Author Topic: Assuming Nicodemus got the Coin out.....  (Read 9259 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Assuming Nicodemus got the Coin out.....
« on: June 22, 2018, 04:26:57 AM »
Who do you think will end up with his daughter's Coin?  I think an interesting, and bad ass choice could be Lara Raith.  She'd be pretty scary combining her powers with the power of that Coin.

Of course Nic may try to replace his daughter by finding a young, innocent woman to manipulate.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 04:29:53 AM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Assuming Nicodemus got the Coin out.....
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 04:58:46 AM »
Lara just got out of being dominated by her father.  I have a hard time seeing her risking getting dominated, however subtly by a coin.

Part of it depends on how connected he is to the coin just because it was his daughter's coin.  He might have some kind of sentimental attachment to it if he treasures it as a memento/a connection to his daughter.  Or he may think it's just another soldier in his war and it would go to whichever host provides the most benefit.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 05:06:13 AM »
He would give it to Maggie to turn her into his replacement goldfish daughter. (I mean, he'd probably like to anyway, if he could get past Mouse and Harry.)

Realistically speaking though I expect that after his trip to Hades Nicky has doubled down on his 'everything for the cause' and 'nothing matters to me but the mission' mentality, so he's probably going to put the coin into circulation asap- it's just to big of an asset to leave off board so late in the game.

Which means handing it to whomever he finds with the right mentality and talents to be a soldier for him.

And while I have no doubt he'd love to snatch up Lara (and by proxy the White Court) Peregrine is right. Lara works for Lara.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 05:41:22 AM by forumghost »

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 05:12:44 AM »
Lara just got out of being dominated by her father.  I have a hard time seeing her risking getting dominated, however subtly by a coin.

Part of it depends on how connected he is to the coin just because it was his daughter's coin.  He might have some kind of sentimental attachment to it if he treasures it as a memento/a connection to his daughter.  Or he may think it's just another soldier in his war and it would go to whichever host provides the most benefit.

I agree she wouldn't want it...  For me it's more about her feeling cornered.  Secret is out, the other White Court houses are turning on the Raith's, and she needs help.  Nicodemus is only to happy to help.  Of course with her and Thomas fighting in the Oblivion war it lowers any chance of this happening.

He would give it to Maggie to turn her into his replacement goldfish daughter.

I mean, he'd probably like to anyway, if he could get past Mouse and Harry.

I'm sure he'd love to.  But with Jim doing the spin off series with Maggie I don't see her actually becoming a Denarian.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 06:45:45 AM »
I agree she wouldn't want it...  For me it's more about her feeling cornered.  Secret is out, the other White Court houses are turning on the Raith's, and she needs help. 

I doubt it. The other houses' leadership are dead after WN.

Offline huangjimmy108

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2018, 07:14:42 AM »
Who do you think will end up with his daughter's Coin?  I think an interesting, and bad ass choice could be Lara Raith.  She'd be pretty scary combining her powers with the power of that Coin.

Of course Nic may try to replace his daughter by finding a young, innocent woman to manipulate.

I am not worried about Lara wraith so much I am worried about Papa Wraith.

If one of those coins fall into old Papa Wraith...

If the fallen can help papa Wraith regain his sealed powers...

An ancient white vampire + full magic immunity + fallen angel powers is a very scary combination. In fact, it look like a perfect wizard slayer to me.

It is also something easily accomplished. I mean, for Nick finding out that papa wraith is just a puppet will be simple. He is the master of shadows after all. I even suspect Nick already knows. Sneaking a coin pass all of Lara's security will be a bit difficult, but it is something Nick can do easily enough.

The only problem that I can see if weather or not Papa wraith is still together enough to become a true Denarian. If his psyche is too damage, maybe he can only become a low level coin holder Like Magock or Rasmussen.
But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil, damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness . . .
    . . . which could obviously be redeemed only by passing through the fiery, cleansing inferno of a wizardly digestive tract.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2018, 07:45:23 AM »
I think Lara's demon would not like the competition.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline huangjimmy108

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2018, 01:52:08 PM »

I do not think that a whampire's demon is that kind of an entity.

