Author Topic: Molly and the guy in black  (Read 10727 times)

Offline LordDresden2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Molly and the guy in black
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2018, 03:05:55 AM »
Kill Mab.

Really. That is the only way for Harry to have sex with Molly.

Or both of them escape from Faerie.  Which apparently has been done, IIRC.

Offline LordDresden2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2018, 03:07:57 AM »
Of course then Molly would get Mab's throne and then they can consumate their marriage and get a bunch of changelings as future spare ladies.

You know, I wouldn't absolutely rule out that being Mother Winter's actual, operating plan.  We already know that Mother Winter thinks her daughter is 'too much the Romantic'...think about that.  Replacing her might be an option, from MW's unsentimental POV.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2018, 03:17:05 PM »
Maeve is older than 150 years old but younger than a birth, or rather an early adulthood of some Austrian composer.  So, a father that probably had a child no earlier than 1750.  This would make Maeve no older than approximately 250 years old.  Therefore, she is in no event 1000 years old.
Fair enough, I was getting Maeve's birth mixed up with the whole Hastings thing and assumed that that was when she was born.

Either way, she's been doing the Winter Lady thing for long enough to have a pretty solid grasp of whether or not she could take the Winter Knight if she had to and, by all appearances, she seemed pretty confident.

Kill Mab.

Really. That is the only way for Harry to have sex with Molly.
Given what Mab's mantle has done to Mab, I don't think Harry would wish that on anyone, especially Molly. He's already worried enough about what the Lady mantle is doing to her, he wouldn't want to saddle her with a more powerful one.

I agree that nothing is likely to happen soon, for most of the reasons you list, but I suspect that 'Harry doesn't want it' is no longer so clear cut as it once was.  At one time, yeah, Harry thought of Molly as 'the kid', but that's changing, in his own mind, whether he wants it to or not, he's somewhat in denial about it, but his friends (including Murphy, I note) see it.
Even so, he hasn't shown much actual interest in her romantically, if at all. Attraction to a really hot woman in her early 20s? Sure, just like nearly every other heterosexual male (and, probably, bi/lesbian woman) Molly has walked past in the last few years. But romantic inclination? I haven't seen that from Harry.

As far as id-Harry going behind Harry's back to talk to Molly...it could be.  There is precedent for this, remember how id-Harry and Lash did exactly that.  Id-Harry does want Molly, we already know that, he's mentioned it to Harry.  If id-Harry and Molly were linked up mentally...yeah, I could easily see it as a possibility.

I could well imagine id-Harry telling Molly something like, "Don't despair, kiddo, you're getting to him whether he'll admit it yet or not."
In fairness, we're talking about Id-Harry here. Id-Harry is not quite on Bob's level, but he's not exactly super picky, either. A chunk of his advice in Skin Game was along the lines of, "You're surrounded by beautiful women, just fuck one of them already," and advised he should bang Hannah to boot.

So let's just say I do not trust Id-Harry as the go-to for indications of love. Put it this way: The organ he's most concerned with pleasing is not the heart.

and if you could kindly point to where you directly replied to that point instead of substituting it with you own tangent i'd love that... cause I never actually said that

I'd be happy to.

None of the Files have shown the Lady do anything physically the Knight couldn't do, and better

I was pointing out the abilities we've seen Maeve and Molly exhibit during the books.
Maeve dislocated Slate's shoulder with a light kick, and Molly physically kicking down a pair of gigantic wooden doors to the point they nearly exploded -- both clearly feats of strength well beyond what their normal muscular and frames would have accounted for.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2018, 04:30:44 PM »
Given what Mab's mantle has done to Mab, I don't think Harry would wish that on anyone, especially Molly. He's already worried enough about what the Lady mantle is doing to her, he wouldn't want to saddle her with a more powerful one.
Even so, he hasn't shown much actual interest in her romantically, if at all. Attraction to a really hot woman in her early 20s? Sure, just like nearly every other heterosexual male (and, probably, bi/lesbian woman) Molly has walked past in the last few years. But romantic inclination? I haven't seen that from Harry.
In fairness, we're talking about Id-Harry here. Id-Harry is not quite on Bob's level, but he's not exactly super picky, either. A chunk of his advice in Skin Game was along the lines of, "You're surrounded by beautiful women, just fuck one of them already," and advised he should bang Hannah to boot.

So let's just say I do not trust Id-Harry as the go-to for indications of love. Put it this way: The organ he's most concerned with pleasing is not the heart.
Bah, for the real hardcore Molly shippers wizard-apprentice relation is insignificant, consent can be given by the man in black and reality is something to be destroyed if it blocks the ship.

Litterally. Molly is not ready for Mab's job.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Carl

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2018, 05:00:36 PM »
@Mr_Death: To be fair Cold Case, (no idea why i called it cold days the other day, other than feeling like harry at the end of an especially rough case anyway), indicates a hell of a lot of the way fae act, and in particular winter fae's constant desire to get somthing into bed comes direct from Mab rather than the mantle as a lot of Winter Law is laid down by her, not innate to the fae or the mantles. Makes you wonder whether the cannot lie thing is a hard rule too or just something Mab and Titania have laid down.

But Yeah Harry isn't even close to on the same level as Molly now, which kinda makes me sad because it probably means she's going to be mostly out of the way from now on, she's just too powerful for a Dresden sized pond.

Based on the trick Molly pulled at the start of Cold case freezing all that water to walk ashore and assuming, (as Harry indicated in one book is the case), she could apply the same level of power to physical actions she could bench press Hyperion. Thats one of saturn's moons and is bigger than great britain for reference. And that's a mid level estimate of the power she used, (it varies depending on the exact temperature of the seawater before she froze it and the ice after she was done).
Possibly Ivy and Molly's biggest fan, i'm too chivalrous and kind for my own damm good. A bit like a certain Wizard we all know :).

Molly should get this shirt.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2018, 12:31:25 PM »
Middle management still has to deal with the underlings. And, Molly is now middle management.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?