Author Topic: Fomor in [u]Skin Game[/u]  (Read 8692 times)

Offline SerScot

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Fomor in [u]Skin Game[/u]
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2019, 05:48:48 PM »
Another series I’ve read associate “the Fomor” with the “Old Gods” of the Cthulu mythos.  Perhaps that might indicate a link between the Fomor and the Outsiders?
"Maybe there will be a laundry emergency at the Carpenter house, and Harry shows up with detergent saying, 'I am Harry of the White Council. And I come back to you now at the turn of the TideTM.'" -  Vairelome 9/25/2011

Mab =/= Molly

Malcom =/= KotC

Offline Gman

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2019, 09:16:51 AM »
Hmmm.   It may be something other than sheer arrogance.  Because the Turtlenecks seem very happy to use modern weapons, and very competent in doing so.  I presume they are following orders of those higher-ups.  This speaks to the bosses having a good idea what the modern mortal weapons ARE capable of.

Also, those boss-monsters seem to be deep-water / oceanic sorts by preference, which gives them a fastness to retreat which is IN the mortal realm, but not terribly vulnerable to mortal attacks...

Last but not least, the Fomor don't have that special Fae weakness to iron (or any other mortal / modern / tech advantage Our Sort is looking able to bring to the fight).

I agree they're acting aggressive and arrogant; but then again, it looks like arrogance vs everyone, not just mortals...  And I'm really unclear why the guys who LOST the last war are now so (over?)confident.

I think the Fomor believe they have new allies such as the Outsiders or minions of the Outsiders. Some of the Fomor leadership may have Nemesis possessing them. Look how arrogant the Red Court got and how both Summer and Winter have had some key people taken over by Nemesis.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2019, 10:14:34 AM »
I agree they're acting aggressive and arrogant; but then again, it looks like arrogance vs everyone, not just mortals...  And I'm really unclear why the guys who LOST the last war are now so (over?)confident.

I mean if I was simultaneously shitting all over the White Council, Faerie Courts, and White Court without even a hint of reprisal then I'd probably be uppity too.

Really the strange part isn't that they're arrogant, it's that they for some reason felt the need to hold back until the Red Court was gone despite being apparently the strongest members of the Accords.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2019, 01:18:51 PM »
To date the Formor we have seen in the text remind me more of the gang that couldn't shoot straight, rather than some kind of existential threat.  Their confidence is more of the, I haven't been spanked lately, rather than we are here to kick ass and take names.  The Reds are gone, the White Court took some serious losses in White Knight and Winter is just now back up to speed after a long period of weakness.  And the White Council was put on its heels by the war and internal strife.  This equals power vacuum grade 1. 

What we have seen is, in a sense, is what happens when you turn the lights off in the kitchen and the roaches come out.  Which isn't to say that there aren't Formor who are scarier than the ones we have seen to date.  Maybe the Formor we have seen so far are stalking goats sent to test the mettle of the players.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2019, 04:09:31 PM »
Another thing is that Chicago is a backwater in the Fomor's fight. There are big fights in Europe. The White Council is tied down fighting the Fomor and can't make it out to Chicago, let alone small cities, where I guess small is anything less than the third largest city in the third largest country. The Fomor are probably not sending they're top people to Chicago. Now that they Chicago has Harry and the peace talks, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw the Fomor a-team show up.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2019, 10:10:58 PM »
I think the Fomor believe they have new allies such as the Outsiders or minions of the Outsiders. Some of the Fomor leadership may have Nemesis possessing them.

Their uniting purpose is payback, and Nemesis in the Greek pantheon was the goddess of vengeance. I wouldn't be at all surprised if their Empress is a willing Nemesis host.

Offline 123Chikadee

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2019, 09:34:06 PM »
@Snark Knight: It would be cool if the reason that the Nemesis got its name from infecting the Greek goddess of vengeance way back when. That'd be pretty cool.
@Bad Alias: I hope so, b/c to be honest, I haven't been too impressed with the Fomor so far. I think it's b/c they just haven't been on-screen enough and when they have, they get beat back fairly well. 

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2019, 07:19:33 PM »
The Fomor could be a threat if they are incompetent. They could have overwhelming numbers. That's always a way of being a threat without being "better."

Offline 123Chikadee

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2019, 11:43:57 PM »
Well, true enough. It's just a personal preference for me. I'm just hoping for something other than numbers since they've been getting built up.