As far as I understand it, the whampire's demon is just hunger with very low intelligence, ego or ambition. As long as you keep it fed, the demon won't be bothered with anything else.

If a whampire get hold of a coin, the fallen will be able to manage such a simpleton of a demon easily. In fact, I suspect it will be a lot easier for the fallen in the coin to manipulate and control a whampire compare to a vanilla, because a whampire has an obvious weakness. If the fallen offer the demon food, the fallen will almost guaranteed a foothold over the whampire host.

If Thomas touched a coin for example, I think it will be at least 10 times harder for him to block the influence. I mean, the demon is half of his soul. If the fallen promise the demon food which the demon virtually will agrees, technically the fallen already owned half of Thomas's soul in one shot.
But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil, damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness . . .
    . . . which could obviously be redeemed only by passing through the fiery, cleansing inferno of a wizardly digestive tract.

Offline WereElephant

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2018, 03:27:07 PM »
If Thomas touched a coin for example, I think it will be at least 10 times harder for him to block the influence. I mean, the demon is half of his soul. If the fallen promise the demon food which the demon virtually will agrees, technically the fallen already owned half of Thomas's soul in one shot.

Uriel and Michael would both disagree, as per their comments and disposition toward Harry during his time with Lasciel and the denouement of Ghost Story.

I am not worried about Lara wraith so much I am worried about Papa Wraith.

If one of those coins fall into old Papa Wraith...

If the fallen can help papa Wraith regain his sealed powers...

An ancient white vampire + full magic immunity + fallen angel powers is a very scary combination. In fact, it look like a perfect wizard slayer to me.

Interesting thought, but from what I understand, the current consensus is Papa Raith gets his immunity to enemy magic from HWWB. Deirdre's Denarian was on Team Nic, and wouldn't cooperate with the Walker. Opposing agenda.

I doubt it. The other houses' leadership are dead after WN.

From where we last saw her, Lara isn't in a great position. She could be persuaded to take more power.

Yes, the WN Deeps Battle devastated (not decimated) her opposition in the White Court, and let House Raith effectively take control. I imagine it will take the other houses decades or centuries to become contenders again. However, her House was wounded as well, and with Papa Raith (please make that a pizza joint) on a leash, the other houses were still somewhat beholden to her bidding. Their losses count as her losses in any conflict where the White Court would stand unified.

Also, remember Shagnasty. That Skinwalker waltzed right into Raith manor and made a field day out of ripping her personal guards apart in her very home. News of that demonstrates vulnerability, and news like that spreads. It also must have rattled her.

I don't believe she's been onscreen since Turn Coat (unless short stories - need to catch up on those), so I don't know how well the White Court is handling the Fomor. They mentioned something in Ghost Story with the Whamp at Murphy's but details escape me presently. I think they had their hands full, though.

Given these circumstances, I absolutely think Lara would like a power boost, for either the organization, herself, or both. She wouldn't like being at the mercy of a Fallen, but unlike Papa Raith, I don't see a conflict of interest in such an alliance. She could be persuaded, I think.

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2018, 03:28:47 PM »
It can not like it all it wants, I'm pretty sure a true Fallen Angel would stomp the hell out of it if it came down to it.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2018, 04:18:40 PM »
It can not like it all it wants, I'm pretty sure a true Fallen Angel would stomp the hell out of it if it came down to it.
If it is allowed to do so, I think not.

There is a recent video where Jim talks about what would happen if a red court vampire tried to take over a white one and the demon would fight it.

