Author Topic: Peace Talks Trailer.  (Read 15670 times)

Offline AClone

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Peace Talks Trailer.
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2020, 08:47:51 PM »
I'm afraid that I'm going to have to make a couple of posts to add a few relevant thoughts...
Heres my take, and I think they played with the ordering in the trailer a bit to make people think
(click to show/hide)
Please pardon me doing some trimming. But I'm not sure of one of Marcone's people actually died or not, we just know that he appears to be the offended party. And that simply could be because he is the official host.

What we do know is that "blood has been spilled", which we saw as a Very Bad Thing when Mab has decided that everyone should play nice--and it's her Accords.

Matter of fact, the "blood spilled" may only be Thomas's--because he clearly got his backside kicked, whatever it was that he tried. Though it does appear (and that may be the key word, because...Jim) that Thomas was attempting to kill someone. If that was Marcone, I think we can guess who handed out the beating.

Scene 4:
(click to show/hide)
Not necessarily people who got the invite, just the ones the trailer had the budget to display.

For the rest, I'll simply refer to Chapter One.

Scene 6:
(click to show/hide)
People are drawing some odd conclusions from this scene. It's not as if Harry hasn't gotten dressed for a formal occasion off in a room with someone else before.

Scene 9:
(click to show/hide)
Just to play Devil's Advocate, how do you know that isn't Goodman Grey? Or, remember the Skin Game trailer, where Harry was fooling around with Murphy? We all know how that one turned out.

Scene 11:
(click to show/hide)
What I see is Molly reaching out to touch an invisible barrier (though perhaps commentary said more elsewhere). White Council Security--specifically Carlos, IIRC, has been known to put those up around meeting places before. If Molly is unable to get through, it would be one way for Jim to exclude one of Harry's (now) most powerful allies at a time when he needs all the help he can get. Much the way that Mouse is usually now sidelined with Maggie duties.
Scene 12:
(click to show/hide)
The gravelly voice makes me think Mr. Ferro. (sp?)

Scene 13:
(click to show/hide)
After he snaked his way down a narrow space (ventilation shaft?) to get to Thomas--and his tuxedo pants got caught on something on the way?

Scene 17:
(click to show/hide)
Remember that in the Skin Game trailer, the production was limited by budget to "similar" settings, some of which were pretty distant from the actual setting. I think the point here was just to show Harry squirming down somewhere singing the Spiderman theme.

Spoiler Battlegrounds Description:
(click to show/hide)

I found myself wondering. If the naagloshii were the small fry imprisoned on Demonreach, where a Titan would fit in the pecking order of the powers that are entombed in crystal there.

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2020, 09:17:07 PM »
Wait, how do we know Evanna is a Svartelf? Did I miss something?

We found that out in the Q&A video that Priscilla did with Jim.  Priscilla named most of the people and not people sitting and standing around Mab at the opening of the talks which we see in the trailer.  Actually, the photo at Jim's website is better quality.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2020, 09:31:33 PM »

Yeah, about Thomas, he usually doesn't get his ass kicked.  The last being to do that if I remember correctly was Shaggynasty... 

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2020, 09:54:59 PM »
And Harry  :)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline AClone

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2020, 12:49:14 AM »

Yeah, about Thomas, he usually doesn't get his ass kicked.  The last being to do that if I remember correctly was Shaggynasty...

In one of the Bigfoot stories, Harry is extremely wary of a svartalf posing as a gym coach. So I think we have a likely answer here for the likely culprit.

Given his "hosts", I'm guessing the cage Thomas is in may prevent him from regenerating. Either that, or he's completely out of gas.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2020, 03:33:01 AM »
I found myself wondering. If the naagloshii were the small fry imprisoned on Demonreach, where a Titan would fit in the pecking order of the powers that are entombed in crystal there.

A Titan wouldn't be in crystal, that is for smaller fry, a Titan would warrant one of the cells deeper down in the tunnel.
Given his "hosts", I'm guessing the cage Thomas is in may prevent him from regenerating. Either that, or he's completely out of gas.
Thomas cannot just regenerate, he needs to feed to do that.  So unless that happens he will suffer and even die like any vanilla human.

Offline didymos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2020, 03:40:46 AM »
Thomas cannot just regenerate, he needs to feed to do that.  So unless that happens he will suffer and even die like any vanilla human.

He can. He just has to have gas in the tank, so to speak.

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2020, 03:52:55 AM »
Agreed, Didymos.

