Author Topic: Baba Yaga and Baba Vasilisa  (Read 2517 times)

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
Baba Yaga and Baba Vasilisa
« on: September 23, 2019, 12:45:16 AM »
Are Mother Winter and Mother Summer, respectively.

Except Simon met with Baba Yaga several times, and she offered him power and knowledge and he refused, and did not choose to be her servitor. He also was certain she was NOT fae. We have a WOJ saying that Mother Winter is, for all intents and purposes, Baba Yaga. So we have a contradiction.

My belief is that Baba Yaga and Mother Winter, and Baba Vasilisa and Mother Summer, are mantles. What is underneath and wearing them is harder to say.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Baba Yaga and Baba Vasilisa
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 01:16:14 AM »
... Simon met with Baba Yaga several times, and she offered him power and knowledge and he refused, and did not choose to be her servitor. He also was certain she was NOT fae...

I seem to be misremembering.
Where is this, please?

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 01:25:10 AM »
This is sourced from the Paranet Papers? I haven't read it, but if Simon's reason for being certain Baba Yaga isn't fae is that she's not bothered by iron, one could draw the wrong conclusion if not aware that Mother Winter is, apparently uniquely among the Fae, not bothered by iron.

I'd put it down to Baba Yaga being one mantle of her many that she can switch between at will. I mean, if you met Vadderung in the middle of his stainless steel office, you'd be pretty convinced he's not fae either. But on December 25'th and any other time he chooses to be...

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 04:16:43 AM »
SK - Yes it is from the Paranet Papers. This was my conclusion too. A gap in Simon's knowledge.

Also interesting that Vadderung made his entire office unsuitable to the Fae...