Author Topic: Weird? Pretty much.  (Read 250221 times)

Online Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Weird? Pretty much.
« Reply #1440 on: February 21, 2022, 09:25:06 PM »
*glomps DC*

Edited: I have to leave because I have a Zoom meeting, but I hope you are doing very well, DC. ((((((((((DC))))))))))))
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 09:45:37 PM by Dina »
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Online Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: February 24, 2022, 09:26:53 PM »
Hello everyone!

I had the funniest dream tonight. I went to a bookstore and I saw a new Jim Butcher book! (not 12 months or whatever is called. I do not remember the name now in my dream I read the title without problems and it was nothing I was expecting). Surprised, I engaged in a conversation with the book-seller, and he told me that it was an unexpected book that Jim had written during the pandemics high restrictions, and that it was not a Dresden file in itself but it was in the Dresden universe. It was about some bounty hunters who had been hired to find an undisclosed supernatural threat. But (and this was the funniest thing of the dream) those bounty hunters were the Coltons. For those unfamiliar with them, the Coltons were a bounty hunter family appearing in a couple of episodes of MacGyver, both the old show and the reboot.  :D. But in my dream, it was totally normal and unsurprising that the Coltons were searching for supernatural entities in the Dresdenverse  :D :D :D

There were more details in my dream, like there was a prologue by JB called "I know" that basically said "I know you are expecting more Dresden stories but with the pandemics i had no energy for a full story, but I wanted to give something to my readers to help them with the isolation" and another prologue by the publisher that it was entitled "we know" which said "we know it took us too long to publish this and restrictions are mostly over but we did what we could". I read quickly parts of those prologues in the store itself before buying the book and leaving so happily!

A lovely dream.

On real life, on Tuesday I went to my job for the first time in two years. Commuting was awful, but the rest was all right. I wish I could be a house wife or work at distance, I loved being at home these years. But sadly we cannot afford to live with only hubby's salary.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: February 26, 2022, 11:30:29 AM »
What a nice and vivid dream :D we have a saying here that goes: The hungry one dreams of the bakery.
And to think that MY most recent vivid dream was about waking up at 9, and completely missing my exam which started at 8, my future is destroyed. Then I woke up for real, and it's 5 o'clock as usual and my last exam was 11 years ago. Lol
How long is your commute?
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Online Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: February 27, 2022, 11:59:33 AM »
LOL, I had those dreams about exams too, but not since many years ago.
I had a dream yesterday, something about socks (which made sense, in real life I had been searching for my lilac socks until I've found them in the laundry bag.) and high heels (which I had not idea where that came from. I had not used high heels in several years). These dreams are happening because my sleep schedule is a mess, with the coming back to normal work and other things. Also, the weather has been unconsistent, with heat alternating with cool hours, so sometimes I got up in the middle of the night due to feeling cold or too warm.

My commute is almost one hour and a half  :'(
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: March 02, 2022, 06:01:45 PM »
Ouch. I feel your pain Dina. Well, looking on the bright side, you'll have plenty of time for music and light reading :D

Online Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: March 04, 2022, 11:41:01 PM »
I agree. This week I only went a day at my job anyways (Monday and Tuesday were holiday due to carnaval, and on Wednesday there was a teacher's meeting, that was via zoom, so I needed to stay at home anyways. Yesterday, I went to my job. We prepare several reagents and other things that we would need for work and, for reasons not worthy to explain here, there would make no sense to go today. So, I stayed at home and did computer work. Monday I have another zoom meeting, so I think I will be back on Tuesday.
So far, I've been mostly watching the city while commuting, noting the changes in places I had not seen in two years. But next time I will take my kindle with me.

In other topics, my "new" computer is doing well, and I am slowly getting better at writing in it.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: March 05, 2022, 10:52:08 AM »
One day a week isn't bad. Did you see about getting a new chassis for your old one?
okay, so Puppy surprised the hell out of me by being pregnant. I thought I managed to isolate her early enough, but apparently not. She had 9 puppies, out of 3 fathers. When did it happen? I'm a little pissed because she's too young and this will stunt her growth a little. Anyway, 7 of the puppies survived. 6 males and one female. I gave 4 males to some people who wanted them, and I kept the fiercest 2 males and the female for myself, as my dogs are getting a little old now, and they'll need the youngsters to help them guard the farm.
I named them Pluto (very big), Olive(she's actually olive green in color, and completes my Popeye characters :D ) and Tesla. (he managed to electrocute himself twice in one month).