And a Titan could be in those crystals. It seems that is the cell for each thing. Some of those were as big as buildings, if I recall.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2020, 03:44:05 PM »
He can. He just has to have gas in the tank, so to speak.

No, if he is injured bad enough, he has to feed to heal and survive.   That is how the skinwalker got him to kill over and over again, tortured him to the point of death, bring on another young girl.   

Offline didymos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2020, 03:51:59 PM »
  No, if he is injured bad enough, he has to feed to heal and survive.   That is how the skinwalker got him to kill over and over again, tortured him to the point of death, bring on another young girl.

Yes, if he is injured bad enough. But they can heal injuries. Lara did it during the naagloshii attack:

Her forearm had received a compound fracture. I could see bone poking out through the flesh. But over the next few seconds, the flesh seemed to ripple and become more malleable. The bone withdrew, vanishing beneath the skin of her arm—even the hole that the bone had torn in the skin sealed slowly closed, and in ten seconds I couldn’t even tell she’d been hurt.

Butcher, Jim. Turn Coat (The Dresden Files, Book 11) (pp. 239-240). Penguin Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2020, 04:28:45 PM »
Yes, if he is injured bad enough. But they can heal injuries. Lara did it during the naagloshii attack:

However Lara also keeps more topped off so to speak.  Also have to go back to see whether or not she had already fed upon the more critically wounded.  Now that he is with Justine, especially since she is pregnant, Thomas might be back to nibbling, just enough to keep him going, but not enough to heal if he is really hurt.

Offline AClone

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2020, 03:35:34 AM »
A Titan wouldn't be in crystal, that is for smaller fry, a Titan would warrant one of the cells deeper down in the tunnel.Thomas cannot just regenerate, he needs to feed to do that.  So unless that happens he will suffer and even die like any vanilla human.
A. The "cells further down the tunnel" are crystal covered--and the size of buildings.

B. Harry had the impression that something was "off" about Thomas. As in, he was Hungry. It seemed implicit to me that if Justine was pregnant and the bab was feeding off of her, Thomas was not feeding. Off of Justine or anyone else. Not even nibbling.

Thus if he got in a fight, he would be able to regenerate until his reserves were empty. In this case, he might have regenerated as much as possible--and the fight kept going, and he got beaten up even more.

Alternately, I suppose that after the fight was over, he had just enough "left in the tank" to heal critical internal injuries and keep himself from dying. Which still left him looking like hamburger.

And unable to feed.

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2020, 09:38:27 PM »
However Lara also keeps more topped off so to speak.  Also have to go back to see whether or not she had already fed upon the more critically wounded. Now that he is with Justine, especially since she is pregnant, Thomas might be back to nibbling, just enough to keep him going, but not enough to heal if he is really hurt.

She did, almost immediately after the attack.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2020, 09:17:00 PM »
Jim in 2012:
The Titans got their asses handed to them by Zeus and company, and were imprisoned, destroyed, or consigned to oblivion. How do you imprison a Titan? Funny you should ask…
Seeing as the imprisonment of Titans is being discussed, I figured I'd just leave this here.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2020, 11:56:38 PM »
Jim in 2012:
The Titans got their asses handed to them by Zeus and company, and were imprisoned, destroyed, or consigned to oblivion. How do you imprison a Titan? Funny you should ask…
Seeing as the imprisonment of Titans is being discussed, I figured I'd just leave this here.

"Imprisoned, destroyed, or consigned to oblivion" ...

OK, we've got the Oblivion War for that last one.  And Backup came out in '08, so this '12 wasn't laying that particular Easter Egg (for fans to rediscover), though I suppose that it's "news:"  just the FACT that some Titans were so bad, they were Oblivion-War targets ...

If they were destroyed way-back-when the ol' Greek gods were ramping up, those ones are gone.  Though "death is a grey zone," in the Dresdenverse, so... maybe not as "gone" as one might think?  But he said "destroyed" not "killed," so I suspect they're really gone.

Which leaves Harry the Warden of Demonreach, presumably relevant to that whole "imprisonment" thing.   ;D

And it leaves this "Last Titan..."

Is she returned from the edges of Oblivion?  That would make her one of the more horrific entities...

Was she escaped from imprisonment?  There was an AWFUL lot of in-the-water action at the end of Cold Days, that Harry never saw... maybe breaching the entirety of Demonreach wasn't the primary goal!  If the Fomor were standing by, underwater, with massive amounts of their Entropy Magic, they might have been able to jailbreak one prisoner ...