Author Topic: Christmas Eve and Peace Talks theory (spoilers)  (Read 15869 times)

Offline Ineptwizard

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas Eve and Peace Talks theory (spoilers)
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2020, 09:53:30 AM »
Harry is dating Murphy yes, but he is also a guest in the Carpenter household where both he and Maggie can enjoy some much needed protection.  I just don't think Harry would bring his girl friend to live there too.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2020, 10:47:27 AM »
Harry is dating Murphy yes, but he is also a guest in the Carpenter household where both he and Maggie can enjoy some much needed protection.  I just don't think Harry would bring his girl friend to live there too.

But to weep like he did?  It could very well be Thomas,or Eb, but also Murphy, there is enough
foreshadowing it could be all three.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2020, 11:27:31 AM »
Not until they are married. ;D
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Grifter

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2020, 12:26:58 PM »
With the obvious sense I mean Murphy dead and a burial in the epilogue.

There is not time enough for a burial in the middle of battle ground.
Sure. An epilogue scene where they have a funeral for her post-battle, so Rudolph and IA can watch work suspicion from a distance. And Harry can mourn the budding relationship rather than Murphy.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2020, 01:06:44 PM »
Sure. An epilogue scene where they have a funeral for her post-battle, so Rudolph and IA can watch work suspicion from a distance. And Harry can mourn the budding relationship rather than Murphy.

Somehow I doubt that will happen.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2020, 01:20:55 PM »
  Somehow I doubt that will happen.
Of course. Karin will live. A marriage will be far more politically explosive than a funeral.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2020, 01:59:37 PM »
I'm sure others have speculated on this, but if the local politics stuff gets bad enough, she might have to fake her own death. The midst of a massive Titan attack on Chicago would be a pretty good place to pretend to die.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2020, 02:20:10 PM »
I can imagine Murphy having a full with honours cop funeral having died in combat leading SI and the CPD and even the National Guard against the invaders.

Given a certain red headed Valkyrie who has taken a fancy to her, I can’t see it sticking, and with the supernatural scene blown open in Chicago (as alluded to in Christmas Eve, thanks to the placard) she is hired from Monoc as Captain of a massively beefed up SI.

karrin chose the job over her previous two husbands, I can guess Harry can see the writing on the wall for a serious relationship with Karrin, when offered something like that (third time is not the charm)and they go back to where they were before.

Jim can have his cake and eat it, kill a character, but continue to use them, it’s fantasy, and if it was good enough for Tolkien and Lucas, it’s good enough for Jim. The great and the good of Chicago know about the supernatural, they just try very hard to ignore it (the Judge in Jury Duty) now they will have no option.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2020, 04:47:51 PM »
Or Harry uses the placard for a ressurection.  :D
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2020, 05:16:59 PM »
No I think that the placard announces things to the world, the grail is a purifier,  the Athame can injure and kill that normally not susceptible and the Shroud to heal and resurrect. The Crown of Thorns, makes me think of Thorn Manacles for a god.

Presuming Jesus was Nemfected (one third of the White god) the Crown of Thorns contained him, the Athame pierced his side releasing Nemesis, the grail neutralised it, the Shroud resurrected him and the Placard announced to the world he was healed, creating a narrative of the crucifixion which has lasted two millennia.

The three nails were also to contain Jesus on the Cross and generate the suffering which seems necessary to drive Nemesis out. It is posited in PT that the nails in the swords contain an angel, the five artifacts are an order of magnitude greater than them, so multiple angels, archangels or other powerful entities powering them? The Placard announced Christ as King of the Jews, the Swords are wielded by descendants of kings.

Harry I think is using the Athame in the battle, and the Placard after the battle to announce to at least Chicago that the Supernatural is out there in a way which cannot be dismissed. Alfred was somewhat non-pluses as to his choice of the placard. The line about what Harry did after the battle would suggest this, as would the line in PT that things are not going to be the same.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2020, 05:19:43 PM »
Of course. Karin will live. A marriage will be far more politically explosive than a funeral.

Perhaps... Or very dull..

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2020, 05:31:46 PM »
Perhaps... Or very dull..
No idea how Mab will react. They are officially married. And what monsters to invite. Skipping them will be as dangerous as inviting them.

SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2020, 07:22:05 PM »
A new place is filled by seniority as we have seen in summer knight. So a gerontocracy.
Not with Cristos. It's like the principle with American presidency that no one will run for more than two consecutive terms. Then FDR did. As a result, the Constitution was amended. The gerontocracy of the Senior Council is a rule until it isn't. And everyone gets a vote except when they don't. That describes just about every democracy I've ever heard of larger than what we would consider a small town.

Given a certain red headed Valkyrie who has taken a fancy to her, I can’t see it sticking, and with the supernatural scene blown open in Chicago (as alluded to in Christmas Eve, thanks to the placard) she is hired from Monoc as Captain of a massively beefed up SI.
Not if an angel of death is around.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2020, 07:36:43 PM »
Not with Cristos.
Not the oldest available but they only had to ask one other to decline so no fundamental breach.
It's like the principle with American presidency that no one will run for more than two consecutive terms. Then FDR did. As a result, the Constitution was amended.
Ignoring the seven laws there is no constitution. Only a bunch of flexible traditions.
The gerontocracy of the Senior Council is a rule until it isn't. And everyone gets a vote except when they don't. That describes just about every democracy I've ever heard of larger than what we would consider a small town.
In a real democracy the people or their elected representatives can propose laws an vote for them on their own initiative. They are the ultimate power not a bunch of gerontocrats.

Everyone gets a vote is not enough to make a democracy. It is also about what is done with that vote.

SH[Elaine+++]

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2020, 07:46:16 PM »
No I think that the placard announces things to the world...

Is that just speculation, or is there some information out there on that?

I was thinking the placard might have something to do with Naming -- either summoning the being whose name or title is written on it, or perhaps binding a multi-mantle individual into one of her aspects.