Author Topic: 22 Case Files and BAT  (Read 7021 times)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: 22 Case Files and BAT
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2020, 08:30:01 AM »
Sorry for a late response. It's been such a long time since I have read an Astérix. I Use to look at those when I was a kid. They made a few movies out of those the second one «Mission Cléopatre» was quitte funny.
They are even better when you read them again as an adult. You will laugh at different points. And look at all the details in the pictures. Hilarious.

One of my favourites is the one with the spy looking like young Sean Connery. LOL
And how Brutus is often seen in Julius Caesar's background, sharpening his dagger.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 08:33:50 AM by Regenbogen »

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2020, 08:37:58 AM »
Yes, I understood so many jokes when I was older. I have not read the newest Asterixes, but the Uderzo-Goscinny ones were perfection. I love them.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2020, 11:59:27 AM »
Yes, I understood so many jokes when I was older. I have not read the newest Asterixes, but the Uderzo-Goscinny ones were perfection. I love them.
I have skimmed through some of them in bookstores but really the later ones don’t have the same quality. Not that well written compared to the older ones.

I like how he got some historical details completely right and others completely wrong on purpose.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2020, 07:20:20 PM »
One of the lines that took me long to understand. "If you ever need to build something, like a channel between the Mediterranean and the Red Sea, call any Gaul, by Tutatis!"  ;D
Ok, I will stop talking about Asterix now.

Back on track
Apparently the wrestling book may be called Body Slam
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline deadvoid

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2020, 09:28:32 PM »
Hold on, if Mirror Mirror is 18th, what about Twelve Months?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2020, 10:45:33 PM »
No. 12 months will be 18. MM will be 19, I think.
Missing you, Md