Author Topic: Rashid's Eye  (Read 3931 times)

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Rashid's Eye
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2020, 02:22:25 AM »
Jim is an active RPG gamer.
Vecna is a longtime element of D&D, going back to the late 70's (almost certainly before Jim got into gaming).

I mean... my "Vecna" remark was throwaway snark, honestly.  I expect Rashid's eye is more mythic/fairytale in origin than it is D&D in origin.

... But ...

Well, that's true. I just don't think he would so blatantly rip off another body of work. But in saying that he may well have been inspired. Vecna's ascencion is very similar to the Cowl's possible ascension.

Avernite - I always thought the Graiai were just another one of the Mother's mantles myself. But who knows?

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Rashid's Eye
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2020, 03:34:06 PM »
Well, that's true. I just don't think he would so blatantly rip off another body of work. But in saying that he may well have been inspired. Vecna's ascencion is very similar to the Cowl's possible ascension.

Avernite - I always thought the Graiai were just another one of the Mother's mantles myself. But who knows?
Oh, I think so too, now - but the question to me is more, did the Graiai start out as such, or were they slaughtered on the Stone Table to absorb the power/mantle into the Queens and/or their precursors?