But the fallen will not try to take over, it will try to seduce and that is different and the fallen must offer more than the usual package for humans.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2018, 12:47:06 AM »
Interesting thought, but from what I understand, the current consensus is Papa Raith gets his immunity to enemy magic from HWWB. Deirdre's Denarian was on Team Nic, and wouldn't cooperate with the Walker. Opposing agenda.
From where we last saw her, Lara isn't in a great position. She could be persuaded to take more power.
Yes, the WN Deeps Battle devastated (not decimated) her opposition in the White Court, and let House Raith effectively take control. I imagine it will take the other houses decades or centuries to become contenders again. However, her House was wounded as well, and with Papa Raith (please make that a pizza joint) on a leash, the other houses were still somewhat beholden to her bidding. Their losses count as her losses in any conflict where the White Court would stand unified.
Also, remember Shagnasty. That Skinwalker waltzed right into Raith manor and made a field day out of ripping her personal guards apart in her very home. News of that demonstrates vulnerability, and news like that spreads. It also must have rattled her.

The Circle - who are all but confirmed to be Outsider affiliates - was trying to take Lord Raith out in White Night. It's possible that how the shield was set up means the Outsider(s) are stuck sponsoring it no matter who Raith is controlled by, so long as he lives. But I'm not sure the shield means he's necessarily still immune to everything Harry can throw at it anyway. Harry has learned a lot since BR, including getting better at recognizing Outsiders' handiwork, and that he has some sort of edge over them that other wizards don't.I'm thinking it might not be a coincidence that the death curse Margaret was able to tag him with despite his "invulnerability" was cast as she was giving birth to a starborn. Winter's power might be another advantage, given how hard it reacted to the other walker he fought in CD when combined with soulfire.

As for Lara' position, it's also relevant that Thomas mentioned in CD that the expansion in her power base has been getting scarily significant lately. I doubt she'd be hard pressed to keep Skavis and Malvora in line if she had to now; it's just that under white court culture she just prefers manipulation even after growing beyond absolutely needing it. Plus, there are probably other ambitious members of her own family that would decline to exactly fall into line.

Offline huangjimmy108

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2018, 01:14:03 AM »
Uriel and Michael would both disagree, as per their comments and disposition toward Harry during his time with Lasciel and the denouement of Ghost Story.

I don't believe she's been onscreen since Turn Coat (unless short stories - need to catch up on those), so I don't know how well the White Court is handling the Fomor. They mentioned something in Ghost Story with the Whamp at Murphy's but details escape me presently. I think they had their hands full, though.

Given these circumstances, I absolutely think Lara would like a power boost, for either the organization, herself, or both. She wouldn't like being at the mercy of a Fallen, but unlike Papa Raith, I don't see a conflict of interest in such an alliance. She could be persuaded, I think.

The forces of Hell and the outsiders are not mutually exclusive, at least not at the individual level.

I mean, we can be reasonably certain that there is a Judas within the ranks of the Denarians. The main suspect is Roassanna for now. This Judas is most probably member of the circle which are very likely to be colluding with outsiders.

In other words, there is already an example of a Denarian cooperating with outsiders. Rosaana and her fallen is already colluding with walkers.

If there is one, there can be two.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2018, 01:17:20 AM »
The forces of Hell and the outsiders are not mutually exclusive, at least not at the individual level.

I mean, we can be reasonably certain that there is a Judas within the ranks of the Denarians. The main suspect is Roassanna for now. This Judas is most probably member of the circle which are very likely to be colluding with outsiders.

In other words, there is already an example of a Denarian cooperating with outsiders. Rosaana and her fallen is already colluding with walkers.

If there is one, there can be two.

Denarians are locked in the Coins for the very reason that Lucy doesn't trust them.  As Jim said, Lucy's basically having an argument with God, but doesn't want to destroy reality, and in some ways that makes Nicodemus more dangerous.

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2018, 10:53:57 AM »
How about Cassandra's tears' Lydia from Grave Peril? Now that would be a reasonable choice, she's not completely stable, and a former drug addict and would be easy enough to manipulate. She has a history with Harry, which makes for a very decent spy/assassin.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير