroken cell under the lake.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2020, 10:37:05 PM »
I still like the idea that the whole "assault on Demonreach" near the end of Cold Days was (mostly) a cover-action for the underwater / stealth jailbreak by the Fomor of "the last Titan" who is their "Empress."

Some sort of major obscurement has kept Alfred from perceiving the single jailbroken cell under the lake.

I don't think that happened.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2020, 01:12:59 AM »
Yeah, Alfred knew who she was/what she was up to at the end of Peace Talks, I feel like he'd have reacted if she was a former guest of his.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2020, 09:32:14 AM »
If Mac is Ethnui’s husband, can that be used against the Titan? Turn the Battle into a domestic dispute? As a distraction.

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2020, 04:45:34 PM »
If Mac is Ethnui’s husband, can that be used against the Titan? Turn the Battle into a domestic dispute? As a distraction.

Or a way to lure her to the Island, or into a prepared circle...

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2020, 07:01:09 PM »
Or just to the lakeshore.

A thought if Mac is Mac Kineely, he had a magic cow that could produce miraculous quantities of milk. What if Mac goes home at night to the cow and slices off the steaks for the next days menu from the living cow which heals overnight, repeated day after day? After all, he knows how to keep an apron clean. Mac is known for his steaks, not his shakes.