Author Topic: Madeline Raith and Christos  (Read 5673 times)

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Madeline Raith and Christos
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2018, 12:52:01 AM »
I've assumed Christos. The whole thing was coordinated too much, and he's pretty much the only Council member who gained something from Turn Coat.
It's been a while since I've read it, but I remember it being suggested that killer killed LaFortier because LaFortier found out who was the traitor. Therefore, no one needed to benefit to explain the events. (Obviously Peabody wasn't the only one involved as there were two people on the island summoning the spiders).

I like the idea of Christos just being a moron.

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2018, 08:26:38 PM »
Fair enough, but I believe Christos is complicit, not just dumb.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2018, 09:44:44 PM »
Cristos was the replacement LaFortier's followers wanted. He wasn't the natural next Senior Council member. The natural replacement was Klaus the Toymaker. Everyone senior to him had already passed and/or been absent at least twice, and maybe even killed. The only way Cristos was able to skip to the front of the line was by threatening to destroy the Council.

If Cristos was Black Council, he would have feigned acceptance of Klaus on the part of his constituency and then told his constituency that they had been railroaded by the Merlin.

That's the best reasoning I can come up with for "Cristos isn't Black Council," and it relies on the assumption that Cristos couldn't put himself forward in the election process once Klaus accepted the nomination, which isn't an assumption I'm willing to make.

There's obviously more than one bad guy in the Council. Cristos is a good bet. If I had to pick someone as the bad guy on the Council, I don't see a better pick. Long story short, I agree with you, but I just like the idea that Cristos is some stupid puppet. Kind of how I like the idea of winning the lottery but don't think I'm going to win (except I have better, if not good, odds with Cristos).

On a side note, we've been spelling Cristos wrong.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2018, 11:15:50 PM »
Let's consider the misspelling more of an insult towards the character and less a comment of our mental acuity.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline exartiem

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2018, 01:18:51 AM »
Fair enough, but I believe Christos is complicit, not just dumb.

Why not both?  The world is full of people who are complicit in evil because their lack of intelligence and/or ego makes them easy to manipulate and control.  Example:  Rudolph.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 11:32:12 AM by exartiem »

Offline kbrizzle

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2018, 07:12:43 PM »
Regarding Cristos:

Here’s how I see it - while Peabody & his proximity/ influence over the Senior Council explain the intelligence leaks behind the Red Court’s gains throughout the war, I’m fairly certain we haven’t caught the Big Bad on the White Council yet. Even if Cristos is working with/ for the Black Council, I don’t see him as being the Black Council’s ultimate mole in the White Council

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2018, 12:12:19 AM »
Conspiracies always need a few patsies. A$$Holes make good patsies. Cristos fits the bill. Unfortunately, so does Harry.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?