Author Topic: Juxtaposition, Who fixed LC?  (Read 11351 times)

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Juxtaposition, Who fixed LC?
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2018, 04:39:46 AM »
Slight correction, that was Summer Fire, not Hellfire Harry threw, which was given to him by Lily.  So either Mab was working with her on that, or Mab didn't control every aspect of everything.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2018, 11:18:40 AM »
There wouldn't have been a threshold from the never never, would there? 
Mab can just enter anyone's home as long as she behaves like a proper guest. See Cat Sith's explanation in Cold Days.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2018, 03:31:47 PM »
Also Harry is her bitch, so she probably had a standing invite until he settled his debt. (well, he wound up being even more in her debt by becoming her knight, but, y'know)

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2018, 04:35:30 PM »
Also Harry is her bitch, so she probably had a standing invite until he settled his debt. (well, he wound up being even more in her debt by becoming her knight, but, y'know)
With the Knighthood maybe, that one has a lot more far-reaching and ill-defined obligation attached to it. But the Favors were very specific, even if it was backed by the Lea-link thanks to his broken oaths.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2018, 11:04:37 PM »
Slight correction, that was Summer Fire, not Hellfire Harry threw, which was given to him by Lily.  So either Mab was working with her on that, or Mab didn't control every aspect of everything.
Oops. :-[  I stand corrected.  Maybe.  But isn't his fire always laced with hellfire while Lash is on board?  Another thing to check with my next rereading.  If he doesn't get Peace Talks out soon I'm going to have My Dresden library memorized. :-\

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2018, 01:18:17 PM »
Oops. :-[  I stand corrected.  Maybe.  But isn't his fire always laced with hellfire while Lash is on board?  Another thing to check with my next rereading.  If he doesn't get Peace Talks out soon I'm going to have My Dresden library memorized. :-\
Not always or innately, it has a specific visual change when he taps it, but by the end og things he'd gotten used to tapping it for just about everything.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain