Author Topic: Denarians and/or Circle in Storm Front?  (Read 13904 times)

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Denarians and/or Circle in Storm Front?
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2020, 12:39:25 AM »
By "here" I meant "for the purposes of this (Jim's) statement." Part of the reason I'm assuming that is the first sentence; "one of the markers ... far from the only one."

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2020, 01:54:30 PM »
TYVM!  Provisionally, then, I guess a Soulgaze is a specific form of "the Sight."  I say "provisional" because it's early enough in the series to be Early Installment Weirdness (and as I noted, Sight-vs-Soulgaze have some notable differences); but then, it hasn't AFAIK been explicitly contradicted, so I'll go with that.

I think we have to be careful trying to lump soul gazes, Wizard's Sight, and the precognitive Sight
that a wizard sometimes experiences as he matures together.  It gets into comparing apples with oranges, while yes, both are fruit that grow on trees, they are also totally different from one another.

Online g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2020, 05:01:22 PM »
I think we have to be careful trying to lump soul gazes, Wizard's Sight, and the precognitive Sight that a wizard sometimes experiences as he matures together ...
I am inclined to agree; but up above, Bad Alias came up with a quote that explicitly said a Soulgaze was another form of the Sight.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2020, 07:12:03 PM »
I am inclined to agree; but up above, Bad Alias came up with a quote that explicitly said a Soulgaze was another form of the Sight.

Apples,oranges, and tomatoes are all fruit, however they are very different from one another.
I can go along with the Soulgaze, the Wizard's Sight, and the precognitive Sight, are all wizard sight, but like fruit one is very different from the other. 

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2020, 03:35:54 AM »
I can do a lot of different things with a hand. It doesn't mean I have a lot of different hands. The books refer to it as the Sight. They don't refer it as to a bunch of different things like "Future Sight," "Soul Sight," and "Regular Sight."

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2020, 11:44:24 AM »
I can do a lot of different things with a hand. It doesn't mean I have a lot of different hands. The books refer to it as the Sight. They don't refer it as to a bunch of different things like "Future Sight," "Soul Sight," and "Regular Sight."

Yeah, and if you practiced from youth you can do as much with your toes as your fingers...  Actually it should be classified the way you suggest because while all wizard have a mental ability
called "the Sight,"  there are different aspects of it and they are very different from one another.