Author Topic: Peace Talks snippet on Entertainment Weekly  (Read 23745 times)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
Re: Peace Talks snippet on Entertainment Weekly
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2020, 05:09:57 AM »
Probably.

But I do not think Harry told anyone in the council anything about it so Ebenezar might know more about Margaret’s purpose with Harry than Harry himself but Harry probably kept his experience with outsiders to himself.

Wizards are extremely secretive and Harry has good reasons to keep these things for himself.

However Eb did soul gaze Harry, given that and their blood relationship, he may have found out
about his battle with HWWB.  So it may not be a secret to Eb.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2020, 05:34:24 AM »
The most telling bit to me is where some of the SC are talking to Eb about Harry (right in front of his face) saying, "you know what he was supposed to be," which -- from a SC member -- speaks to something deeper than "DuMorne's enThralled Thug," i.e. a Starborn under BadGuy control, someone they could use as more leverage against Outsiders.

And the "You know ... " Says to me that this is info the whole SC possesses.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 05:36:53 AM by g33k »

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2020, 06:09:37 AM »
However Eb did soul gaze Harry, given that and their blood relationship, he may have found out
about his battle with HWWB.  So it may not be a secret to Eb.
You don't get that kind of detail with a soulgaze. You get what kind of person Harry was in some symbolic manner not a detailed history and Harry did not know HWWB was an outsider at that time, only scary demon.

WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2020, 06:11:55 AM »
But HWWB left a scar in him. Something that, I believe, could be seen in a soulgaze. And perhaps Eb knows its meaning.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2020, 08:33:30 AM »
But HWWB left a scar in him. Something that, I believe, could be seen in a soulgaze. And perhaps Eb knows its meaning.
Perhaps. You never really know what you get with a soulgaze. But I do not think HWWB really defined who Harry is.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2020, 10:52:16 AM »
A random guy doing Three Eye could see it in Storm Front.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2020, 12:47:28 PM »

Exactly, and Eb is an experienced wizard, the Blackstaff, he has seen a lot in his over two hundred years.  If the battle was in the gaze at all, he saw it.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2020, 04:00:44 PM »
He saw something scary but Harry as a potential warlock is scary enough.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2020, 06:08:08 PM »
He saw something scary but Harry as a potential warlock is scary enough.

Yeah, but the junkie named him by name, He Who Walks Behind and said he was following Harry.

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2020, 07:03:51 PM »
The fact that Eb wrote in his journal that Harry was one of a few Wizards he'd trust to the job of Warden, would seem to suggest he knows Harry can fight Outsiders.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2020, 10:15:21 PM »
And the "You know ... " Says to me that this is info the whole SC possesses.
I figure it's either something from his trial or something only a faction of the SC knows. But that's just my guess.

There is a WoJ that the SC's collective knowledge covers everything about Harry. I don't recall if the WoJ was limited to Harry's past or not, but I think it was. Therefore, someone on the SC knows Harry is a starborn, and someone knows about his fight with HWWB. Those someones just might not be Eb or even the same person.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2020, 10:45:52 PM »
I figure it's either something from his trial or something only a faction of the SC knows. But that's just my guess.

There is a WoJ that the SC's collective knowledge covers everything about Harry. I don't recall if the WoJ was limited to Harry's past or not, but I think it was. Therefore, someone on the SC knows Harry is a starborn, and someone knows about his fight with HWWB. Those someones just might not be Eb or even the same person.
And more importantly they do not put their knowledge together. Everyones knowledge is fragmented and that means they all can go for seriously wrong conclusions. Obviously when it brings problems for Harry most.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2020, 01:22:10 AM »
Well if Eb dies in Peace Talks, Harry gets his journals.  That should prove interesting.  And they go back to the original Merlin.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2020, 02:19:32 AM »
Well if Eb dies in Peace Talks, Harry gets his journals.  That should prove interesting.  And they go back to the original Merlin.
They are probably written in old welsh so good luck reading them.

https://faculty.arts.ubc.ca/sechard/492godo.htm

SH[Elaine+++]

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2020, 03:13:15 AM »
Super talking head Bonea should be able to read anything Lash could have.  But we already know that at least part of Eb's should be in English since Harry caught a glimpse in Turn Coat.  Which could  answer the central question, what did Eb know about Harry? If you  want to go all tin hat all the time, one future power of Harry's mantle may be like Toots ability to know languages.  Jim has foreshadowed all these possibilities, one would assume he did so for a reason.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 05:52:55 PM by morriswalters »