Author Topic: Skin Game question  (Read 2324 times)

Offline kbrizzle

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Skin Game question
« on: November 14, 2018, 05:34:54 AM »
One of the unexpected parts of Skin Game was when Tessa attacked the heist gang twice; each time knowing the precise details of where they were going to be & when.

How do you think she found this out? Nic only had 4 denarii with him, & they seem pretty loyal to him. The squires can’t talk, so how did Tessa know that Deedee was going to be sacrificed & when/how the plan was going down?

Offline dspringer1

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Skin Game question
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 06:25:32 PM »
Several Ideas
*  Tessa can transform into a swarm of bugs.   Maybe she can "detach" a few bugs as spies
*  Tessa could have compromised some of Nic's minions.   They cannot speak, but they can write, email, text, sign language or any number of other options.   Do Minions Twitter?       Tessa has been rivals with Nic for centuries.   She would certainly have put some effort into spying on him.
*  She could have hired people to spy on Nic using non-magical means
*  She could have some method to follow/observe her daughter - who was -- after all - at all the sights of attack. Blood ties allow scrying.
*  Who says that Fallen would not have divided loyalties or otherwise have differing agenda.   Lasciel was clearly involved and she was notorious for not being a "loyal minion" of anybody.  After all, all the interventions were focused pretty hard on stopping/hurting Harry - a prime objective for Lasciel.

Offline jb3435

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 03:58:49 AM »
Tessa and Nic have been around a long time they quite possibly know how each other thinks rather well. Also its quite possible that she was involved in the planning up until she found out the requirement for the Gate of Blood at which point she had a change of whatever she has in place of a heart since she is evil and possessed.

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 09:31:21 PM »
I think Deirdre spoke to Tessa to say goodbye.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 11:26:36 PM »
Sounds like a simple solution. That and a tracking device.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline RobReece

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 01:06:54 AM »

this was my thought as well