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: March 05, 2022, 03:37:04 PM »
LOL!!!!! Tesla !!!!!!! You made my day!

I have been visiting here sometimes, but until now there never was enough time to answer.

When I commuted via train or bus I always had a book with me. These days I go by car, because I need to be home for the kids in time and because it is actually less expensive with my current work ours, lol. Even with my old car (RIP).
By train my commute would be about 45 min to 1 hour, depending on how long I would have to wait for the tram to my workplace. Mostly longer on my way home, because the trains go less frequently than the trams. By car I am there in between 15-35 minutes depending on the time I have to start.

Interesting dream, Dina. Usually you can't read in a dream. That's how you know you are dreaming, but this was weird. Or did you really read the "I know" or was it like you just knew what was written there as some sort of dream intellectus?
Lol. Dream intellectus. I admit I'm a bit proud of that one. ;)
But I think it fits, doesn't it? In a dream you just know things, no explanation.
Sadly I can't remember any dream for I don't know how long.

Online Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: March 05, 2022, 08:13:59 PM »
Fcrate, sorry about your puppy growing, but it is nice that 7 puppies survived. I am sure they are so cute. I liked the names, especially Tesla, which is amazing  :)

Regen, I take my kindle because it is lighter and I can take many books at the same time, but as I've said, I have not taken it yet.

The thing about reading in dreams...for me it is complicated. I've heard millions of times the "you can't read in dreams" thing but the case is I am pretty sure I have done it many times. I always think I must be retconning that in my mind, but to be honest, my gut tells me I just say that to accomodate what I believe is true, but my gut tells me I actually read. In this specific dream, I remember reading the "I know". Instead, the rest of the text is a blur that I am sure I did not actually read. It was Dream intellectus  :)  (loved it!)
Another thing with the dreams is the colors, I know you are supposed to dream in black and white and your brain adds the colors later, when you try to remember the dream. But sometimes the color is so prevalent in the dream, that I am not sure about that either.
So, I believe I've actually read the "I know" but you are free to not to believe me. I won't be offended.

Ah, Frate, no, I had no chance to do that yet.
"
'
Missing you, Md 

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: March 05, 2022, 08:24:57 PM »
Corona. I have visited the office only four or five times since it began. It is only 16km from home so I usually take my bike. There is a bus connection but that does not save me time.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Online Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: March 05, 2022, 08:41:15 PM »
Well, at least I do not feel the only one  :)

The plan is not to go everyday, only when I truly need to do laboratory work. And of course when I have to teach, but that won't be happening until April (and even then, we will have a few virtual classes).
Missing you, Md 

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: March 05, 2022, 09:49:50 PM »
This is the first time I have heard that you cannot read in dreams. I have had a few dreams where I read something, but that was long ago and I never stopped to analyze it. About the colors, I think I only recall one dream that was in full color, but that was a nightmare which I had at 13, and it happened on the street where my school was. I usually get them Black and white, with certain objects highlighted in color (like Sin City, did you watch it?) so there.
I got lucky with Tesla's name, it just jumped at me :D
It's no problem, Dina. Puppy will be one year old in 4 days. Think of her as a teen-age mother. With "almost" none of the problems that happen with humans. Lol

@Regen: Intellectus :D :D

Online Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: March 05, 2022, 09:53:16 PM »
I agree about the Sin City dreams (of course I watched it). I remember several dreams like that.

Glad to hear about puppy.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: March 06, 2022, 05:28:14 PM »
I never dream in black and white. It's always in colour.

Online Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: March 16, 2022, 10:30:25 PM »
I am not really sure but sometimes I know it is like Sin City.
How is everyone doing? I am fine. Hubby began working at his office this week. And I am going to my work on Monday. Next week I think I am going two days. So yes, still taking things slowly (even when at home I've been working a lot)

On a side note, yesterday I watched one of the recording of my classes (one I taught in 2020, at the beginning of the pandemics) I never watch my classes, at least not a large part, like I did this time. And you know what? It was not half bad! I am surprised and happy  :)
Missing you, Md